(Clearwisdom.net) Forty-eight-year-old practitioner, Ms. Chen Yumei of Shenyang City, Liaoning Province left home at around 7:30 p.m. on July 3, 2008. She was arrested and violently beaten until she was unconscious. This arrest took place on Bangjiang Road near Ms. Chen's own neighborhood by the police from Changan Police Station in Dadong District, Shenyang City. At about 9:20 p.m., several officers from the Changan Police Station arrived at Ms. Chen's home, claiming that she had fainted and she was in an ambulance right outside. They requested her family's confirmation. Ms. Chen Yumei passed away on July 4 in the No. 463 Air Force Hospital.

Ms. Chen Yumei

While her family sent her to the hospital, the police officers surrounded Ms. Chen's home. A group of officers blocked access to the home and began to ransack it. They took away a laptop computer, a DVD player and several thousand yuan in cash.

On July 11, the neighborhood administration officers came to her home and told her family that the police station wanted to evict Ms. Chen's husband, daughter and son-in-law. When asked for the reason, no one answered. On July 12, the chief of Changan Police Station Li said that he wanted to arrest Ms. Chen's son-in-law.

Below is a portion of the events that transpired as told by Ms. Chen's son-in-law:

At around 7:30 p.m. on July 3, 2008, my mother-in-law went out. At around 9:30 p.m., my neighbors told me, "Something has happened at your family store!" I rushed there and saw a crowd of people. An officer from Dongta Airport Police Station of Dadong District (referred to as "110 police" below; 110 is the emergency line in China, similar to 911) wanted to find my father-in-law. I asked him for the reason and he told me to look and see if the person in the 120 car (in China, an ambulance is also called a 120 car) was one of my family members. I asked him what happened and the 110 police officer said, "Your family member had a car accident."

I immediately got into the ambulance. I saw my mother-in-law lying there unconscious and she looked dead. The doctor asked me if this was a family member. I said yes. The doctor said she was in critical condition, and the initial diagnosis was cerebral hemorrhage.

I asked how this had occurred. The doctor said he didn't know and asked me if I had any cash. I told the doctor that I did not have any money on me, and he told me to go home and get some. I got the money and ran back to the ambulance. The doctor didn't say anything and the ambulance went straight to No. 463 Hospital.

The ambulance personnel communicated with the hospital doctor directly, and I don't know what they said. I was asked to pay for the ambulance ride. Then the doctor did a whole series of examinations, and decided to take my mother-in-law for a CT scan. After that, the nurse took her to the ninth floor.

At that time, I saw the 110 police head to the ninth floor to look for the doctor. I do not know why.

I went home and the 110 police were still there. I asked them about the location of the accident. They said it happened in Jiangdong Neighborhood. I asked them how it happened and they said they did not know. I found my wife to get some more money for the hospital deposit. My wife told me that the 110 police ransacked the house. They took a lot of things, including a laptop computer, cash, DVD players, etc. The 110 police forced my relatives and neighbors indoors and nobody was allowed to leave. I asked the 110 police why they had ransacked my home. They didn't answer me.

Then I went to the hospital to complete the hospital admissions paperwork for my mother-in-law. My relatives came as well. I went to the ninth floor and asked the doctor about my mother-in-law's condition. The doctor said, "She has been diagnosed with cerebral hemorrhage. She needs an operation immediately, or else she could die any minute."

I asked the doctor what had caused the cerebral hemorrhage. The doctor said it could be many things. This case was caused by an external factor. I asked what that meant, and the doctor said the patient had bodily injuries.

The operation took place between 10:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.

On the morning of July 4, someone told me that they overheard the police asking doctors if Ms. Chen Yumei had a severe injury to the head. They did not hear the doctors' response. During a CT scan in the afternoon, there were very few people in the hospital so the doctor asked a policeman to lend a hand. The plainclothes police officer said, "I am not here to be a volunteer, I am here on duty." I asked him what his duty was. He said that he was there for surveillance and he showed me his police ID: Dadong District Dongta Airport Police Station (formerly Changan Police Station). I asked him why he had to keep an eye on me. He said that it was his job, and if there was a problem then I should talk to the supervisor. I asked him, "Who is your supervisor? Where is he?" He didn't answer me.

My mother-in-law passed away at 8:30 p.m. that night. On July 5, 2008, I was discussing my mother-in-law's funeral with my relatives. We didn't want her body to be cremated because the cause of death was still unknown. But later on due to many issues, we decided to cremate her body. We decided the funeral date would be July 6.

After the funeral, none of the friends and relatives had time to even drink a sip of water before the 110 police came to arrest my father-in-law. We asked them, "What crime did my father-in-law commit? Do you have an arrest warrant?" They didn't say anything in reply and later left.

Afterwards, I went to the Dongta Airport Police Station, and I found the chief, surnamed Li. I asked him why they tried to arrest my father-in-law. He did not answer me. I asked, "How did my mother-in-law get involved in the car accident?" Li said, "It was not a car accident, something happened in Jiangdong Neighborhood." I asked him what exactly happened, but he didn't tell me that either.

On July 11, 2008, the neighborhood administration officers came to tell us that the police station was going to evict us. I asked them why we weren't allowed to live there. No one answered me.

On July 12, the head of Changan Police Station, Li, said that he wanted to arrest me. I asked why he wanted to do that, but he didn't answer.

Related report: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2008/7/19/99096.html