(Clearwisdom.net) On the morning of December 22, 2008, the wife of Mr. Jin Jilin, a resident of Jinjiaya Village, Yuzhong County, Lanzhou City in Gansu Province, passed away after struggling alone for years, trying to raise their family. The children were severely traumatized by their mother's death, and with the grandmother lying sick in bed, the children have no one to turn to. Those who know the family's situation are moved to tears.

In September 2000, police officers from Yuzhong County ransacked Mr. Jin's home and arrested him. He was later sentenced to one year of forced labor. In May 2002, he was arrested and detained by police officials from Lanzhou City and sentenced to ten years in prison. He was often transferred from one prison to another and tortured wherever he went. Even his father was forced to leave home to avoid being arrested.

While Mr. Jin was imprisoned, his wife had to struggle to pay for their two children's schooling. Since she worked so hard for so many years, she became so exhausted that she got ill. In late November 2008, Mr. Jin's wife fainted after experiencing chest pains.

When she went to the local hospital for a physical examination, she was diagnosed with "advanced gastric cancer with lymph node metastasis." Because she couldn't afford proper medical treatment, she opted for a less expensive treatment.

When Mr. Jin's wife became seriously ill, the family asked the prison authorities to release Mr. Jin. On December 2, 2008, guards from the Lanzhou City Prison went to Mr. Jin's home to do a "home visit." While they were there, they took footage of his home and his family. They brought the video back to the prison and showed it to Mr. Jin, saying, "As long as you write a guarantee statement, we will release you immediately." The guards blatantly attempted to use the family tragedy to pressure Mr. Jin into giving up practicing Falun Gong.

After Mr. Jin's wife died, their son, along with several village residents, went to the Lanzhou City Prison and begged the guards to release Mr. Jin so he could make funeral arrangements for his wife.

Zhang Haijun, instructor of the District No. 9 Section of Lanzhou Prison, said that since Mr. Jin didn't stop practicing Falun Gong, he was in the wrong. Zhang also denied the son's request to see his father, claiming that Mr. Jin had to be watched very closely in order to prevent an "accident."

In early November 2003, Mr. Jin was tortured in the West Orchards Detention Center and then taken to Dashaping Prison in a police car. As Mr. Jin was getting out of the car, he shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!"

The guards dragged Mr. Jin into the prison, then handcuffed and shackled him in a cell full of practitioners for seven days. Other practitioners were also handcuffed and shackled, and a metal cable connected each person to the next. They guards did not let them use chopsticks to eat and forced them to sleep on a cold concrete floor without any blankets.

When the guards saw that Mr. Jin would not give up his faith in Dafa--even after being severely tortured--they transferred him to Dingxi Prison in early March 2004. While he was there, Mr. Jin again shouted "Falun Dafa is good!" and clarified the truth. When the guards heard him shouting, they immediately shocked and beat him with electric batons. After torturing him like this for quite some time, Mr. Jin was covered in blood and bruises. He was later confined for 50 days to a small cell, where he was closely monitored.

In December 2005, Mr. Jin was transferred to the Lanzhou City Prison. From September 2007 to November 2008, the guards allowed no visits from Mr. Jin's family.

Yang Wancheng, warden of Lanzhou City Prison
Zhang Quanming, chief administrative supervisor
Li Zongming, chief of the Education Section
Wang Changlin, deputy chief (responsible for torturing practitioners)
Zhang Donghong (female)
Zhang Haijun, captain supervisor of the District No. 9 Section of Lanzhou Prison (police ID#: 6203583): 86-13609344958 (Cell)
Lanzhou Prison Discipline Inspection Section: 86-931-8323059
Lanzhou Prison office: 86-931-8362876

December 25, 2008