Additional Persecution News from China - December 20, 2008 (18 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 14 cities or counties in 11 provinces. In this report, 19 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 13 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Jinxiu Arrested
- [Dagang District, Tianjin City] Police Break into Mr. Li Shuhua's Home and Harass His Family
- [Huangshi City, Hubei Province] Mr. Liu Shunchao and His Driver Currently Detained in Huangshi First Detention Center and will be Tried on December 28, 2008
- [Huangshi City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Zhang Maonu Released on December 16, 2008 after Being Detained for Fifteen Days
- [Kuandian County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Feng Guobi Persecuted
- [Ya'an City, Sichuan Province] Cheng Siying, a 10-Year-Old Girl, Disappears and Her Parents' Whereabouts Unknown after Their Detention
- [Fucheng County, Hebei Province] Ms. Liu Shuqing Arrested and Police Extort Money
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Officials from Guanghui Equipment Manufacturing Company Persecute Practitioner Li Minzhu
- [Shanghai City] Mr. Lu Zheng Arrested
- [Guidong County, Hunan Province] Mr. Guo Minggao Sentenced to Forced Labor
- [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Ms. Du Hongfan's Whereabouts Unknown
- [Xinjin City, Sichuan Province] Four Practitioners Arrested and Later Released
- [Funing County, Hebei Province] Funing County Court Plans to Try Practitioner Guo Daoyou on December 23, 2008
- [Changyi City, Shandong Province] Officers from Changyi City 610 Office and Beimeng Police Station Arrest Practitioners
- [Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province] Mr. Zhang Junqing and Other Practitioners Sentenced to Forced Labor
- [Jidong County, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Gui Jizhu Arrested on December 18, 2008
- [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Wang Jin Arrested
- [Huining County, Gansu Province] Practitioners from Huning County Detained in Prisons in Gansu Province
On December 15, 2008, police arrested Ms. Wang Jinxiu, a practitioner from Zhucheng City, Shandong Province. The police shouted while going downstairs, "We would rather kill a hundred, than let one escape."2. [Dagang District, Tianjin City] Police Break into Mr. Li Shuhua's Home and Harass His Family
Li Shuhua, male, in his forties, has practiced Falun Gong for over twelve years. During the past nine years of persecution, he has been sentenced to forced labor twice, and his home has been ransacked five times. In February 2008, over a dozen police officers broke into Mr Li's home through the windows and confiscated his personal belongings and Falun Gong books. Mr. Li managed to escape, but he has not been able to return home since.
On December 16, 2008, three police officers from Shengli Police Station in Dagang District broke into Mr. Li's home and harassed his family. At around 10 a.m., a uniformed officer claiming to be a local police officer came to inform Mr. Li about getting a new ID and checked to see if he was home. At around noon, three police officers broke into his home without his family's permission or showing any documentation. They claimed that Mr. Li needed to go to the police station. When his family told them that he was not home, they didn't leave and searched each room. They didn't find him, but they confiscated a picture of the founder of Falun Gong even though his elderly mother-in-law and his handicapped wife tried to stop them. Mr. Li's daughter reprimanded their scoundrel-like actions. His wife sternly warned them that their actions encroached upon the citizens' freedom of belief and were illegal.
3. [Huangshi City, Hubei Province] Mr. Liu Shunchao and His Driver Currently Detained in Huangshi First Detention Center and will be Tried on December 28, 2008
4. [Huangshi City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Zhang Maonu Released on December 16, 2008 after Being Detained for Fifteen Days
5. [Kuandian County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Feng Guobi Persecuted
Ms. Feng Guobi, 61, lives in the Qiguan area of Kuandian County, Liaoning Province. In the spring of 2006, she was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor for distributing Falun Gong materials. She was released on August 2, 2008. On September 30, 2008, while Ms. Feng was visiting her friend Ms. Lin Yuxian's home and they were reading some Falun Gong materials that Ms. Lin had collected from the garbage, police officers from the Chengbei Police Department broke into the home and arrested Ms. Feng, Ms. Lin, and Ms. Lin's son, Mr. Qu Kun. Although Ms. Lin told the police that the materials were from the garbage, her son, Qu Kun told them that Ms. Feng had brought them over. Ms. Feng did not want Ms. Lin to get in trouble and was forced to admit the materials were hers. The next day, Ms. Lin and her son were released. Later they were forced to give their thumb prints on their testimony and were threatened to not tell others. Ms. Feng has been followed, and it was reported that she was sentenced to more than three years in prison.
6. [Ya'an City, Sichuan Province] Cheng Siying, a 10-Year-Old Girl, Disappears and Her Parents' Whereabouts Unknown after Their Detention
On August 7, 2008, Gou Yongqiong and several other officers from Mingshan State Security Division of Yan'an City arrested Cheng Siying's parents. Siying was forced to leave home (see: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2008/9/4/100378.html). On October 27, 2008, Siying went to the Mingshan County Police Department to look for her parents but the officers told her that they had committed suicide. Later, she went to Mengdingshan Town Center School to talk to the teachers about Falun Gong and the persecution and left some materials with each teacher. Siying's parents' whereabouts are unknown, and she has disappeared as well.
Zhao Fuliang, director of Mingshan County Police Department in Yan'an City: 86-13908169777 (Cell)
Gou Yongqiong, chief of Mingshan State Security Division of Yan'an City: 86-13981621999 (Cell), 86-13881620688 (Cell)
Gao Rui, officer of Mingshan County State Security Division: 86-835--6250328
Qin Gang, party secretary of Mingshan County: 86-13908160605 (Cell)
Mengyang Town Police Station: 86-835--3223743
7. [Fucheng County, Hebei Province] Ms. Liu Shuqing Arrested and Police Extort Money
At 10 a.m. on December 18, 2008, while Ms. Liu Shuqing was working at her shop, police officers from the Fucheng County State Security Division suddenly arrived and ransacked the shop without showing any legal documentation. They confiscated some Falun Gong books and materials and took Ms. Liu to the Fucheng Police Department. Later, they called her family to extort money for her release. They extorted 20,000 yuan from her family.
8. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Officials from Guanghui Equipment Manufacturing Company Persecute Practitioner Li Minzhu
Mr. Li Minzhu works at the Guanghui Equipment Manufacturing Company. He told people that he met through work, including college students, his customers, and some experts, about Falun Gong and the persecution. He was reported to the party committee of the company. On December 2 and 8, 2008, the officials from the party committee, including Zhang Zhi, Zhang Jianhua, and former deputy party secretary Zhu Xiangying, talked to all the Falun Gong practitioners at the company and tried to force them to give up the practice. The practitioners clarified the truth about Falun Gong to them and refused to give up practicing.
On December 16, 2008, disregarding the compassionate words from the practitioners, Zhu Xiangying published an article in the company's journal defaming Falun Gong.
Zhang Zhi, Chairman and President: 86-13603254996 (Cell), 86-315-3043378
Zhang Jianhua, Vice President: 86-13313293218 (Cell), 86-315-3043737 (Cell)
Zhu Xiangying, consultant, former deputy party secretary: 86-13931557690 (Cell), 86-315-3040167 (Office), 86-315-3043105 (Home)
Wu Jiang, editor for company's journal: 86-13012012697 (Cell)
9. [Shanghai City] Mr. Lu Zheng Arrested
Mr. Lu Zheng is a practitioner from Pudong New District, Shanghai. On the morning of December 14, 2008, while Mr. Lu was telling people about Falun Gong and the persecution near a subway entrance, the police officers from the Changning District Police Department arrested him and took him to the Changning District Detention Center. His current situation is unknown.
Changning District Detention Center: Qingchi Road, Shanghai, phone number
Changning District Police Department: 201 Weining Road, Shanghai, zip code 200335, phone number 86-21-62346234
10. [Guidong County, Hunan Province] Mr. Guo Minggao Sentenced to Forced Labor
Mr. Guo Minggao, 56, is a resident of Jiaoyuan Village, Datang Township, Guidong County, Hunan Province. He has trouble walking. Before he began practicing Falun Gong, he suffered from headaches, backaches, and a hernia. However, after he started practicing Falun Gong, all of his illnesses disappeared. Since July 20, 1999, his home has been ransacked three times: on April 19, 2006, September 5, 2007, and March 31, 2008; his belongings were confiscated each time. On March 31, 2008, over 10 officers came to Mr. Guo's home, and they arrested him after they ransacked his home. He was secretly sentenced to three years of forced labor, and he is being detained at the Jin City No. 3 Forced Labor Camp in Hunan Province.
11. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Ms. Du Hongfan's Whereabouts Unknown
Ms. Du Hongfang was arrested on July 14, 2008 and detained at the Jilin City Third Detention Center (see: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2008/9/4/100375.html). On December 16, 2008, her family went to the detention center to visit her and bring her winter clothes. The officer could not find her name in the computer and told her family that she had been released. Ms. Du had never come home. On December 18, 2008, her family went to the detention center again to inquire about Ms. Du's whereabouts. The officials at the detention center could not give them an answer. Ms. Du's whereabouts are unknown.
12. [Xinjin City, Sichuan Province] Four Practitioners Arrested and Later Released
At around 4 p.m. on December 16, 2008, officers from the Xinjin County Police Department arrested four practitioners.
The police officers blocked the road along the Nan River in Xinjin County and arrested three of the practitioners after forcibly searching their bags. One practitioner was arrested on the road from Xinjin County to the Denggongchang area. Officer Zhang Fu ordered the practitioners sent to the Wujin Police Station in Xinjin County. All four practitioners have been released.
13. [Funing County, Hebei Province] Funing County Court Plans to Try Practitioner Guo Daoyou on December 23, 2008
14. [Changyi City, Shandong Province] Officers from Changyi City 610 Office and Beimeng Police Station Arrest Practitioners
Between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. on December 16, 2008, officers from the Changyi City 610 Office and the Beimeng Police Station, a total over ten people in four police cars, came to Dananmeng Village and ransacked six practitioners' homes. Ms. Zhou Huifeng's home was severely damaged: everything was overturned, some boxes were broken, and Falun Gong materials were confiscated. The officers arrested Ms. Zhou and her son Mr. Zhong Tongliang. It is unknown where they have been detained.
15. [Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province] Mr. Zhang Junqing and Other Practitioners Sentenced to Forced Labor
In early July 2008, police officers Li Yanlai, Yun Jianling, Su Qingmei and Li Libo from the Xinghualing Police Department in Taiyuan City took Mr. Zhang Junqing and other practitioners to forced labor camps. Their terms range from one year to five years.
16. [Jidong County, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Gui Jizhu Arrested on December 18, 2008
17. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Wang Jin Arrested
On December 18, 2008, the police arrested Ms. Wang Jin while she was distributing Falun Gong truth-clarifying DVDs on the street. Nobody is taking care of her child, who is in middle school, and her two elderly parents at home. One elderly parent needs to be taken care of and the other has trouble walking. The police also ransacked her home in Shenzhen City and confiscated Falun Gong materials, books, and her computer.
Shenzhen City Fuqiang Detective Case Team: 86-755-83398110
18. [Huining County, Gansu Province] Practitioners from Huning County Detained in Prisons in Gansu Province
Shao Yanbo, male, from Sifang Township Huining County, has been sentenced to eight years of imprisonment and is detained at the Lanzhou Prison.
Zhang Yong, male, from Xinzhuang Township, Huining County, has been sentenced to three years of imprisonment and is detained at the Lanzhou Prison.
Li Baosheng, male, from Huining County, has been sentenced to seven years of imprisonment and is detained at the Lanzhou Prison.
Chang Jubin, male, from Huining County, has been sentenced to 11 years of imprisonment and is detained at the Lanzhou Prison.
Li Jinping, female, from Huining County, has been sentenced to three years of imprisonment and is detained at the Lanzhou Women's Prison.
Wang Pengyun, male, from Gangou Township, Huining County, has been sentenced to 20 years of imprisonment and is detained at the Gansun Tianshui Prison.