(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Tang Liwen, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Tonglia City in Inner Mongolia who has been detained for eight months at Hexi Detention Center, was brought to trial by the Inner Mongolia Tonglia Court. Those familiar with her situation have said that during her detention she was taken to a hospital against her will, where she was force-fed and injected with unknown drugs.

Ms. Tang Liwen, 68, started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. Before that time she had rheumatism, stomach problems and breast cancer. After she started practicing Falun Gong, the cancer and other diseases all disappeared, despite the fact that a doctor from Tianjin Tumor Hospital had diagnosed her cancer to be in the final stage. That doctor keeps in touch with her to see how she is doing. In one letter to her, the doctor wrote that Ms. Tang was the only person he knew to survive that stage of cancer. Members of her family were also relieved and they all went on to become practitioners.

Ms. Tang and other practitioners went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong shortly after the persecution began in 1999. That same year she was illegally sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp. When she was released in 2001, she was arrested and her home was ransacked five times by local police. Many of her personal belongings were confiscated. Ms. Tang was subject to all kinds of cruel torture while in the prison. She was once tied to a death bed for nine days and nights. After shouting, "Falun Dafa is great," she was beaten until her teeth were broken and her hair was pulled out. After she had been on a hunger and water strike for nine days, the authorities were afraid of having to take responsibility for her condition so they ordered her family to take her home.

Someone reported Ms. Tang to the authorities for handing out Falun Gong materials in January 2008. A total of twenty people, including officers from Keermi Police Bureau, went to arrest her. They confiscated valuables from her home including a computer, printer, CD writer, bank deposits and cash. They didn't even leave her with basic household necessities. Ms. Tang is being held at Tongliao City Hexi Detention Center. She has been detained for more than eight months and her family is not allowed to visit her.

Ke District Court representatives informed her family that she would be brought to trial on the afternoon of August 21. On that day her family waited outside the court for the trial to open, however representatives of the court did not allow her family to enter the courtroom. Late in the day, court officials told the family that the trial had been moved to Hexi Detention Center because of Ms. Tang's poor health. They threatened that if her family were to stir up trouble, it would be in vain.

At the opening of the trial at the detention center, Ms. Tang was reported to have shouted loudly, "Falun Dafa is great! Teacher is great!" Police officers said to her family, "This elderly lady is very stubborn. She is near death and is still shouting, 'Falun Dafa is great!'"

Ms. Tang has been detained for more than eight months. Her family members have traveled to and from many government departments asking for her release. Her husband, 78 years old, is under surveillance by police because of the intensified persecution surrounding the Olympics. Local police and party officials took turns going to his home to harass him, which has made it very difficult for him to live a normal life.

People responsible for persecuting Ms. Tang:
Guo Zhijun, State Security Bureau: 86-13848538685
Qi Yongquan: 86-13847518888 (Cell)