(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Qian Shiguang, 65, a graduate from Qinghuan University, was a retired senior engineer employed by the Northwest Geology Research Institute. He lived on Yanerwan Street, Chengguan District, Lanzhou City, Gansu Province. He died on September 8, 2008. The details have yet to be investigated.

Mr. Qian Shiguang

After July 20, 1999, when the persecution began, Mr. Qian was detained in the Yaoshu Drug Rehabilitation Center. He held a hunger strike for more than a dozen days, and when he was dying the guards left him by the door of his house. It took all of his strength to knock on his door. His family found him as thin as a skeleton, and he couldn't eat or drink. They thought he might die. By studying the Fa and doing the Falun Dafa exercises, he recovered in several days.

In May 2000, Mr. Qian was sentenced to one year of forced labor and imprisoned in the Pingantai Forced Labor Camp, also called the Gansu Province First Labor Camp. He held a hunger strike to protest his imprisonment, and lost 40-50 pounds (he weighed only 80 pounds). The camp administration took him to the Dashping Forced Labor Camp Hospital and kept him there for a month. The doctors' diagnosis report stated that he was suffering from multiple-organ failure. The camp administration no longer wanted to pay his medical expenses, so they instructed his family to bail him out on medical parole. His family picked him up in December 2001. Upon returning home, he diligently studied the teachings written by Falun Gong's founder and practiced the Falun Gong fifth exercise as soon as he could move. He recovered again after one month.

On June 2, 2002, Mr. Qian was arrested in Beijing when he went to appeal, and he was sentenced to two years of forced labor and imprisoned in the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp in Beijing. The inmates there tortured him inhumanly and beat him until his lower back was fractured. When he could no longer move due to the torture, the camp administration called his family to bail him out on medical parole, and he returned home on November 8, 2003. He was bedridden, and he couldn't move, but he kept reciting Master's teachings and doing the fifth exercise as soon as he could sit up. He partially recovered, but he was unable to straighten his spine.

In May 2005, when he still could not stand straight to walk, the police arrested him outside his door and ransacked his home. At around 7:00 p.m., the police tortured him by putting him on the tiger bench and tried to force him to reveal the names of other practitioners who had contacted him. The officers brutally beat him and kept torturing him on the tiger bench. They took him to the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center at 9:00 p.m. His family was looking all over for him, but the guards didn't notify them of his whereabouts until July or August.

On October 1, 2005, his family sent clothes and food to him, but they never reached Mr .Qian. From September 2005 to January 2006 he was locked in solitary confinement without heating, and they didn't give him the winter clothes and shoes that his family sent. He was tortured by being cuffed behind his back, which caused him to suffer from the prolapse of his rectum and incontinence. His arms were also injured. He could no longer grip anything for a long time.

In 2006, he was sentenced to two years of forced labor, which he served inside the brainwashing center. The Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center did not allow his family to visit from October 2006 until May 5, 2007. His family found that he had difficulty walking. In September 2007, he was cruelly beaten twice, resulting in wounds all over his disabled body. He was released in November 2007, when his term ended. His employer has not paid any of his retirement salary since July 20, 1999, but paid three thousand yuan to the Brainwashing Center each month.