(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Li Guiqin Persecuted to Death

Ms. Li Guiqin, 68, was a resident of Dongleizi Village, Yongyang Town, in Laishui County, Hebei Province. Before she started practicing Falun Gong in August 1997, she suffered from cerebral thrombosis. After practicing for a while, her symptoms disappeared, her menstrual cycle returned on two separate occasions, and in February 1999 she grew two new teeth. At that time, her face was glowing with health and she walked with a very light step. People who met her thought she was in her 40s.

Since the start of Jiang Zemin's persecution of Falun Gong in July 20, 1999, Ms. Li was tortured by Chinese Communist Party (CCP) personnel and police officers. She also had money extorted from her and her home was ransacked.

In 2000, Ms. Li was taken into custody and tortured to the point where she suffered a mental collapse. In 2003, her previous symptoms of brain thrombosis reappeared. In 2004 she broke her arm and injured her hip in a fall, making it very difficult for her to walk. When she went to a hospital, the doctor refused to treat her, saying that she was too old. Soon after that she became bedridden for four years and was as thin as a rail.

On May 1, 2008, Ms. Li passed away as a result of persecution. A once healthy and vibrant practitioner was persecuted to death just for practicing Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

Ms. Zheng Shuying Tortured to Death in Gansu Province

Ms. Zheng Shuying, a retired employee of the First Wool Fabrication Factory in Lanzhou City, Gansu Province, started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. Before she took up the practice, she suffered a work-related injury and several illnesses, which required ongoing hospitalization. After she practiced Falun Gong, all of her symptoms disappeared. Ms. Zheng's family also benefited from her practice, as well as her employer, who saved over ten thousand yuan in medical related expenses.

When the persecution of Falun Gong started on July 20, 1999, Ms. Zheng went to Beijing to appeal in the latter part of that same year. She told the Chinese authorities how she benefited from practicing Falun Gong but was arrested in the end. Police officers from the Qilihe District Department in Lanzhou City charged her with the crime of "disturbing social stability" and then took her to a detention center.

After she was released, she continued to clarify the facts to those who were deceived by the CCP's anti-Falun Gong propaganda. In 2000 she was arrested once again and held at the Xiguoyuan Detention Center in Lanzhou City for several months.

During her imprisonment, her family was harassed and their home ransacked on numerous occasions. Ms. Zheng was severely tortured both physically and spiritually and suffered from insomnia as well as other illnesses. On the morning of January 19, 2009, she passed away.