Additional Persecution News from China - May 30, 2008 (43 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 34 cities or counties in 12 provinces. In this report 7 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 67 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Dongliao County, Jilin Province] Ms. Sun Fuyun Illegally Arrested by Local Policemen Li Jin and Others
2. [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Fu Lianhua Arrested and Her House Ransacked
Practitioner, Ms. Fu Lianhua, was reported to the police on May 26 at around 9:00 a.m. as she was posting truth-clarification posters and materials about quitting the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Police officers Ma Guangpo and Song Dalong from the 857 Farm Police Unit and the 610 Office arrested Ms. Fu, then later ransacked her house, taking away a computer and truth-clarification materials. On the afternoon of May 27, Ms. Fu was sent to the Mudanjiang Farm Development Police Bureau's Detention Center.
610 Office of 857 Farm Police Bureau:
Ma Guangpo: 86-467-5079459, 86-467-5079700, 86-13019744359
Wang Zhixun, head of 857 Farm Police Bureau: 86-467-5079219
3. [Beijing City] Ms. Wang Yue Arrested and Her House Ransacked
Ms. Wang Yue is a book publisher in her fifties and a resident of the Chaoyang District in Beijing. On May 13, she was arrested by the Chaoyang District police and her house was ransacked. Ms. Wang is now being detained at the Chaoyang Detention Center.
4. [Yilan County, Heilongjiang Province] Retired Teacher Ms. Ning Shuxian Arrested
On May 26, retired teacher Ms. Ning Shuxian of Dalianhe Town, Yilan County, was reported to the police as she was clarifying the truth. She was arrested by the local police and brought to the Yilan County Detention Center. On May 27, the Yilan County police ransacked Ms. Ning's daughter's house and stole Ms. Ning's salary card.
5. [Shengyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Wang Jiangning from Shenghe District Arrested Around Midnight on May 28
Zhao Hongtao, head of Shenghe District Social Security Bureau: 86-24-24850789, 86-13904024113
Zhao's wife, Luo Jing, is a staff member at the Shenghe District 610 Office: 86-24-24846859, 86-24-24847639
6. [Jining, Shandong Province] Mr. Yang Jirong Arrested and Sent to Jinan Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Yang Jirong, in his sixties, was arrested on May 17 and was sent to the Jinan Forced Labor Camp.
7. [Beijing City] Ms. Fu Yuxian Illegally Arrested
On February 19, Ms. Fu Yuxian, 68, was arrested while she was in the Dongzhimen district by staff of the Eastern District police department and she was detained at the Eastern District Detention Center. The police also took away her computer and Dafa books. Ms. Fu returned home on March 19 but on March 21, the Jiuxianqiao Police Unit again arrested Ms. Fu, who is now imprisoned at the Chaoyang District Detention Center.
Jiuxianqiao Police Unit: 86-10-64371415
Nanhuzhongyuan Resident Committee: 86-10-64706923
8. [Penglai City, Shandong Province] Mr. Liang Like and Mr. Wu Jingyun Imprisoned
Mr. Liang Like, who is in his fifties, worked for the Food Administrative Bureau in the Beigou District of Penglai City. He was arrested on May 20 and detained in a brainwashing center. He was then transferred to a detention center to be persecuted further.
Mr. Wu Jingyun, 31, is resident of Xizheng Lijia Village, Beigou Town, Penglai City. He was arrested on May 13 and was forced to attend the brainwashing session for three days, and was then transferred to a detention center.
Mr. Zhang Xingzhou, 66, and his wife Ms. Luan Riling, 67, from Chaoshuisi Village, Penglai City, were arrested at their home on the morning of May 14 by local police. They are now currently being detained at the Penglai Detention Center.
9. [Xingtai County, Hebei Province] Police Officers Illegally Search and Ransack Civilian's Homes
On May 27, a policeman named Zhang Xianglin and staff from the Dashizhuang sub-division of Xingtai Social Security Bureau broke into the homes of Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Hu Xiuhong, Ms. Feng Qing, Ms. Zhang Haie and Ms. Zhang Shuqi. They stole satellite receivers and related equipment, as well as truth-clarification and Falun Dafa exercise CD's.
10. [Guang'an City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Tang Xiewen's Home Ransacked and His Wife Attempts Suicide Due to Threats and Intimidation
On May 19, officers from Linxi Police Unit of Guang'an City, in Zhonghe District, Yuechi County, ransacked the home of a Falun Dafa practitioner, Mr. Tang Xiewen. They stole truth-clarification materials, a laser printer, a color inkjet printer and related equipment. At the time, Mr. Tang was not home but the lawless policemen threatened and intimidated Tang's (non-practitioner) wife to divulge the whereabouts of Mr. Tang. Afterwards, they arrested Tang's wife and she attempted to commit suicide by drinking pesticide. She was then sent to a hospital emergency room.
11. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Wang Lezhen Arrested
On May 26, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Lezhen, a resident of Nanhu Garden, Wuchang District of Wuhan City, was arrested at her home by officers from the Nanhu Police Unit. She is now detained at the Wuhan No. 1 Women's Detention Center.
12. [Xuchang City, Henan Province] Mr. Liu Mingzhou and Others' Homes Ransacked
Practitioner Mr. Liu Mingzhou and other practitioners' homes were ransacked on May 20.
13. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Wang Youjun Arrested and Taken to Yaojia Detention Center
Practitioner Mr. Wang Youjun was arrested and taken to Yaojia Detention Center on May 20. His computer was confiscated by the police.
14. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Li Ping Arrested and Being Held in the Fushun City Detention Center
Practitioner Ms. Li Ping from Xiaojia Village was illegally arrested on March 26. She is currently being held in the Fushun City Detention Center.
15. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Ms. Han Xuxiang and Ms. Hou Chunmei Arrested and Tortured
On the evening of April 9, officers from the Gudianzi Police Unit broke into the home of practitioner Ms. Han Xuxiang, 47, and arrested Ms. Han and her husband. Ms. Han was kicked and punched by the police until she was covered in bruises. She was falsely sentenced and then sent to a forced labor camp. There is no information available about Ms. Han's husband.
Ms. Hou Chunmei, 69, and her husband were arrested by police from the Changhu Police Sub-Bureau, Hadawan Police Unit, Jilin City. Information about Ms. Hou's husband is currently unavailable. Ms. Hou was force-fed pepper powder by police officers and is having difficulty breathing.
16. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wu Dongmei Arrested by Officers From the Tiexi District No. 12 Police Unit
Practitioner Ms. Wu Dongmei was arrested by officers from the Tiexi District No. 12 Police Unit on May 24 at around 10:00 a.m.
17. [Hebei Province] Ms. Niu Guiying and Mr. Niu Baoyu Arrested
On the afternoon of May 26, Yihezhuang County local government official Zhang Shaobin led officers from the Zhuozhou and Baoding City Police Bureaus to Yihezhaung County, to arrest Ms. Niu Guiyin, 55, and her brother Mr. Niu Baoyu, 51.
Zhuozhou City Police Bureau: 86-312-3852132
Yihezhuang County Police Unit: 86-312-3762122, 86-312-3762366
18. [Kunshan City, Jiangsu Province] Mr. Zhang Jiexi Arrested and His Whereabouts Unknown
Mr. Zhang Jiexi, 38, is an insurance salesman for AIA Insurance Co. On May 26, Mr. Zhang was reported to the police in the Kunshan City Development District. He was later arrested by officers from the Qingyang Police Unit and his whereabouts are currently unknown.
19. [Wufeng County, Hubei Province] Ms. Xiang Yan and Ms. Wang Qiong Arrested
On May 26, Ms. Xiang Yan and Ms. Wang Qiong from Yichang City went to Wufeng County to visit relatives. They were forcibly taken away by officers from the Fufeng Township Police Unit. The two practitioners are currently being detained at the Fufeng County Detention Center.
20. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] Elementary School Teacher Ms. Bai Lijie Arrested for Clarifying the Truth to Students
Ms. Bai Lijie was an elementary school teacher at the Wujianfang Elementary School in Tianyi Township, Ningcheng County, Chifeng City. Ms. Bai clarified the truth to students about Falun Gong and was then arrested by staff from the Ningcheng County Social Security Unit on May 21. Her home was also ransacked. Ms. Bai is currently being detained at the Ningcheng County Detention Center.
21. [Changde City, Hunan Province] Four Women Practitioners Arrested and Their Homes Ransacked
In March 2008, Ms. Tu Guiyin, Ms. Ding Nanzhi, Ms. Zhou Lanxiang, and Ms. Li Dongzhi, all from Hanshou County of Changde City, were reported to the police as they were clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. They were arrested and their homes were ransacked by local 610 Office policemen.
Chengde Hanshou 610 Office: 86-736-2852333
22. [Xiangtan County, Hunan Province] Ms. Luo Xuemei and Mr. Liu Xingyuan Arrested
On May 29 at 9:00 a.m., a practitioner named Ms. Luo Xuemei from Xiangtan County was arrested. Her whereabouts are not known. Another practitioner, Mr. Liu Xinyuan, was arrested as he was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong, and he was subsequently detained and sent to a brainwashing center.
23. [Xianning City, Hubei Province] Mr. Liu Jinhua Arrested for Posting Truth-clarifying Flyers
Mr. Liu Jinhua, 31, is a resident of the No. 16 Group of Daqiao Village, Tingsi Township, Xianan District, Xianning City. At around noon on May 4, Mr. Liu went to the Jiangxia District of Wuhan City to post truth-clarifying flyers, and was then arrested by staff from the Fasi Police Unit. He is now detained at the Zhifang Detention Center.
24. [Liupanshui City, Guizhou Province] School Teacher Ms. Jin Shouqun Arrested and Sentenced to Three Years in Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Jin Shouqun is an elementary school teacher at the Yuming Elementary School of Dahe Township, Liupanshui City. Ms. Jin clarified the truth about Falun Gong to the students and tried to persuade them to withdraw from the CCP and associated organizations. She was reported to the police by a parent and arrested. On the morning of April 24, 2008, Ms. Jin was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp. Previously, Ms. Jin had been detained in a forced labor camp for three years.
Mr. Tang Qiong was sentenced to one year of forced labor because he told his students the truth about Falun Gong and tried to persuade them to withdraw from the CCP organizations.
25. [Rongcheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Yue Cunhua and Ms. Liang Renzhen Arrested and Sentenced to Two Years in a Forced Labor Camp
On April 24, Ms. Yue Cunhua and Ms. Liang Renzhen were arrested and illegally detained for over 40 days at the Rongcheng City Detention Center for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. On May 22, they were sentenced to two years in a forced labor camp and were sent to the Shandong Wangcun Forced Labor Camp.
26. [Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhao Shengfa Arrested
Many officers from the Tanfu Township Police Unit arrested a Falun Dafa practitioner, Mr. Zhao Shenfa on April 23 at around 11:00 a.m. in Shuimingya Village. The police also stole his Falun Dafa books and materials. Mr. Zhao was later sent to the Mengyin Detention Center.
27. [Bingzhou City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wei Jinzhi Arrested for Distributing Truth-clarification Materials
On May 28, Ms. Wei Jinzhi was reported to the police while handing out truth-clarification materials. She was arrested by officers from the development sub-division of the Bingzhou City Police Bureau.
28. [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Xuerong Arrested for Distributing Truth-clarification Materials
Practitioner Ms. Liu Xuerong, in her sixties, is from Bouping District, Yantai City. In October 2004, she was reported to the police while she was handing out truth-clarification materials. She was then detained at the Yantai Lanshan Police Unit. Every day she was there, she was handcuffed to window bars in the detention cell for about three hours.
In October 2006, Ms. Liu was again arrested by staff from the Mouping Distruct Ninghai Police Unit because she was handing out truth-clarification materials. She was again handcuffed to iron bars on a daily basis.
In March 2008, police from the 610 Office and Social Security Unit of Mouping District again harassed and persecuted Ms. Liu. They used excuses such as "maintaining social stability" during the convening of the People's Congress in order to arrest her. Whenever Ms. Liu left her home, she was followed by the police. They came to her door several times during the day to harass and threaten her and this situation lasted for 18 days. Also, 18 days time from Ms. Liu's paycheck was deducted.
On May 27, 2008, Ms. Liu was arrested by the Mouping District Social Security Unit while she was distributing truth-clarification materials and has been held there since.
29. [Shandong Province] Mr. Long Lianjin's Home Ransacked and His Son Arrested
On the afternoon of May 27, police officer Dong Ning from the Bingbei Police Sub-Division led a group of people to break into the home of Mr. Long Lianjin, an employee of the Shengli Oil Excavation Factory, No. 2 Mining Division. The police took Mr. Long's computer, printer and many other personal belongings. Later, Mr. Long's son, Mr. Long Quan, was arrested at his workplace and detained at the brainwashing center in the Shengcai Training School.
30. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Mr. Sun Yugeng Arrested and Taken to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Sun Yugeng, in his fifties, was distributing truth-clarifying materials on April 27, when he was reported to the police and taken away to the Yan'an Police Unit. Later, the police ransacked Mr. Sun's home. Mr. Sun has been falsely sentenced to a term in the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for further persecution.
31. [Penglai City, Shandong Province] Mr. Zou Zonghua Arrested and His Home Ransacked
On May 29 at around 10:00 a.m,. Mr. Zou Zonghua from Nanqing Village, Penglai City, was arrested by a group of officers from the Xiguan Police Unit. His home was also ransacked.
32. [Jingzhou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Ming Shuang and Ms. Yan Ming Arrested
Ms. Ming Shuang and Yan Ming were illegally arrested while distributing truth-clarification materials during the evening of May 25. They have not been heard from since.
33. [Lingshou County, Hebei Province] Practitioner Mr. Liu Xulai Arrested and Sentenced to Three Years In a Forced Labor Camp
On March 10, Mr. Liu Xulai from Liujiazhuang Village, Lingshou Couty, went to Baimagong Village to clarify the truth and hand out truth-clarification materials. He was reported by local villagers and arrested by officers from the Baimagang Police Unit. Mr. Liu was later sentenced to three years in the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp.
34. [Gaobeidian City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wu Yajun and Two Other Practitioners Arrested
On May 27 in the afternoon, a practitioner, Ms. Wu Yajun, from Gaobeidian City was studying the Fa at home with four other fellow practitioners. The police suddenly broke into her home and arrested Ms. Wu and two other practitioners from Beijing. Ms. Wu is now being detained at the Gaobeidian City Detention Center. The two practitioners from Beijing were sent back to their home police jurisdiction to be persecuted further.
35. [Xiushui City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Du Putao and Ms. Xiong Zongyin Arrested
Ms. Du Putao and Ms. Zongyin were taken away by local police officers on May 21. On May 24, Ms. Du was transferred to the No. 1 Detention Center of Tongchen County, Hubei Province.
36. [Lanxi City, Zhejiang Province] School Teacher Ms. Ye Wenjin Arrested
In May 2008, practitioner Ms. Ye Wenjin, a teacher from the No. 1 Middle School of Lanxi City, was arrested.
37. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Yu Yuelan Arrested and Detained at Taojialing Brainwashing Center
On May 22, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Yu Yuelan from Hanyang District, was arrested at her home and is now being detained at the Taojialing Brainwashing Center.
38. [Nanchong City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Wang Anzhen Arrested
On May 27, Ms. Wang Anzhen of Longmen Township, Nanchong City, was reported to the police as she was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong to people. She was then illegally arrested by officers from the Gaoping District Social Security Unit and the Longmen Township Police Unit. On the afternoon of May 28 at around 6:00 p.m., Ms. Wang was told that she would be detained for 15 days. She is currently being detained in the Jialing District Detention Center.
39. [Huaihua City, Hunan Province] Ms. Zhang Mei Arrested by Police on the Evening of May 24 and Has Not Been Heard From Since
40. [Chongqing City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Zeng Lan Arrested on May 24 and Detained at the Yubei District Detention Center
41. [Jiahe County, Hunan Province] Ms. Cao Jingxiu and Ms. Hu Yumei Arrested
Jiahe County Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Cao Jingxiu and Ms. Hu Yumei were arrested on the afternoon of May 27 and they are now being detained at the local detention center.
42. [Ninghua County, Fujian Province] Ms. Zhang Yuqing and Ms. Qiu Sentenced to Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Zhang Yuqing, a retiree from Ninghua County Forestry Bureau, and Ms. Qiu, a farmer from Yankou Village in Shuixi County, were both arrested in September 2007. In May 2008, Ms. Zhang and Ms. Qiu were sentenced to three years and four years in a forced labor camp, respectively.
43. [Lanzhou City, Gansu Province] Ms. Qing Shizhen Arrested and Detained in Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center
On May 26, Ms. Qing Shizhen, 68, a retired researcher and associate professor at the Gansu Provincial School of the Communist Party was arrested by the Xinjiang Wurumuqi police. She was secretly sent back to Lanzhou by police officers from Lanzhou and personnel from her work unit. She was sent directly to the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center and is being persecuted.