(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Wang Wenyi (male). When I began practicing Falun Dafa in October 1995, I felt that I was reborn. My bad temper disappeared and many people noticed that I had undergone huge changes. However, after the persecution against Falun Gong began in July 1999, I was detained and tortured many times. From 2003 to 2006, I was detained in Tilanqiao Prison in Shanghai and subjected to brutal brainwashing.

Detained by Jiamusi City Public Security Sub-bureau

I was taken to the Domestic Security Division of Jiamusi City Public Security Sub-bureau, in Heilongjiang Province, at 4:00 a.m. on July 20, 1999. There my personal freedom was severely restricted for an entire day. I was detained until the following evening, under the watch of the Qianjin Sub-bureau of Jiamusi City. Even after I was released, police officers often harassed me.

In September 1999, I was detained by Qianjin Sub-bureau and illegally arrested a month later. During my detention, I was forced to sit in an uncomfortable position for long time, and could only rest during two meals. We were not given enough food, only moldy steamed buns. My family brought food for me but it was held at the bureau. I could only sleep half of the night and had to get the prison head's permission to use the toilet. During my detention, Qianjin Sub-bureau police extorted nearly 10,000 yuan from my family. I was released after two months. During the detention, I was tortured and ate moldy corn flour, which was labeled as chicken feed on the packaging, and yet I was forced to pay boarding expenses. After I returned home, the local police often harassed me, which brought tremendous pain to my family.

Detained by Haidian Detention Center of Beijing in 2000

I went to Beijing to appeal in June 2000 and was detained at Haidian Detention Center of Beijing. Officials kept watch over me as I was deprived of sleep at night and forced to stand for long periods of time. A fellow practitioner who was sent to the center at the same time that I was, was tortured by prisoners until 5:00 a.m. I fainted after standing for a long time, and only then was I allowed to sit for only a brief moment. Later, the officer of Agriculture Beidahuang Trade Co. took me to Qianjin Sub-bureau of Jiamusi City for another detention. My body was covered with scabies due to the damp conditions at the center. I struggled in pain every day and my family was extorted of money (they still refuse to tell me how much). I was released after two months.

Harassed by Fendou Police Station of Jiamusi City from 2000 to 2002

Officers from the Fendou Police Station of Jiamusi City broke into my home and ransacked it at midnight on December 1, 2000. My three-year-old child was too scared to talk, and was traumatized by this violent intrusion. Even now, my child hides upon seeing the police. I was detained at the police station, where officials attempted to force me to give up Dafa, and used the most shameless language. I was not released until 5:00 a.m. In March 2001, police from the Qianjin Sub-bureau again broke into my home and ransacked it. During this period, my home phone, cell phone and pager were monitored.

On the night of March 20, 2002, police of the Domestic Security Division of Qianjin Sub-bureau again came to my home. I was not home at the time, and thus escaped arrest. However, the police threatened to arrest me for sure, and said that I would be denied bail. I had no other choice but to leave my home to avoid further persecution.

Taken to Huangpu Detention Center in Shanghai in 2002

On April 20, 2002, I was arrested by officers from the Huangpu Sub-bureau in Shanghai, and sent to Huangpu Detention Center on the 21st.

Several police officers violently beat me at Huangpu Sub-bureau. I was taken out of the detention center one night and sent to a small, enclosed room, where eight policemen threatened to inject me with medicine and send me to a psychiatric hospital. I didn't cooperate, so four of the officers left the room while another four remained to brutally beat me and threaten me. I became unconscious due to the torture and was taken back to the detention center early the next morning.

Staff at the detention center dared not accept me after seeing my injuries. The police instructed them to take me into a room. I couldn't walk by myself and had to lean on their arms for support. I protested with a hunger strike, and was then tied to a chair, where guards forced a feeding tube down into my lungs. They continued to insert the tube and didn't stop until I lost consciousness. After I was untied, my hands and feet were black and purple and couldn't move for a long time, even several days after I was dragged into the cell.

Arrested and Subjected to Brainwashing by Tilanqiao Prison in Shanghai from 2003 to 2006

One month later, the Chinese Communist Party put me on trial, and sentenced me to a four-year and six-month term. I didn't comply and appealed. During the second trial, I exposed the government's lies to the court, but the court officials didn't listen and agreed to uphold the original sentence before leaving the courtroom.

On April 20, 2003, I was put into a youth squad, in the No. 5 District of Shanghai Tilanqiao Prison. I was detained in a small, 3.3 square meter cell, and supervised by three criminals every day. I ate, washed myself and used the toilet in the cell. I had no freedom and was forced to stand facing the wall. I performed slave labor for long hours and was sometimes forced to meet a quota of packing dozens of cartons of soap, and was not allowed to rest until I finished. I was further punished at times in the summer, when I was denied a shower for an entire month.

I refused to acknowledge the charges against me and tried to appeal. As a result, I was transferred to Fifth Squad of No. 5 District. It was only when I arrived there that I realized that this was where all of the death penalty prisoners were sent. In such a horrible environment, the police tried to brainwash me, and they threatened me every day. On one occasion a chief officer, surnamed Ou, slandered Dafa in front of me, and said that the staff would brainwash me if I didn't acknowledge the charges. I was subsequently deprived of sleep and detained in a storeroom, which was the dirtiest room and closest to the toilet in the prison district. I was told to spend my time reflecting on my actions, while a murderer was sent over to watch me. When I fell asleep in the evening, this prisoner woke me up, only allowing me to sleep for brief periods so that I might lose my mental capacities. Afterwards, I learned that the police had ordered him to "transform" me. Regardless of what methods he used, if he succeeded, he would get 12 points each month and a reduction in his prison term.

I didn't compromise my belief in Dafa, so they isolated me in the Third Squad of the No. 3 Prison District, where I was also subjected to torture, which included long hours of slave labor and deprivation of sleep. They forcibly took blood tests every year. The police once took me to the prison hospital where they claimed I would be receiving a physical exam, but I received no medical attention. I had been very healthy without suffering from any disease, so I didn't understand why they wanted me to be hospitalized. I observed them talking with each other. When they finished, they said I didn't need to stay in the hospital so they took me back. After I was released, I realized they might have been planning to take my organs.

Hundreds of Dafa practitioners are being detained in Shanghai Tilanqiao Prison and many of them are suffering under extremely difficult circumstances. When I left the No. 5 Prison District, many practitioners' bodies were damaged from torture and several practitioners had been on hunger strikes for four years. Practitioners who refused to cooperate with the evil were permanently detained in small cells. Police often colluded with prisoners to torture them with various virulent means.

I was persecuted for four years and six months and released on November 22, 2006.

The Suffering My Family Endured

During my detention, my wife took care of our child by herself with great difficulty. In addition, she worried about my life and my physical condition, and withstood tremendous physical and emotional pressure. When I came back, I noticed that my parents had aged significantly, and were now weak and ill. I lost my job after I was imprisoned and my life has since been full of hardship as a result of the persecution.