(Clearwisdom.net) With the pretext of guaranteeing a smooth Olympic torch relay in Guangzhou, local officials committed several acts of persecution between May 6 and May 8, 2008. The persecutors were from the Zengcheng City 610 Office and included local police officials. These individuals monitored, tailed, followed and arrested practitioners and showed up at their homes.

About 3:00 p.m. on May 8, 2008, a group of police officers and regime officials, led by the city 610 Office agent Zhong Liangcong and officer Li Hanhua from the Shitan Police Station, broke into a practitioner couple's home. They brought cameras and camcorders and recorded the couple's activities in Mr. Lai Borui's house. They ordered them to stay still and then commenced an illegal search and seizure and upset everything during their four-hour raid. Police confiscated Dafa books and materials, a printer and a computer. They also grabbed Mr. Lai Borui's business cell phone and his wife Ms. Liu Yuhong's portable DVD player used for her insurance work. When Ms. Liu Yuhong questioned them, Zhong Liangcong shouted curtly, "You cannot question our actions. We can take anything we want without a reason. If you continue questioning us, we'll take your TV away! "

About 5:00 p.m. Mr. Lai's father brought his four-year-old granddaughter home from day care. The little girl saw the whole thing. She was scared and ran to her mom. Ms. Liu was holding her daughter and attempting to leave the house, but the police officers blocked the exit. They separated the mother and daughter and ordered the grandfather to take his granddaughter away.

Before police took them from their home, the pregnant Ms. Liu wanted to go the bathroom, but the police refused. Ms. Liu insisted on going because she could not hold back; then four police officers came up and brutally pushed her to the floor. Ms. Liu had never experienced such brutality and she struggled and shouted, "Let me go! Let me go!"

At 2:00 a.m. the couple were sent to the Shitan Police Station and then transferred to the city detention center.

Once at the center, a female police officer told Ms. Liu, "Actually, we are prepared to arrest you and your husband. How can you escape from us? We have done our homework; otherwise we would not have been successful." She also said, "As you may have noticed, we had brought the tape recorders and camcorders for this incident."

Ms. Liu was given a heavy work load at the detention facility. If she could not finish her quota, the abusers would punish her by making her clean the bathroom and stay up late, without sleep. The food was terrible at the center: rice soup made with mixed moldy rice and vegetables. Prisoners were detained in dark rooms and did not get any fresh air. Lacking proper nutrition and fresh air, and being burdened with an excessive workload, many prisoners had all kinds of illness symptoms, but they did not receive care or medicine until the illness had become terminal.

On May 30, 2008, the detention center authorities noticed her pregnancy. Ms. Liu was sent home while awaiting trial. She then asked the police to return the computer, printer, DVD player, and her other personal belongings. Police officers refused her request and also told her, "We already did you a great favor to let you go home."

Ms. Liu did not have any income and did not enough savings. She also had a four-year-old daughter and she encountered problems with her daily living. Mr. Lai Borui was self-employed and worked as a landscaper. He had done many projects but many people he had done work for had not yet paid him. Those people's contact information was stored in his cell phone. Ms. Liu attempted to ask for her husband's cell phone back so that she could call people to get some money for family emergencies. The police officers refused again. They did not care whether or not the family had enough to survive on.

Ms. Liu is a frail, kind and straight-forward person, and the persecutors used her kindness to deceive her. On July 3, 2008, a person surnamed Ma (the phone number of 86-20-82622485) from the city Procuratorate called Ms. Liu and ordered her to show up at the Procuratorate. Referring to Law 300, Mr. Ma declared she had broken the law by participating in Falun Gong and duped her into signing to accept the charges against her, which she did. The next day, July 4, 2008, an officer from the Shitan Police Station called Ms. Liu and ordered her to write "four statements" to give up Falun Gong so that her husband could go home soon. This time, Ms. Liu was alert and said, "That is impossible. Writing such statements would only affect myself. This has nothing to do with my husband, does it?" There was no answer on the other end.