(Clearwisdom.net) Officials in the 7th Group of the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City torture and brainwash Falun Gong practitioners. Tian Xin (head of the 7th group), Meng Shuping (head of the 1st Squadron), Hao Xingxiang (supervisor), Wang Jin (head of the 2nd Squadron), Hu Yuejin (deputy squadron head) violently "transform" and persecute Falun Gong practitioners to this day.

Previously, the 1st Squadron was only in charge of training and consolidation for newcomers in this forced-labor camp, and it did not participate in violently persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. Now, the camp has ordered the 1st Squadron to forcefully "transform" Falun Gong practitioners. Meng Shuping, the squadron leader, and Tian Xin, the group lead, have collaborated in persecuting practitioners. Falun Gong practitioners in the 1st Squadron were ordered to each carry sandbags that weighs about 25 kilograms. They were forced to carry the sandbags day and night and were not given any relief until they renounced their belief in Falun Gong.

The following are some of the recent persecution cases in the 7th group of Xishanping Forced-labor Camp:

Zhou Qingyu, 67, was a Falun Gong practitioner from Yudong, Chongqing City. Zhou Qingyu was sent to the Xishanping Forced-labor Camp in the beginning of 2007. Soon after, Meng Shuping and Hao Xingxiang instigated drug addicts to beat him. Zhou's neck became contorted from the beatings. After six months, on December, 2007, Zhou Qingyu died at the hands of camp warden Lei Kejin.

Wang Zhihai is a Falun Gong practitioner from Yuzhong District, Chongqing City. On March 18, 2008, warden Lei Kejin from the 2nd Squadron instigated drug addicts Dai Huafu, Wang Peng, Chen Lang, Liu Yingzhong, and He Liangyun to pummel Wang Zhihai. Mr. Wang sustained multiple concussions, and now suffers vertigo, nausea, and vomiting, and cannot handle daily activities.

Tang Yi, is a Falun Gong practitioner and a civil engineer in the Fifth Division, 11th Bureau, in China Railway. On May 2, 2008, Tang Yi was forcibly arrested by a train guard on a train. That was the third time that he was illegally arrested by the authorities. After detaining Tang for 28 days, the Hangzhou City Railway Police prepared to release him, but Police from Chongqing City took Mr. Tang back to Chongqing City and sentenced him to two years in the Xishanping Forced-labor Camp. Tang Yi has been on a hunger strike since May 4, 2008, when he was detained in Hangzhou City. He has been on a hunger strike for over three months, and he is near death. Wardens in the 2nd Squadron still force Tang to stand in line, attend brainwashing sessions, and suffer other forms of persecution. Every time Tang says "Falun Dafa is Good," the wardens order criminal inmates to drag Tang into a bathroom and torture him. No one knows exactly what types of torture Tang suffers there.

On June 26, six policemen, including Su Yijian from Chongqing City Public Security Bureau and others from Jiulongpo District Police Station and Huangjiaoping Police Station, visited the 2nd Squadron. They tried to make Zhang Yinming give up Falun Gong by portraying his steadfastness in his belief as an obstacle for his family. They reminded Zhang that his continued belief in Falun Gong would hinder his son's participation in the college entrance exam, increase the burden on his family, and make it harder for his wife to pay their home mortgage. The police tried to coerce Zhang to cooperate by renouncing Falun Gong. If Zhang would do so, they promised to immediately release him and give him his job back. If he didn't cooperated, they threatened to arrest Zhang's wife and put her in a forced-labor camp. Despite the pressure, Zhang Yinming remained firm in his faith in Falun Gong and refused to compromise with the persecutors.