(Clearwidsom.net) Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City is one of the principal camps where the Chinese Communist Party persecutes Falun Gong practitioners. For a long time practitioners have been subjected to inhumane tortures in this camp. Particularly when the new warden, Zheng Yunfeng, arrived, he used "restructuring" as an excuse to apply pressure to all the guards to make them intensify the persecution of Dafa practitioners.

When the new warden arrived, the forced labor hours were extended, and inmates must now work from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Those that refuse to work or are unable to finish their quotas are labeled "not-reformed" and their jail terms are extended. Practitioners are prohibited from talking arbitrarily or moving about, and they are only allowed to use the restroom at designated times. Missing a time means they cannot use the restroom and have to to urinate into a bottle. The camp lets other inmates manage the practitioners, who are constantly reprimanded.

The food is very poor and the camp is involved in dishonest, deceptive practices. The menu states that there are two dishes for each meal, when in reality there is only soup. Inmates are instructed to lie when people come to do an inspection, saying that the food is great and that they get to take a shower once a week.

Ten practitioners are currently being persecuted in the camp. They are: Sun Kaiqing, Li Lizhuang, Zhang Yu, and Hao Mingwei of Harbin City; Liu Fang of Wuchang City; Jiang Zhi of Bayan County; Yu Lianhe of Fangzheng County; Wang Lihui in Shuangcheng City; Guo Hiacheng of Bin County; and Chang Guofu from Zhaoyuan County.

On the morning of December 18, 2008, guard Sun Minggang pinched practitioner Yu Lianhe's ear and kicked his thigh while he was doing the exercises. To generate hatred against Dafa and practitioners, the guards got all the inmates who monitored practitioners to sit with the practitioner who did the exercises and woke up all the other inmates. The practitioners went on a group hunger strike to protest, which caused the guards to intensify their persecution. On the morning of December 20, 2008, Division IV captain Hao Wei ordered practitioners into the field to shovel snow. The practitioners didn't have warm enough clothes and refused to cooperate. Hao ordered the guards and the inmates to tie Mr. Yu Lianhe and Mr. Liu Fa to benches and tape their mouths shut, then forced the rest of the practitioners to go to the field. After he finished shoveling snow, Mr. Yu and the guard got into a dispute. The guard pulled him aside and got another guard, Xu Yanpo, to beat and verbally abuse him. Mr. Yu's face was swollen. Afterwards, Mr. Yu and Mr. Sun were dragged to Division I to be put in solitary confinement. Mr. Li Lizhuang went to talk with the guards and was also put in solitary confinement.

Shuangcheng City practitioner Mr. Dong Liantai was also tortured. He was made to sit on a steel chair and be force-fed. The food ended up in his lungs. The guards had to immediately release him on medical leave lest he die in the camp. Only eight days after his release, Mr. Dong died in extreme pain from damage to his abdomen and a high fever.

In October 2008, the forced labor camp officials destroyed all records of the persecution of practitioners to remove evidence of the atrocities committed in the camp.

Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp personnel:
Warden Zheng Yunfeng
Division I captain Yang Jintang
Division IV captain Hao Wei
Guard Sun Minggang