(Clearwisdom.net) For the last nine years, Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officers have repeatedly arrested Mr. Liu Changde and his family for persevering in their faith in Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance. This family has experienced unceasing persecution including ransackings, beatings, interrogations, and confiscations of property.

Mr. Liu Changde and his family live in Shanglang Village, Shuanghou Town, Jinan County, Shandong Province. The couple have a son and a daughter. They used to live a happy and peaceful life. Mr. Liu was a driver and earned a good living. In 1997, Mr. Liu's wife started practicing Falun Gong after hearing about it from a relative. Her illnesses were subsequently healed without medicine. When Mr. Liu noticed the changes in his wife, he was surprised, and then he too began reading Falun Dafa books wholeheartedly. He was drawn into the books by the profound spiritual guidance he discovered. As he read, he unintentionally abandoned some of his bad habits. He realized that this was what he had been searching for his whole life. He then committed to himself that he would cultivate to the end. From that point forward, the whole family was full of harmony and happiness.

Later, simply because they appealed for justice, CCP members began persecuting Mr. Liu. Suddenly, the harmonious family was broken by the persecution launched by the Jiang regime.

On July 22, 1999, again simply for going to Beijing and appealing for justice, Mr. Liu was subjected to brainwashing. CCP members Yu Hongping and Gao Hongping, in Shuanghou Town, forced him to write a guarantee statement as a prerequisite to releasing him from the brainwashing camp. In the mean time, Mr. Liu's property, including television, video player, and Falun Gong books, was confiscated.

Again in May 2000, Yu Hongping and Gao Hongping in Shuanhou Town forced Mr. Liu to undergo brainwashing and extorted money from him. After that, Mr. Liu was constantly under surveillance by the Shuanhou Town police. The officers even went to Mr. Liu's home to harass and threaten him every holiday and on "sensitive days."

In late 2000, officers from the Mengyin County 610 Office and Duozhuang Police Station received a report that Mr. Liu was practicing Falun Gong, so they arrested him. The officers searched his home without a warrant. He was released several days later after he had been extorted of 3,000 yuan.

In January 2001, the whole family went to Beijing to appeal. They were all arrested and detained at a detention center. After being extorted of 8,000 yuan by the police, Mr. Liu's wife and two children were released. Mr. Liu was beaten and detained past the maximum term permitted by law.

Not long after his return, in 2001, Mr. Liu Changde's wife was arrested for distributing truth clarification fliers in Fei County and was later sentenced to three years of forced labor. Mr. Liu was left to raise his children alone, tend the farm, and care for elderly parents.

Mr. Liu's wife's arrest caused serious psychological trauma for Mr. Liu's son. He missed her greatly and constantly worried about her. His son finally had a mental collapse due to the harsh conditions that the family was living in, the threats from CCP members, plus the deep concern that he felt for his mother. The family was penniless after having so much money extorted from them. Mr. Liu had no money to take his son to see a doctor. Mr. Liu was heart broken. He ran to a practitioner's home and wept bitterly. With the help of practitioners, he calmed down, borrowed money and was able to take his son to get the medical attention that he needed. He then resumed his truth clarification efforts.

In 2004, Mr. Liu's wife was released. Mr. Liu worked out of town and his wife worked hard at home. The suffering family began showing signs of recovery, but before long their fortune ended. The police targeted the family and began sporadically harassing them.

In late May 2008, two months before the Olympics, the Yinan County 610 Office assembled the county Domestic Security Section, the police Criminal Section, and the Shuanhou Town Police Station. The officers searched Mr. Liu's home and arrested Mr. Liu. They confiscated a computer, a DVD writer, 1,450 yuan, and filled a van with other personal property. Mr. Liu Changde was sentenced to three years of forced labor and was imprisoned at the Shandong Province No. 2 Forced Labor Camp.

He Zuohai (male), secretary of Shuanghou Town CCP: 86-13615398566 (Cell), 86-13563971218 (Cell)
Xu Congshan (male), mayor of Shuanghou Town: 86-13854980689 (Cell)
Zhang Changguo (male), director of Shuanghou Town Police Station: 86-13581071666 (Cell), 86-539-3711006