Additional Persecution News from China - July 31, 2008 (55 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 41 cities or counties in 17 provinces. In this report, 27 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 99 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wu Yefeng on Hunger Strike for a Month
On June 15, Ms. Wu Yefeng was taken into custody by the Yaming Police Station in Huanggu District after days of being unlawfully followed. Five other practitioners associated with her have been taken into custody since: Mr. Zheng Yi, Mr. Lin Huayu, Mr. Zhao Guoliang, Mr. Cai Zongbin, and Ms. Liu Guifeng.
Ms. Wu Yefeng and Ms. Liu Guifeng are being held at the Zaohua Town Detention Center in Yuhong District, Shenyang City. Ms. Wu has been on a hunger strike protesting the persecution for over a month. She was brutally force-fed food and salt water. Her life is in imminent danger. Ms. Wu has been forced to stay out of town for years, and her family has yet to learn that she has been unlawfully detained.
Mr. Zhao Guoliang, Mr. Cai Zongbin, Mr. Zheng Yi and Mr. Lin Huaiyu are held at the Huanggu Detention Center in the Sitaizi area. Mr. Zhao went on a hunger strike on July 24, abstaining from both food and water.
Huanggu Detention Center in the Sitaizi area in Shenyang City: 86-24-89247013
Wu Bo (male), police officer who beats practitioners: 86-13940156978 (Cell)
Huanggu District 610 Office: 86-24-86855063
2. [Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Yang Chunfu and Mr. Zhang Shenjin Taken into Custody
At 10:00 a.m. on July 25, 2008, Mr. Yang Chunfu, in his sixties, from Jiujuzhangzi Village in Foyedong Township, Lingyuan City, was taken from his home by Zhang Runjiang, Liu Jianjun, and other officers from the township police station. Mr. Yang is being held at the Lingyuan Detention Center. Mr. Yang went to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong on October 20, 1999. As a result, he was taken to serve a two-year term at the Chaoyang Forced Labor Camp, where he was brutally tortured.
A few days ago, Mr. Zhang Shenjin, a resident of Jiujuzhangzi Village in Foyedong Township, was taken into custody at his daughter's home for practicing Falun Gong. He is being held at the Lingyuan Detention Center.
San Shuguo (male), director of the Foyedong Township Police Station: 86-13842112981 (Cell)
Zhao Runjiang (male), political instructor of the Foyedong Township Police Station: 86-24-6300558 (Home), 86-13942127398 (Cell)
Liu Jianjun (male), deputy director of the Foyedong Township Police Station: 86-13130843541 (Cell)
3. [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Peihong Released After Being Taken into Custody by Officers from Lubiao Police Station on the Evening of July 21
4. [Tumen City, Jilin Province] Mr. Teng Shijun Missing in Forced Labor Camp
5. [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Mr. Liu Jinxiang and Mr. Wang Famao Taken into Custody
Around July 20, 2008, Mr. Liu Jinxiang, in his sixties, was taken to the Zhucheng City Detention Center.
On July 19, the Zhucheng City police broke into Mr. Wang Famao's home in Butou Village, Taolin Township, Zhucheng City. Mr. Wang, 45, was taken to the Zhucheng City Detention Center. His home was searched. Mr. Wang was unlawfully arrested in 2002, sentenced to five years in prison, and taken to the North Weifang Prison in Weifang City, Shandong Province, where he was forced to engage in slave labor.
6. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhang Yueqin's Daughter Ms. He Dan Taken into Custody by Lubei District Domestic Security Division on the Afternoon of July 29
Fan Xiaoyong (male) of the Lubei District Domestic Security Division: 86-315-2703779, 86-315-5261438
7. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Feng Ruixue Faces Unlawful Trial at Around 9:00 a.m. on August 4
8. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Suyun and Ms. Wang Meihua Taken into Custody
On the afternoon of July 29, Ms. Wang Suyun and Ms. Wang Meihua, who live in the Huanleyuan area in Fushun City, were taken into custody by the Fumin Police Station. They are being held at the police station. Their homes have been unlawfully searched.
9. [Hebei Province] Mr. Liu Shengge and Zhimin Unlawfully Held at Xingtai Brainwashing Center
Mr. Liu Shengge, from the Zhongyituan area in Pingxiang County, was taken into custody on July 26. He is being held at the Xingtai Brainwashing Center.
Zhimin (female), from Xindian Town in Ren County, was taken into custody at her home on the evening of July 25. She is also being held at the Xingtai Brainwashing Center
10. [Shaowu City, Fujian Province] Additional Information on Ms. Wu Qinhua in Custody
Ms. Wu Qinhua, in her sixties, makes a living by repairing shoes. On May 19, 2008, officers from the Shaowu City Domestic Security Division forcibly took her from the shoe-repair stand she set up by the Farm Market of the Shaowu Railroad Section to the domestic security division. The officers then unlawfully searched her home and confiscated Falun Dafa books and satellite television receivers. The officers also stole over 20,000 yuan in cash.
After Ms. Wu was taken to the office of the Shaowu City Domestic Security Division, several police officers interrogated her and viciously beat her. She was deprived of sleep for two days and one night. She was handcuffed and not even allowed to sit. Both her legs became swollen. Ms. Wu is now being held at the Shaowu City Detention Center.
11. [Wuxue City, Hubei Province] Mr. Liu Jigang Taken into Custody; Mr. Su Jinhuang and Mr. Zhou Shanzheng's Homes Searched
At around 11:00 p.m. on July 25, a dozen police officers from the Wuxue City State Security Department, the police department, and the Dajin Town Police Station broke into Mr. Liu Jigang's home. The officers confiscated a computer, a printer, photo equipment, Falun Dafa books, and satellite antennae. Mr. Liu's wife, who is not a practitioner, tried to intervene, and she was brutally beaten. She suffered injuries all over her body. Mr. Liu was taken into custody.
The same group of police officers then broke into the homes of Mr. Su Jinhuang and Mr. Zhou Shanzheng. They took portraits of Falun Gong's founder, Falun Dafa books, and Falun Gong exercise cassettes.
Wu Tianbao (male), director of the Dajin Town Police Station: 86-713-6872347, 86-13339970767 (Cell)
12. [Jilin Province] Ms. Zhang Liying, Employee of Gongzhuling Railroad Station, Taken to Siping Brainwashing Center by 610 Office Police on July 25
13. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Mr. Sun Xianguo and Ms. Liu Shumei Taken into Custody at Conclusion of Unlawful Forced Labor Terms
On June 6, 2008, Mr. Sun Xianguo was supposed to be released from a labor camp. Instead, local officers from Anchang Township in Qian'an County took him away from the labor camp. He was sent to the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp on June 25.
Ms. Liu Shumei was released from a labor camp on June 1. However, before she had even stepped out of the labor camp, local police officers from Zhanzi Township, Qian'an County took her into custody. On June 25, she was taken back to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province.
14. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Mr. Han Zhiliang Taken into Custody
At around 9:00 a.m. on July 29, Mr. Han Zhiliang, in his forties, was taken into custody by officers from the Youyi Lane Police Station in Lunan District and from the Lunan Police Department in Tangshan City. The officers searched Mr. Han's home and videotaped the search.
15. [Xintai City, Shandong Province] Ms. Tian Lili Taken to Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Tian Lili was unlawfully sentenced to 15 months of forced labor on April 3, 2008. She is being held at the No. 1 Division of the Shandong No. 1 Provincial Women's Forced Labor Camp.
16. [Huanren County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Sun Jilian Taken into Custody
On July 16, 2008, police officers in Huanren County disguised themselves as water utility-bill collectors. When Ms. Sun Jilian opened the door, half a dozen officers forced their way in. They unlawfully searched Ms. Sun's home and took her into custody. Ms. Sun is being held at the Huanren County Detention Center.
17. [Mancheng County, Hebei Province] Mr. Yuan Ximan Taken into Custody
Mr. Yuan Ximan, 56, lives in Weizhuang Village, Mancheng County. On the evening of July 13, 2008, he went to Longmen Village to distribute truth clarification materials. Villagers at Longmen Village took him to the Bailong Township Government in Mancheng County. Mr. Yuan was tortured during interrogation, and his legs were bruised. His car was held at the Bailong Township Government. Mr. Yuan Ximan remains in custody at the county detention center.
18. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Fan Yuqin Taken into Custody
Ms. Fan Yuqin lives at Xiaozhaoyujia Village under the jurisdiction of the Jiulong Street Administration Office in Fangzi District, Weifang City. On the afternoon of July 28, the police took her into custody. Her whereabouts are unknown. The police confiscated her Falun Dafa books and a computer used by her child.
19. [Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Chen Shaoqing Taken into Custody; Ms. Li Zhandi Escapes
At around 5:00 p.m. on July 25, the police in Zhanjiang City surrounded the home of Mr. Chen Shaoqing and Ms. Li Zhandi. Several hours later, they received orders from higher officials to break in. The officers confiscated two computers, five printers, a set of satellite antennae, and boxes of photocopying paper. Ms. Li has managed to escape.
On the morning of July 26, Mr. Chen Shaoqing was taken into custody at a rented house. The police confiscated some more equipment there.
20. [Sha City, Hunan Province] Ms. Zhu Chongying Taken into Custody; Her Husband in Terminal Phase of Cancer Left Unattended
On July 23, 2008, Ms. Zhu Chongying, in her sixties, was deceived to go to the residential committee by officers from the Xiqu Police Station in Sha City and officials of the residential committee. Five officers led by a deputy director of the Caihe Police Station in Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province took Ms. Zhu to Hangzhou City.
In December 2007, Ms. Zhu was looking after her grandchild in Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province. She spent some of her spare time distributing truth clarification materials, and she was taken into custody by the Hangzhou City police. She was later released on medical parole and returned to Sha City, Hubei Province. Her husband, almost 70 years old, was left unattended while Ms. Zhu was in custody.
21. [Changyi City, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Yuhong Taken into Custody
Ms. Liu Yuhong lives in Quqi Village, Beimeng Town, Changyi City. On July 10, she was forced to leave town and had nowhere to live. On the early evening of July 28, when she had just returned home, officers from the Beimeng Town Police Station took her into custody.
22. [Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province] A Dozen Practitioners Taken to Brainwashing Center
Since July 14, a dozen practitioners, including Ms. Fang Jing, Mr. Yang Zhanfeng, Mr. Zhang Jiyin, Ms. Ma Yongfang, and Mr. Liang Rong, have been taken to the domestic security division and subsequently transferred to the Songlindian Brainwashing Center.
Chen Guiting (male), deputy director of the 610 Office: 86-15033706988 (Cell), 86-312-5521899, 86-312-3636250
23. [Changbai County, Jilin Province] Eight Practitioners, Including Mr. Zhang Chenguang, Taken into Custody
On July 21, eight practitioners, including Mr. Zhang Chenguang, Mr. Guo Xinggui, Mr. Yan Chengyong, Ms. Sun Xiulan, Ms. Zhang Fenglian, and Ms. Li Yuexing, were taken to a brainwashing center.
24. [Jing County, Hebei Province] Mr. Xin Hongwen and Other Practitioners Taken into Custody and Extorted Cash
On July 26, 2008, officials of the Duqiao Town Government in Jing County and officers from the Duqiao Town Police Station took Mr. Xin Hongwen into custody. They searched his home in Xinzhuang Village and took possession of his personal items. Mr. Xin was taken to the Jing County Detention Center. On the same day, the officers went to the home of Mr. Su Guanfu and his wife Ms. Wang Xiuying. They took the couple into custody. The township government extorted 9,500 yuan from the couple and forced them to fingerprint a pre-drafted guarantee statement before releasing them home to live under surveillance. The officers then searched practitioners' homes in Laozhengzhuang Village.
Zhang Baozhong (male), Party Secretary of Duqiao Town: 86-318-4308339
Duqiao Police Station: 86-318-4308326
25. [Tianjin] Ms. Zhang Rong Taken into Custody
On July 23, 2008, Ms. Zhang Rong was taken into custody by the police for clarifying the truth. Her whereabouts have remained unknown. This is the fourth time Ms. Zhang has been unlawfully taken into custody.
Liu Xiangjiang (male), police responsible for the persecution: 86-13820716595 (Cell)
26. [Fuping County, Hebei Province] Ms. Sun Mingrong Suffers Mental Collapse Resulting from Severe Abuse
On the evening of July 12, Ms. Sun Mingrong and Mr. Yang Shengli were taken into custody. Ms. Sun has lost focus in both her eyes. She does not speak and has mentally collapsed. On the evening of July 27, she was taken to Shijiazhuang City to serve one year of forced labor. Mr. Yang Shengli remains locked in the Section of Internal Medicine in the Fuping County Hospital. The Education Commission has assigned people to monitor him all the time.
27. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Song Guixiang Taken into Custody
At 11:30 a.m. on July 24, 2008, Ms. Song Guixiang, 56, was taken into custody by the Yan'an Road Police Station affiliated with the Shibei Police Department. At 4:00 p.m. on July 28, Ms. Song was transferred to the Dashan Prison in Qingdao City.
28. [Sichuan Province] Ms. Jiang Li, a Teacher at Neijiang Foreign Language Institute, Taken into Custody on the Evening of July 28; Her Whereabouts Remain Unknown
29. [Yi County, Liaoning Province] Ms. He Baoqin Taken into Custody
At around 1:00 p.m. on July 28, 2008, Ms. He Baoqin from Yi County was taken into custody on a bus heading toward Jinzhou City from Yi County. Ms. He is being unlawfully held at the Yi County Detention Center.
30. [Xining City, Qinghai Province] A Female Practitioner, Around 30 Years Old, Taken into Police Custody on the Afternoon of July 22
31. [Tianjin] Mr. Xie Xiangdong Unlawfully Arrested
Mr. Xie Xiangdong, who lives at Gate 3, Building 5 on Fenghu Lane in Nankai District, Tianjin, has been unlawfully sentenced to four years in prison. Around July 28, Mr. Xie was taken into custody, and his home was searched. Mr. Geng Dong, who lives in Building 7 of the Xinyuancun Residential Community of Tianjin University in Nankai District, has been unlawfully sentenced to forced labor twice. On July 27, local residential police officers unlawfully subpoenaed him for 12 hours. He was released on July 28. But on July 29, he was again subpoenaed.
32. [Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Several Practitioners Taken into Custody and Extorted
The police received reports that Mr. Gong Maosheng and Mr. Guan Rongzhu's wife had Falun Dafa materials at their homes in Yinjiawa Village, Dagu Town, Mengyin County. The two practitioners have been taken into custody and held in Mengyin County. Mr. Gong Fangtai and Mr. Liu Xiangkui have been released after the police extorted cash from them.
Ms. Bao Xiju, who lives in Xiadongmen Village in Tanbu Town, Mengyin County, returned home with righteous thoughts in mind the following day after she was taken into custody. Later she went back to demand the release of her daughter. She was again unlawfully detained. The police demanded 10,000 yuan from her family and released her daughter. The police refused to release Ms. Bao and said she was to be released after the Beijing Olympics were over.
33. [Chongqing] Ms. Chen Lianbi, Ms. Li Jiangjiang and Several Other Practitioners in Beipei District Taken into Custody Around July 24
34. [Yangquan City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Gao Lifang and Ms. Ouyang Hongmei Tortured by Police
On July 23 Ms. Gao Lifang and Ms. Ouyang Hongmei were taken into custody by officers from the Nanshan Road Police Station in Yangquan City. They were handcuffed with their arms twisted behind their backs onto an iron pipe. The two practitioners could not stand up for extended hours. Their families were not allowed to visit them.
Ms. Li Huiwen, Ms. Wang Tingfang, and Ms. Guo Jifang were tortured to death in Yangquan City. A large number of practitioners were unlawfully sentenced to forced labor or prison.
Bai Ruming (male), head of the 610 Office: 86-13903533738 (Cell)
35. [Sanhe City, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Jinrong Taken into Custody
Ms. Li Jinrong, in her forties, lives in the West Division of Baizhuang Village, Huangzhuang Town, Sanhe City. On July 20, she was on her way to visit her mother. While she was on a bus in Pinggu County, Beijing, the Pinggu police took her into custody. At around 1:00 a.m. on July 21 the Sanhe City police unlawfully searched Ms. Li's home. The officers confiscated DVD burners, printers and other items. According to villagers, Ms. Li's son, who is not a practitioner, was taken away with his mother. Ms. Li Jinrong has been held at the Sanhe City Detention Center. Her son has been released.
36. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Mr. Wang Huilin, Ms. Li Yanling and Erjuan Taken into Custody
At noon on July 29, Mr. Wang Huilin, who lives Honghuayuan Village in Huanggezhuang Town, Fengnan District, Tangshan City, and Ms. Li Yanling, who lives in Yangzhuangzi Village, were taken into custody by Huanggezhuang Police Station. The officers also searched the two practitioners' homes and confiscated truth-clarification materials. Mr. Wang and Ms. Li are being held at the the Huanggezhuang Police Station.
On July 25, Erjuan, a female practitioner who lives on Xuanzhuang No. 1 Street, was taken to the Xugezhuang Detention Center after her home was searched by officers from the Huanggezhuang Police Station.
Huanggezhuang Police Station: 86-315-8526195
Wang Hongcheng (male), director of the police station: 86-13832586869 (Cell)
37. [Sanmenxia City, Henan Province] Ms. Yang Qingyi and Mr. Yang Yong Taken into Custody
On July 24, 2008, Ms. Yang Qingyi, 39, and Mr. Yang Yong, 37, from Mianchi County in Sanmenxia City, Henan Province, were taken into custody. They are being held at the Yima City Detention Center.
Mr. Yang Qingyi was sentenced to two years of forced labor in 2004 for clarifying the truth to students. Her daughter, who was in middle school, was left at home alone.
Mr. Yang Yong was a teacher at the Mianchi County No. 2 High School. In 2003, he was sentenced to two years of forced labor for practicing Falun Gong. Mr. Yang's wife is now taking care of an eighteen-month-old son and an 10-year-old daughter.
38. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Mr. Niu Qingquan Taken into Custody
39. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Wang Lan Taken into Custody
Ms. Wang Lan lives in the family quarters of Zhengzhou Industrial University. At 9:00 p.m. on July 22, 2008, officers from the Wenhua Road Police Station in Jinshui District took Ms. Wang into custody at her home.
40. [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Mr. Li Yi Taken into Custody
On July 29, 2008, Mr. Li Yi, an employee of the Zhucheng Seeds Company, was about to have lunch. Suddenly, seven or eight police officers broke in and took him into custody. The officers also unlawfully searched Mr. Li's home.
41. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Sun Kaiqing Taken to Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp to Serve One Year of Forced Labor at End of April
42. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Shuyan, a Teacher at Jinguangyu Village Elementary School in Qianxi County Taken into Custody on July 28
43. [Mengyin County, Hubei Province] Mr. Sun Difa Taken into Custody
Mr. Sun Difa, who lives in Sunjiamayu Village in Taoqu Town, Mengyin Town, was turned in to the authorities by his daughter-in-law. At around 11:00 a.m. on July 29, 2008, the police broke into his home. They confiscated Falun Dafa books, copies of the Chinese edition of Clearwisdom Weekly, and other materials. Mr. Sun was taken into custody and held at the Mengyin County 610 Office.
44. [Wuxue City, Hubei Province] Mr. Xu Linfu and Other Practitioners Taken into Custody
On July 27, 2008, Mr. Xu Linfu, Mr. Xu Dongsheng, Ms. Ma Qiurong, Mr. Zhu Guosheng, Mr. Liu Jigang, and Mr. Fang Tianming were taken into custody.
45. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Wu Yanchun and Mr. Xie Jinde Taken to Prison
Mr. Wu Yanchun, a handicapped practitioner in the Acheng area in Harbin City (who was paralyzed before practicing Falun Gong), and Mr. Xie Jinde have been unlawfully sentenced to 18 months and 12 months in prison respectively. In mid-July they were taken to the Daqing Prison and the Harbin No. 3 Detention Center respectively. Mr. Guo Gang and Mr. Ren Zhongde have been unlawfully sentenced to five years in prison. They were taken to the Daqing Prison but were not admitted due to symptoms of illness that developed. The two practitioners remain in custody at the Acheng No. 1 Detention Center.
46. [Beijing] Mr. Li Gang and His Wife Ms. Xiao in Balizhuang Area in Chaoyang District Missing Since Mid-July
47. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Hou Baoqin and Other Practitioners Taken into Custody
On July 23, Ms. Hou Baoqin, Ms. Xu Jinping, Ms. Jia Cuilan, and a practitioner with the last name You were taken into custody by officers from the Sifang Police Department. The practitioners were held at different police stations. The police searched the practitioners' homes the same afternoon. They confiscated computers, printers and books.
48. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Mr. Dong Qiang's Home Searched and Mr. Yang Zheng Taken into Custody
On the morning of July 29, three officers from the Fengnan Town Police Station and one from the Domestic Security Division broke into Mr. Dong Qiang's home while he was not in. The police confiscated Falun Dafa books and truth clarification DVDs.
On July 28, officers from the Daodi Town Police Station in Fengnan District broke into Mr. Yang Zheng's home. They confiscated Falun Dafa books and weekly publications. When Mr. Yang returned home in the evening, the police took him into custody and took a computer and a printer.
49. [Tonghe County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Yan Zhijun Taken into Custody
On July 29, 2008, Mr. Yan Zhijun was taken into custody at her home in Hongqi Village in Fulin Township, Tonghe County. The police confiscated his computer and printer.
Chi Haibo (male), officer of the Fulin Township Police Station: 86-13945183869 (Cell), 86-15326628110 (Cell), 86-451-57455620 (Office)
50. [Zhenjiang City, Jiangsu Province] Mr. Wang Yong Taken into Custody
Mr. Wang Yong, in his fifties, is a professor at Jiangsu University in Zhenjiang City, Jiangsu Province. Two weeks ago, he was secretly arrested. Mr. Wang has been unlawfully detained and sent to a forced labor camp several times since 1999.
51. [Yangyuan County, Hebei Province] Mr. Xin and Mr. Li Liandong Taken into Custody
On July 27, officers from the Yangyuan County Police Department and those from the Beijing City Police Department took into custody Mr. Xin, in his fifties, and Mr. Li Liandong, around 35 years old, who were working odd jobs in Beijing.
At 5:00 p.m. on July 28, officers from the Yangyuan County Police Department, the Sanmafang Police Station in Yangyuan County, and the Laoyazhuang Police Station in Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province took into custody Ms. Miao Fang, who is a non-practitioner working odd jobs in Zhangjiakou City. Ms. Miao Fang is the daughter of Ms. Miao Zhuzhen, a practitioner from the Sanmafang area. She was taken to the Yangyuan County Detention Center.
52. [Hebei Province] Several Practitioners in High and New Technology Development District Taken into Custody
On the morning of July 26, 2008, nine police officers from the Maludong Police Station in the High and New Technology Development District in Zhangjiakou City took into custody Mr. Peng Yushan and his wife Ms. Qi, who were grocery shopping. The officers also searched the couple's home. Mr. Peng has been unlawfully detained; Ms. Qi is held in custody.
On the morning of July 26, a female practitioner was taken into custody by officers who jumped into her yard in Yaojiafang Township in Xuanhua County. She was taken to the Maludong Police Station and placed under detention. Her child was also taken into custody.
At around 10:30 a.m. on July 26, officers from the Maludong Police Station took into custody Ms. Wang Zhijun, who was grocery shopping. They slapped, beat and threatened her in public. Ms. Wang was released only after she was forced to promise in writing not to go into Beijing. Her identification card was taken by the police, and she cannot travel freely.
On the morning of July 26, five officers led by the director of the Maludong Police Station took Mr. Zhang Weiyang to the police station while Mr. Zhang was working overtime. He was released only after he promised in writing not to go to Beijing. His identification card was taken by the police, and he cannot travel freely.
53. [Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province] Eight Practitioners Taken into Custody at End of July 2008
54. [Lanxi City, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Zhao Shuying and Several Other Practitioners Recently Unlawfully Detained on Criminal Charges
Domestic Security Division: 86-579-88853090
Head of the domestic security division: 86-13706899123 (Cell)
55. [Chengde City, Hebei Province] Mr. Qin Guifu Taken into Police Custody at Home
At around 5:00 p.m. on July 28, Mr. Qin Guifu was taken into custody by officers from the police station who broke into his home. His whereabouts are unknown.
Mr. Zuo Shougang's wife returned home. Her husband, who was taken into custody with her in Dashimiao Town on July 13, remains in custody. Ms. Wang Ruifen and Ms. He Fengyu in Shuangluan District, who were taken into custody on July 13, have returned home after being unlawfully held in custody for 12 days.