(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Lei Bifu, a practitioner in Linjiang Township, Kai County, Chongqing City, was arrested on December 12, 2008, after being persecuted for the past seven years.

Mr. Lei Bifu was a businessman. He was injured during a business dispute, which left him disabled. After he began practicing Falun Dafa in November 1998, he recovered. Not long after the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong practitioners in 1999, Mr. Lei and his family began to be harassed by local police.

In June 2001, Kai County police officers went to Mr. Lei Bifu's home to arrest him for practicing Falun Dafa. Fortunately, Mr. Lei was out. Even without a search warrant, the police forced their way in and searched Mr. Lei's home, seizing his television, DVD player, recorder, Falun Dafa books, and other personal property. After that incident, Mr. Lei had to flee his home to avoid being illegally arrested, but local police continued harassing his family members at home.

One day in October 2003, before dawn, Chen Zhangshong, director of the Linjiang Township Police Station, led a dozen officers to surround Mr. Lei's house. Before the family could even answer the door, the officers pried it open with a crow bar. They threatened that if the family didn't hand over Mr. Lei, they would rip off the door, and then search the house at any time.

In December 2004, the police detained Mr. Lei's wife in the police station for 15 days.

In October 2008, Mr. Lei returned home after he had been forced to flee home seven years prior. Only two months later, at around 9:00 a.m. on December 12, 2008, Liu Xuefeng, deputy director of the Linjiang Town Police Station, led five officers to arrest Mr. Lei at the farmers' market. Once they found Mr. Lei, they shot him with a tranquilizer gun, forced him down to the ground, and beat him with electric batons. They arrested both Mr. Lei and his wife, and beat them all the way to the police station. The couple sustained severe injures. At the same time, eight officers searched Mr. Lei's house. Mr. Lei's wife was released on the second day. Mr. Lei has been detained at the Kai County Detention Center since the arrest.

January 1, 2009