(Clearwisdom.net) At around 10:10 p.m. on January 28, 2009, seven hours after Xishanping Labor Camp declared Mr. Jiang Xiqing dead, his children found that his philtrum, chest, belly and legs were still warm. They were shocked, and shouted, "Dad is still alive! Quickly rescue him!" They tried to do artificial respiration, but more than twenty guards forcibly dragged them out of the funeral home. When Mr. Jiang's family visited him 24 hours before his death, he was fine. How did he suddenly die of illness, as the labor camp official alleged? Why did his family did not hear from the labor camp if he was so sick as to be close to death? The suspicious nature of Mr. Jiang's death and the labor camp's clumsy attempts to cover up the cause of death have led the family to suspect that Mr. Jiang was murdered.

Mr. Jiang Xiqing, 66, was a retired employee of the Jiangjin District Tax Bureau in Chongqing City. He was very healthy after practicing Falun Dafa, and he worked very hard. He was compassionate and helpful to others. Mr. Jiang was illegally arrested several days before the Beijing Olympics and detained in the Seventh Ward of Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City. On the afternoon of January 27, 2009 (the second day of the Chinese New Year), his family visited him at the labor camp, and he appeared to be in good health. Less than 24 hours later, the camp called them to say that Mr. Jiang had died.

On January 28, 2009, the labor camp officials told the family that Mr. Jiang died of a stroke. But how come, after seven hours in the freezer, he was still warm? On January 29, 2009, the camp gave a second explanation for the cause of his death. They said that Mr. Jiang Xiqing had suffered sunburn, and a Chinese medicine treatment that scrapes the skin on his chest, back, hands, elbows, and the joints on his legs to relieve the sunburn led to his death. This was also a dubious claim, as normally this treatment is only performed on the parts of the body that suffered sunburn, not to the whole body. Furthermore, given that it was the middle of winter, it was highly unlikely for Mr. Jiang to have suffered sunburn all over his body as the camp authorities claimed. The only reasonable explanation is that Mr. Jiang probably passed out due to beating, as bruises covered his body. The labor camp administration forbade his family to examine Mr. Jiang's back, and they tried to have his body cremated quickly.

From the day Mr. Jiang was arrested, his home ransacked, to his being taken to the forced labor camp, no legal procedures were followed. His family was not notified of the arrest and incarceration. Jiangjin District Domestic Security director Mu Chaoheng threatened his children, saying, "I have power, and I can torture whoever I want. Your parents were taken to a brainwashing center in 2000 without being sent to forced labor or imprisonment. This time, I want to send your father to one year of forced labor."

Liu Caimou, Chair of Chongqing City Forced Labor Camp Bureau: 86-23 67502021
Liu Hua, Xishanping Labor Camp Management Chair: 86-23 89090028
Meng Shuping, Training Ward leader of Xishanping Labor Camp: 86-15922611118 (Cell)
Wang Jing, Second Section Leader of Seventh Ward, Xishanping Labor Camp: 86-23 89090025
Li Yong, Second Section CCP Leader of Seventh Ward, Xishanping Labor Camp: 86-13108983459 (Cell)
Youxi Town Police Station, Jiangjin District: 86-23-47881042

Related report: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2009/2/4/104538.html