Cases of Persecution against Falun Gong Practitioners in Changli County, Hebei Province
1. On August 2, 2008, the local police looted Mr. Wang Zhankui's PC, DVD, high definition multimedia equipment, Falun Gong books, MP3 and MP4 devices, and other personal belongings. Mr. Wang Zhankui is currently incarcerated in Changli Detention Center.
2. On August 3, 2008, government officials from Matuodian Township, along with local police, surrounded Ms. Zhang Xiuyun's home. They broke in and took Ms. Zhang and her husband into custody, claiming that someone told the police that he had received a Falun Gong DVD from her. Once in the police car, a government official told her, "If we really had any evidence that you distributed Falun Gong's DVDs, we would have sent you to the detention center by now." That was when Ms. Zhang Xiuyun and her husband knew they had been deceived. That night Li Xiaocheng returned home, but Zhang Xiuyun was imprisoned at the 610 Office in Changli County. On August 17, local officers bailed her out. Ms. Zhang Xiuyun is now safe at home.
3. During the Beijing Olympic Games, police from Matuodian Police Station and Houmatuo Team harassed local Falun Gong practitioners. They claimed that foreign reporters wanted to interview Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Zhou Zhencai to learn more about Falun Gong. After they spread the rumor, they started harassing Zhou Zhencai by sending spies to keep a close watch on him at all hours of the night.
4. During the Beijing Olympic Games, the police from Xinji Police Station in Changli repeatedly harassed Mr. Zhang Hemin under the pretense of checking his identification. Mr. Zhang Hemin has now been forced into hiding.
5. On August 7, 2008, the police from Zhangliuzhuang, Matuodian arrested Mr. and Ms. Liu Yongfu. Ms. Liu has been released.
6. On August 8, 2008, the police from Xiangwugezhuang, Matuodian arrested Mr. and Ms. Jin Dechun, and sent them to Changli County Detention Center. Their daughter was about to deliver a baby and needs Ms. Jin to care for her after child birth.
People involved in the above cases of persecution in Changli County, Hebei Province:
Chen Yongjun, chairman of the local 610 Office, Hebei Province (Chen took the post in July 2006)
Li Zengqiang, Feng Haidong, Zhang Zhihong, Hu Xiaona, members of the 610 Office: 86-13833506113 (Cell)
Wang dong, deputy chief of Changli County Appeals Office and principal of the brainwashing center: 86-335-2022620 (Office), 86-335-2023952 (Home), 86-13933532959 (Cell)
Gao Jieli, captain of the State Security Team: 86-335-2580159
Zhao Dajun, deputy captain of the State Security Team: 86-13703372263 (Cell)
Feng Degang, assistant captain of the State Security Team
Liu Yuejun, captain of the Criminal Police Team