Additional Persecution News from China - August 18, 2008 (26 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's report includes incidents of persecution that took place in 21 cities or counties in 12 provinces. In this report, 24 Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to brutal mistreatment during detention, and at least 33 practitioners were arrested.
1. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Unlawful Trial of Ms. Yuan Qing, Ms. Gao Yanxia, Ms. Gao Fengling and Mr. Du Deping
Longfeng District Court officials in Daqing City tried Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Yuan Qing, Ms. Gao Yanxia, Ms. Gao Fengling and Mr. Du Deping at 9:30 a.m. on July 23, 2008. The judge announced adjournment after two hours. The verdict was issued on July 29, 2008: Gao Yanxia was illegally sentenced to five years in prison, Yuan Qing to three-and-a-half years in prison, Gao Fengling to three years, and Du Deping to two years.
Gao Yanxia and Gao Fengling have submitted appeals to overturn the sentence.
2. [Suibin County, Heilongjiang Province] Additional Information on the Arrest of Ms. Zhang Yuzhi
Police arrested Ms. Zhang Yuzhi, an employee at the No. 290 Farm in Suibin County on April 2, 2008. Her whereabouts are unknown. It is said she was taken to the Heilongjiang Province Women's Prison one week ago.
Bao, Heilongjiang Women's Prison deputy head in charge of persecuting Falun Gong: 86-13303600660 (Cell)
3. [Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Lu Shibo and Ms. Zhou Arrested
The police arrested Mr. Lu Shibo from Fulaerji District, Qiqihar City. They ransacked Ms. Zhou's home one block from Mr. Lu's on the afternoon of August 17, 2008, and arrested her.
4. [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] The Persecution of Mr. Wang Jinling and Wife Xin Mingru
Mr. Wang Jinling and his wife, Ms. Xin Mingru, left home to avoid arrest in 2001. They returned in 2006 and ran a small business. Hezhuang Township Police Department officers in Hengshui City arrested Mr. Wang on August 7, 2008. He is now being held in the Hengshui City Administrative Custody Center.
5. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Liu Yanhong Arrested Again
Seven officials from the Changfeng Road Party Office and from a police department broke into Ms. Liu Yanhong's home at 3:00 p.m. on August 16, 2008, and arrested her.
6. [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Lu Xianghong Detained at a 610 Office Brainwashing Center
Ms. Lu Xianghong from Zhuhai City disappeared on the evening of August 5, 2008. According to a preliminary investigation, the police broke the lock on her door and forced their way inside. They ransacked the place, arrested Ms. Lu, and took her to a brainwashing center held by Zhuhai City 610 Office agents located within the Tangjia Garrison Command District.
7. [Guangan City, Sichuan Province] Four Practitioners Arrested
Public Security Bureau officials from Wusheng, Guangan City arrested Ms. Li Yuzhen, Mr. Chen Tianxiao, Mr. Shao Changming, and Mr. Duan Hua from the local area on July 30, 2008, and took them to a Huaying Brainwashing Center.
8. [Sichuan Province] Ms. Chen Yuqiong Arrested
610 Office agents from Yibin County arrested Ms. Chen Yuqiong and many others on August 10, 2008.
9. [Miyi County, Sichuan Province] More Information on the Arrests of Ms. Tang Xingrong and Others
Ms. Tang Xingrong, 38, and Mr. Tang Gaoshun, 60, lived in Group 16, Xianjia Village, Panlian Town. Officers from the Miyi Domestic Security Division, from the Panlian Town Police Department, from the Panlian Town government, and from the Xianjia Village Party Committee broke into the homes of Ms. Tang Xingrong and Mr. Tang Gaoshun at 11:00 p.m. on July 31, 2008. They took private belongings including two laptop computers, two printers, and Falun Gong books. In the evening they threatened Ms. Tang Xingrong's parents and relatives. When she shouted, "Falun Dafa is good," the police slapped her face.
Miyi County Police Department chief: 86-812-8175009, 86-13908149342
10. [Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Shufen Arrested
The police arrested Ms. Liu Shufen from Baihe, Erdaozi, on August 7, 2008.
11. [Jilin Province] Mr. Li Wenjun Sent to Labor Camp
The police sent Mr. Li Wenjun to the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai on August 11, 2008, without his family's signature [required in official procedures] after sentencing him to 15 months of forced labor.
12. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Changchun City "Legal Training Center" Officials Persecute Practitioners
At least eight practitioners have been taken to the Changchun City "Legal Training Center," a covert brainwashing center, on August 4, 2008. Six of the eight arrested are: Mr. Tian Zidong, an employee of the Changchun City Public Transportation Bureau; Ms. Yang Li from the Luyuan District; Ms. Su Dan from Dehui; Mr. Lu Junwen from Dafangshen Town, Dehui, Changchun City, Ms. Liu Guizhi from Liushe, Heiyu Village, Dafangshen Town, Dehui; Mr. Qin Diansheng from Sanqingzui Village, Xiajiadian Town near Dehui; and Mr. Su Xiaoguang from Huxi Road.
13. [Xingyang City, Henan Province] Ms. Nie Junhua and Mr. Li Qinjun Sentenced to Three-and-a-Half Years and Four Years in Prison, Respectively
14. [Henan Province] Nanyang Domestic Security Division Officials and Wolong Police Arrest Mr. Fan Gang
Officials from the Nanyang Domestic Security Division and from the Wolong Police Department arrested Ms. Fan Yanli's brother, Mr. Fan Gang.
15. [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] The Persecution in Anping County
The police arrested three elderly practitioners on July 16, 2008, when someone reported them for explaining the facts about Falun Gong in public. Police released Ms. Lu and Ms. Qiao's from the detention center on August 15 after extorting 7,000 yuan from their families. They sentenced Ms. Ping Juan to one year of forced labor and sent her to the Shijiazhuang Women's Forced Labor Camp on August 8, 2008.
16. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] The Persecution of Ms. Zhang Jing
Ms. Zhang Jing lived in a post office dormitory on Xiumen Street, Qiaodong, Shijiazhuang City. Shijiazhuang City Domestic Security Division Chief Wang worked with Weiming Criminal Police Division Chief Wang. Altogether, six officials ransacked Ms. Zhang's home at 9:00 a.m.. on August 15, 2008. They took her to the Domestic Security Division and later to a forced labor camp, claiming they had found Falun Gong books and materials inside her home. The labor camp authorities refused to accept her because she was suffering from tuberculosis. Those in charge took her back to the Domestic Security Division. Ms. Zhang escaped 4:00 a.m. on August 16. She cannot return home because the police are looking for her.
17. [Wei County, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhang Lanqiu Arrested
The police broke into Ms. Zhang Lanqiu's home in Wei County and arrested her at 7:00 p.m. on August 11, 2008. They took her immediately to the Xingtai Brainwashing Center. Four officers returned the next day and confiscated her computer.
Zhou Xiangming, 610 Office: 86-13833920758 (Cell), 86-319-6161765 (Home)
Li Zhihui, police chief: 86-13993096999 (Cell), 86-319-5201789 (Home)
18. [Beijing] More Information on the Arrest of Ms. Liu Qin
Ms. Liu Qin has been exposing the Party's lies to the locals in Shanxigou Village, Liubinpu Township, Yanqing County. Village chief Liu Jiang and six police officers broke into her home and took Falun Gong materials at 8:00 a.m. on July 14, 2008. They arrested her. Her 13-year-old son now has no one to care for him.
19. [Gejiu City, Yunnan Province] Mr. Dong Mingzu and Mr. Wang Yuzhong Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison
The authorities recently sentenced Mr. Dong Mingzu and Mr. Wang Yuzhong to seven years in prison each, despite the complete absence of incriminating evidence.
20. [Gaotang County, Shandong Province] Ms. Peng Yingjie Arrested
Officials from the Gaotang County Domestic Security Division, now a branch of the 610 Office, barged into Ms. Peng Yingjie's home at 9:00 a.m. on August 14, 2008, and turned it upside-down. They arrested her.
Guo Tingwei, 610 Office agent: 86-635-2132952 (Home), 86-13906353905 (Cell)
21. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Yan Hongsheng Taken to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp
The police arrested Mr. Yan Hongsheng and his wife, Ms. Zhou Lifang, from Huangqipu Town, the Fangzi District, at 5:00 a.m. on July 9, 2008. They sentenced Mr. Yan to 18 months of forced labor and took him to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp. His wife, Zhou Lifang, has returned home.
Ms. Zhang Lixiang from Dongantai Village, Huangqibao Town, and Ms. Fan Yuqin from Xiaozhaoyujia Village, the Jiulong Street Office in the Fangzi District, have also returned home after the police extorted 5,000 yuan from each family.
Ms. Zhang Ximei from Caiyuan Village, the Jiulongjie Street Office in the Fangzi District, has been transferred from Wangcun Forced Labor Camp to a Weifang Brainwashing Center following her sentence extension.
22. [Linghai City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Li Sujie Sentenced to Five Years in Prison
The police secretly sentenced Ms. Li Sujie to five years of incarceration in late July 2008 and sent her to the Shenyang Women's Prison. She has been on a hunger strike for a long time and is emaciated.
23. [Kaili City, Guizhou Province] Numerous Practitioners Held in Brainwashing Centers
Officials from Kaili City, Qiandongnan State, Guizhou Province, are now placing Falun Gong practitioners in brainwashing centers. Practitioners known to have been sent there are Ms. Luo Jindi, Ms. Jiang, Ms. Yan, Mr. Long Qitao, Ms. Wang Ludan, Ms. Wang, Ms. Nie, and Ms. Li. Ms. Li returned home after three days of a hunger strike but is still under 24-hour surveillance. All of the practitioners listed are from Kaili City.
24. [Bengbu City, Anhui Province] Arrests and Brainwashing Sessions
Many practitioners including Ms. Wei Dianzhen and Ms. Wang Shuqin have been arrested and sent to brainwashing centers.
25. [Tianjin ] Ms. Zhang Yahua and Mr. Wang Jun Arrested
The police arrested Ms. Zhang Yahua and Mr. Wang Jun from Lintingkou Town, Baodi District, Tianjin, on August 11 and August 15, 2008, respectively.
Lintingkou Police Department: 86-22-82358301
26. [Duolun County, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Ms. Ji Zhonghui Arrested
The police arrested Ms. Ji Zhonghui, in her 60s, at 5:00 p.m. on August 15, 2008, and took a lot of Falun Gong materials.