(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Wang Youjiang, 38 years old, from Lanzhou City, Gansu Province, was sentenced in 2001 for practicing Falun Gong and has been incarcerated in Dashaping Prison, Lanzhou City, ever since.

Mr. Wang was a military regional communications unit major in Lanzhou City. He began Falun Gong practice in 1998. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal and was detained several times. In late December 2000, he went to appeal again but was arrested on the way to Beijing in the Zhongwei Train Station waiting room in Ningxia Province. Officials transferred him to the Taoshuping Detention Center in Lanzhou City and held him for a week.

Someone reported him to the authorities on March 6, 2001, and he was again arrested. The Falun Gong truth clarification material production site he had maintained was destroyed. The police ransacked his quarters and destroyed property amounting to more than 100,000 yuan. That was the total settlement he had received from the military and had been transferred to his civilian occupation.

While incarcerated in Xiguoyuan Detention Center, the guards beat him ruthlessly. He was compelled to work as a slave laborer for a long time and deprived of sleep. By the time he was transferred to Shiergou Detention Center he was unable to stand.

On July 3, 2001, Yuzhong Court officials sentenced Mr. Wang Youjiang to ten years in a covert trial. Mr. Wang was physically extremely weak from torture and hunger strikes. He recovered somewhat in Dashaping Prison Hospital, but when he got a little bit better he was sent back to the prison.

Mr. Wang Youjiang has been incarcerated for eight years. He is languishing in the Dashaping Prison's No. 5 Section in Lanzhou City. In August 2008, citing the Olympics as a pretext, prison officials once again grossly abused Falun Gong practitioners in prison. Mr. Wang was twice locked in a small cell, once for 15 days. In addition, he was forbidden to see his family for six months.

Mr. Wang's brother has kidney failure and his parents are elderly, but when they traveled a long distance from Yongdeng to Lanzhou to visit their son, officials refused to let them see him.