(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Zhao Yongcai, and I am a teacher in Shangying Town, Shulan City, Jilin Province. Before the persecution began on July 20, 1999, I practiced Falun Gong at the practice site at Shangying Train Station. Around June 1999, police officer Yu Wenzhi from the Shangying Police Station came to the practice site and collected practitioners' names, addresses, and work information. On July 20, my company forced me to turn in my book and asked me to write a "pledge letter" to renounce Falun Gong. I refused, and I was taken to the police station that night. The town mayor Chen Yuman and Shangying Town Central School principal Guo Qingfeng then began verbally abusing me there. After that night, I was continually harassed, detained, sent to forced labor, and fined by the local authorities.

1. Persecuted by Shangying Town Central School

On October 1, 1999, the Shangying Town Central School detained me and another practitioner, Yao Yuguo, at the school for two days. They sent Qian Junsheng and Wei Xuliang to watch us. Some time in November 1999, they detained us again for two days while the central government was having a conference in Beijing. On politically-sensitive dates they asked the former principal of Zhengyang Elementary School to come and watch Yao and me and turn in reports.

2. Beaten Severely by Police in Prison and Forced Labor Camp

I went to Beijing to validate Dafa in 2000, and I was savagely beaten by plainclothes police and sent to the Huairou District Prison in Beijing, where I was beaten again by guards and inmates. When I went to Beijing, the Shangying Town Central School sent Chu Qingsheng and Wei Xuliang to Beijing to look for me, and they deducted their trip expenses, over a thousand yuan, from my wages. They took me to the Shulan City Police Department and charged me with "disturbing social order." They put me in the Nanshan Prison, where I was beaten by inmates. Around April 2000, I was transferred to the Huanxiling Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province. The guards there used six electric batons simultaneously to shock me, and beat me for three hours, trying to force me to give up Falun Gong.

3. Shangying Town Central Principal Fines Me

In mid-November 2001, I was released from the forced labor camp. The Shangying Town Central School had Chu Qingsheng and Ren Desheng, an accountant, come get me. They arrived on November 13, although the release notice said I was to be released on November 11, so I was jailed for two extra days. When I got back to the school, they deducted a year of my salary, and the education bureau deducted two thousand yuan from me. They didn't show me any receipts except for a note by Wen Changji. They also charged me an extra 500 yuan to cover the principal's debt to them. I was then transferred from the Shangying Town Central School to the Jiefang Elementary School.

The Shangying Police Station also searched my home without a warrant three times between 2001 and 2006.

4. Persecuted by Nanshan Prison and Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai City

On May 11, 2006, the Shulan National Security Division came to my house and conducted a search. They didn't find anything they were looking for, but they still took me to the police station. The next day, they took me to the third floor of the Shulan Police Department, where the National Security Division is located. That evening, Li Zhuo and three other policemen poured mustard oil into my nostrils, attempting to force me to "confess," and detained me in Nanshan Prison. They charged me with "obstructing justice" 37 days later. I was sent to the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai City in December 2006 and detained there for one and a half years. The Intensive Ward's warden Li Yunpo ordered Xu Dian's group to beat me several times. A few other wardens and guards also participated in persecuting me. In late April 2007, I was forced to pick through melon seeds to make money for the labor camp.

5. Continued Persecution by Shangying Town Central School

On November 11, 2007, I was released from the labor camp. The Shangying Town Central School principal Xu Yanhai asked me to write a "guarantee statement," otherwise they would not assign a job for me. After a seven-day deadlock, I was sent to a remote school, Taikang Elementary School. Town Central school deducted one and a half years of salary from me, citing them as penalties for missing classes, fines by the education bureau, expenses for the 610 Office, and expenses for looking for me, including 5000 yuan for expenses from preventing me from engaging in activities. I did not get to keep any of the receipts. When the news of my arrest was exposed on the Internet, the Shulan Police Department arrested my wife and forced her to disclose the name of the person who had uploaded the news. They also confiscated my work permit.

I lived close to the school after I was released from the forced labor camp. The Town Central School principal Xu Yanhai ordered the village elementary principal Liu Xirong to watch me and report to him. During the winter vacation of 2007, I planned to go and find some extra work. Wen Chanji from the education bureau and Wang Ganshi from the 610 Office came to the school and threatened me, telling me not to do so.

When I was living in Taikong Village, police from the local station came to my home three times. The first time the station head said that he was just taking a look. The second time, they threatened me and forced me to write a guarantee statement. On August 1, 2008, they came again, arrested me, and took me to a brainwashing center.