(Clearwisdom.net) Before I began to practice Falun Gong in 1997, I had developed many kinds of diseases. The most severe among them were coronary disease and atrophy of the cerebellum, which made me dizzy every day. I dared not open my eyes sometimes. After I began to practice Falun Gong, my health was gradually restored.

About six months after I started to practice Falun Gong, while I was lying in bed one night, I felt a hand grabbing my heart. I realized that Teacher had taken out what was causing the problems in my heart. After that, my coronary disease disappeared.

When I got up one morning in 2003, I found something like a small red nail pinning my muscle to the bone on the right calf, and it looked like a small pit had formed on my leg. Soon I started to run a fever. I was bedridden for a week and did not study the Fa or practice the exercises. A fellow practitioner came to visit me. She told me, "Put aside the thermometer and try to study the Fa and practice the exercises each day." I followed her advice. I sat in meditation from 20 to 40 minutes. But when I stood up to practice the exercises, I could not persist for more than 2 minutes before lying back down. After about 10 minutes, I got up and began to practice again. After one week, I was able to practice the five exercises and sit in meditation for one hour. I did not know how I could have persisted for such a long time. After that I did not have a fever when I was studying the Fa and practicing the exercises, but I still had a fever otherwise. At that time, my leg was swelling up badly. My right calf was turning black and oozing black pus that smelled bad.

My family members looked up the traditional Chinese medicine books and determined it was erysipelas. The books said that this condition was fatal within about three weeks, and the only way to save one's life is to have an immediate amputation. After hearing this, I was not affected in my heart. I knew that I was a Falun Dafa practitioner and I believed in Dafa and Teacher. I had nothing to fear.

"When your body is looked at in another dimension even each of your bones is black. So purifying a body like that all at once, there just have to be reactions. That's why you'll have reactions" (Zhuan Falun).

I said to myself, "If that is purification of my body by Teacher, I will endure it. If that is persecution imposed by the evil, I will eliminate it with righteous thoughts." The fever lasted for 40 days. During that period, some fellow practitioners asked me if I could distribute Falun Gong materials, and I said yes. At that time, my leg and foot were swollen, but when I was getting dressed to go outside to distribute the materials, I could put on my shoes quite easily. I walked for two hours with ease. When I did other things, though, I couldn't move around.

About two years later, my leg was still badly swollen, but that did not affect my Fa study, exercise practice or passing out materials about Falun Gong. Then without my noticing, the swelling disappeared. The black pus stopped oozing, and my calf became normal again.