(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wang Xin from Shenyang City, Liaoning Province was a Tsinghua University doctoral student who was sentenced to nine years in prison in 2001. Mr. Wang has been imprisoned for eight years and subjected to inhumane tortures at different places, including Beijing Prison, Dabei Prison, Huazi Prison and Nanguanling Prison. In late 2008 he held a hunger strike to protest the persecution. In response, the prison guards conducted a forced-feeding, and forcibly inserted a feeding tube down his throat which severely injured his esophagus.

The following are details about the persecution of Wang Xin.

Wang Xin lived in the residential area of the Shenhe District Coal Mine Design Institute in Shenyang City. He had participated in truth-clarifying activities while pursuing his doctoral studies at Tsinghua University in Beijing. On December 13, 2001, the Beijing Intermediate Court sentenced him to nine years of incarceration on charges of "utilizing the Internet to spread Dafa truth-clarification materials," "Making use of helium balloons to hang banners," and "Distributing Dafa truth-clarification materials."

In 2002, Wang Xin was returned to Shenyang and held at the Dabei Prison. Officials transferred him to the Huazi Prison on June 7, 2002. While there, on April 10, 2004, following orders from prison officials, inmates Zhao Hua and Bao Yongsheng ruthlessly beat Mr. Wang.

In July 2004, Huazi Prison officials put Wang Xin and 13 other practitioners into a special detention ward where they were severely tortured and mentally abused.

In mid-September 2005, prison officials ordered Wang Xin and other practitioners to wear badges stating they are prisoners. The practitioners firmly rejected this order. Prison overseers then denied these practitioners the right to purchase daily necessities, to see family members and to bathe themselves. Wang Xin went on a protest hunger strike and was subjected to intensified torture for 99 days.

In late April 2006, Wang Xin made certain requests to his captors, but received no reply from the officials. He held another hunger strike. The guards tortured him repeatedly during his hunger strike, and he became very weak afterwards.

In late 2007, Wang Xin was transferred to Division 16 at the Nanguanling Prison in Dalian City, Liaoning Province, and in early 2008, he went on hunger strike again and was sent to a "small cell" to be detained in isolation for over six months.

In late 2008, Wang Xin went on a hunger strike again and was brutally force-fed. His esophagus was badly damaged as a result. Seeing he was extremely weak, the prison authorities sent him to Dalian Tenth Hospital for emergency treatment. In mid-January 2009, Mr. Wang was returned to the Nanguanling Prison.

Wang Xin graduated from No. 27 High School in Shenyang City. He was the only student at his high school admitted to Tsinghua University. After receiving his bachelor's degree in 1999, he was admitted free of examination to the doctoral program at the university's Department of Precision Instruments and Mechanics, and was awarded numerous scholarships.

Wang Xin's mother was a kind woman and missed her son very much. Wang Xin's plight took a heavy toll on her health. She died in early 2005. Her brother also died during the persecution.

Nanguanling Prison

Address: 192 Yaoxi St., Ganjing District, Dalian City, Liaoning Province, 116037
Phone numbers: 86-411-86908777, 86-411-86906668, 86-411-86908888, 86-411-86908600
Prison head: Gao Ying