Additional Persecution News from China - June 19, 2008 (49 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 35 cities or counties in 13 provinces. In this report, 34 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 51 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Yingcheng City, Hubei Province] Three Practitioners Including Ms. Gao Wenxia Hold Six- Day Hunger Strike to Protest Persecution
On June 5, 2008, Ms. Gao Wenxia, Ms. Li Yuling and other practitioners who are all from Dongmafang Community, Yingcheng City, went to the Dongmafang Police Station to request the release of Mr. Wang Changping. Consequently, they were arrested by police officer He Zhongping (male), and detained at the No. 2 Detention Center in Yingcheng City. They have been on a hunger strike for six days to protest the persecution. Mr. Wang Changping and two female practitioners arrested on June 1 , 2008, have been released.
He Zhongping, police officer from Dongmafang Police Station: 86-13971940799 (C), 86-712-3591790 (H), 86-712-3591006 (O)
2. [Lanzhou City, Gansu Province] Practitioner Ms. Wang Yuqing and Her Family Members Arrested
Ms. Wang Yuqing was arrested at home on the morning of June 17, 2007. At the same time her son and sister were also implicated and arrested at her home.
3. [Xinji City, Hebei Province] Ms. Cai Chunmian from Sishang Village Arrested on June 17, 2008
4. [Guan County, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Meilan, Who Had Been Detained and Abused for Months, Released from Brainwashing Center
5. [Ju County, Shandong Province] Supplementary Information on Arrest of Ms. Ren Yejuan
At about 7:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. on June 10, 2008, police officers from the Ju County 610 Office, the State Security Division, and the Jishan Town Police Station searched Ms. Ren Yejuan's home in Xinzhuangzi Village, and arrested her. She is detained in the Ju County Detention Center.
Ju County 610 Office: 86-633-6202610
Ju County State Security Division: 86-633-6202523
Ju County Detention Center: 86-633-7880459
6. [Penglai City, Shandong Province] Several Practitioners from Daxindian Town Arrested
At about 10:00 a.m. on June 17, 2008, Ms. Men Hongfen, Ms. Dong Suhua, and Ms. Fu Guixiang were arrested. Ms. Dong escaped on June 18, 2008.
7. [Shanghai] Ms. Ge Xiaotian Reported to Police and Arrested for Clarifying the Truth
8. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Han Shuzhen Arrested
Ms. Han Shuzhen, approximately 58 years old, lives in Yongan Community, Jinzhou District, Dalian City. On May 28, 2008, she was found carrying Dafa books in her handbag at the Zhoushuizi Airport. She was arrested and her home was searched on the same day. She is detained in the Jinzhou District Detention Center. Her family was denied visits.
9. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Li Mingyan and Mr. Meng Xianwu Arrested
At about 9:00 a.m. on June 17, 2008, police officers from the Liaoning Province Special Case Team and the State Security Division in Huludao City, attacked and arrested Mr. Meng Xianwu while he was working at the Zinc Factory Affiliated Hospital. Mr. Meng and Ms. Jiang Yuqing are both from Xingcheng City, and they are detained at the Shoushan Detention Center in Xingcheng City.
At about 2:00 p.m. the same day, firemen, special police officers and plainclothes police officers surrounded Ms. Li Mingyan's home. They arrested Ms. Li Mingyan and Ms. Jiang Yuqing, and searched Ms. Li's home. Ms. Li was taken to the Suizhong County Detention Center. More than ten practitioners were arrested that day.
Liu Shijun, of State Security Division in Huludao City: 86-13942941979 (Cell)
Xingcheng City Detention Center: 86-429-5423399
Suizhong County Detention Center: 86-429-6183496
10. [Yuxi City, Yunnan Province] Ms. Gong Yuqiong Arrested
Ms. Gong Yuqiong, in her fifties, lives in Changli Community, Daying Street, Yuxi City. On June 2, 2008, she was arrested and detained by police officers from the Hongta Police Department.
11. [Sichuan Province] Ms. Lu Xiuyun and Ms. Tian Yuxiu from Cangshan Town, Zhongjiang County Arrested on June 2, 2008
12. [Suining City, Sichuan Province] Three Practitioners Including Ms. Chen Yanjun Arrested
On May 26, 2008, three practitioners from Suining County were arrested, including 50-year-old Ms. Chen Yanjun. The other two practitioners are young male college students who have been forced to become homeless to avoid further persecution.
Several practitioners in Suining County have been under surveillance. Mr. Hu Yanshun's home was surrounded by police cars. Ms. Peng Xianglian, Ms. Ma Lianying, Ms. Cai Biying, and Ms. Qin Jinqiong were harassed by police officers; and the residents' committee has frequently called to harass them.
13. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Xingang Detained in Jiangcheng Detention Center
On the afternoon of June 16, 2008, Mr. Zhang Xingang from 482 Plant in Baoding City, was arrested by police officers from the Jiangcheng Police Station. At about 1:00 a.m. on June 17, 2008, the police searched his home. Mr. Zhang is detained in the Jiangcheng Detention Center.
Jiangcheng Police Station: 86-312-3204173
14. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhao Zhanbo Taken to Sitaizi Detention Center in Shenyang City
Mr. Zhao Zhanbo has been transferred from the Zhangshi Brainwashing Center to the Sitaizi Detention Center. When his family and colleagues visited him, his limbs appeared bruised. Mr. Huang Baishun and Mr. Chen Ye are also detained at the Sitaizi Detention Center.
In addition, Ms. Chen Lihui, who was arrested on May 24, 2008, is detained at the Shenyang City Detention Center. She is Mr. Chen Ye's wife. Their 9-year-old daughter was left at home alone.
15. [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Wu Qilian and Ms. Wen Ying Arrested
At about 4:00 p.m. or 5:00 p.m. on June 17, 2008, Ms. Wu Qilian and Ms. Wen Ying went to visit Ms. Deng Linfeng, who was detained in a detention center. Guards found Falun Dafa articles in their handbags and they were detained immediately.
16. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Jiao Xuemei Arrested and Detained
On June 16, 2008, Ms. Jiao Xuemei was arrested while at work. She is detained at the No. 1 Detention Center.
17. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Liu from Xuanhua District Arrested at 6:00 p.m. on June 16, 2008, and Her Home Searched
18. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Song Shanfeng and Ms. Li Xiuxiang Reported to Procuratorate
19. [Wei County, Hebei Province] Mr. Liu Jianjun and His Son Arrested
Early on the morning of June 15, 2008, Mr. Liu Jianjun and his son were arrested at home. The son was released the same day, and Mr. Liu was released the next day.
20. [Dandong City, Liaoning Province] Three Practitioners Including Ms. Zhao Xuejing Facing Illegal Trials
Ms. Zhao Xuejing, 53, was arrested at home by police officers from the Sidaoqiao Police Station in Yuanbao District, Dandong City on March 14, 2008. The police officers confiscated several copies of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party, a printer and some CDs. In the afternoon, police officers were watching her home and arrested Mr. Fan Wanying, 70, and Ms. Gu Liying, 46, who had come to visit Ms. Zhao. The police officers seized Ms. Gu's key and searched her home, where they confiscated her computer and a printer.
It has been reported that the authorities of Zhenxing District Court are plotting to try the three practitioners in court.
21. [Shulan City, Jilin Province] Several Practitioners Including Mr. Tong Yanlin Arrested and Their Homes Searched
On the afternoon of June 13, 2008, five or six practitioners from the Nacheng Police Station, including Jiang Zehang (male), broke into 67-year-old, Mr. Tong Yanlin's home, and he was violently taken away by the police. They then searched his home, and tried to seize photos of the founder of Falun Gong. As his wife was protecting the photos, she was pushed by police officers and she fell down and fainted. On the same day, the police officers took the machine from the home of his daughter's boss. When the daughter strongly objected, it was returned.
At about 10:00 a.m. on June 13, 2008, three police officers from the Nancheng Police Station drove to Mr. Liu Deming's home and confiscated Dafa books. They forced his wife to look for him as he was out in the fields working. Consequently, he was forced into a car and taken away.
In mid-June, police officers from the Nancheng Police Station arrested Ms. Li Jie and her husband at home. At the request of the family, her husband was released.
On June 12, 2008, police officers from the Pingan Police Station and the State Security Division broke into and searched Ms. Wang Yuqin's home. They seized copies of the book, Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party, along with other items. Failing to find Ms. Wang, the police went to her daughter's home where she was taken into custody. Ms. Wang and her husband are both detained at the Nanshan Detention Center and are being subjected to abuse.
Director of Nancheng Police Station: 86-432-8223087, 86-432-8224545
22. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Wu Bo Arrested at His Sister's Home by Police Officers from Tiexie Police Department at 2:00 p.m. on June 17, 2008
23. [Liangshan Yi Autonomous Prefecture, Sichuan Province] Supplementary Information on Arrested Practitioners
On June 11-12, 2008, several practitioners from Mianning County, including Mr. Lu Wenhai, 83, Ms. Deng Tianmei, 84, Ms. Shang Qingling, Ms. Xu Xiaoxiang. Mr. Lu Wenhai and Ms. Deng Tianmei returned home on the next day. Two other practitioners are still detained at the Mianning County Detention Center.
Mianning County Detention Center: 86-834-6722167
24. [Fangzheng County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Liu Hui and Mr. Liu Shuge Arrested
On June 13, 2008, Ms. Liu Hui from Minzhu Village, Fangzheng Town, Fangzheng County was arrested. On June 18, 2008, seven police officers from the Kuan County 610 Office broke into Mr. Liu Shuge's home and took an MP3 player and a satellite television receiver. Mr. Liu was arrested and taken to Kuan County.
25. [Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province] Many Practitioners Harassed and Arrested
On the morning of June 17, 2008, Ms. Li Fengzhen from Lalatun Village and another older practitioner were arrested by police officers from the Liucheng Town Police Station. On the same night, Mr. Yuan Zhenda from Yuantaizi Village was arrested at home by police officers from the Liucheng Town Police Station. In addition, many practitioners were harassed and forced to sign documents.
Liucheng Town Police Station: 86-421-2957934
26. [Tianjin City] Seventeen Practitioners from Dagang District Detained and Abused
27. [Suizhong County, Liaoning Province] Sentenced Practitioners Taken to Prison
It has been reported that practitioners who received sentences from Suizhong County were taken to prison on May 27, 2008. Ms. Yang Zhaoying and Ms. Zhou Yingchun were taken away at about 4:00 a.m. Other practitioners were also taken away in the morning. Ms. Tian Shaoyan and Ms. Wang Guifen were sentenced to forced labor and taken to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.
28. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Mr. Li Kangqing, Mr. Yan Liping, and Mr. Liu Fuyong Arrested
On the evening of June 14, 2008, Mr. Li Kangqing, Mr. Yan Liping, and Mr. Liu Fuyong were arrested by police officers from the State Security Division in Zhengzhou City. Their whereabouts are unknown.
29. [Hebei Province] Mr. Cai Shiwei, Teacher from No. 54 Middle School in Shijiazhuang City, Recently Arrested
30. [Beijing] Ms. Zong Arrested by Police Officers from Local 610 Office
Ms. Zong, in her sixties, lives on Lao Street, Xibalizhuang Community, Haidian District, Beijing. On June 18, 2008, she was arrested by police officers from the Enjizhuang Police Station and the Xibalizhuang 610 Office.
31. [Tianjin City] Ms. Wang Jiahua Detained in Caozhuangzi Detention Center
32. [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Chen Meilan Arrested
Practitioner Ms. Chen Meilan, from Jinxian County, Nanchang City, was arrested while she was distributing truth-clarifying materials on June 16, 2008.
33. [Chongqing City] Ms. Wang Liuzhen, Who was Missing for a Month, Confirmed to be Arrested
34. [Lushun City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Sun Liqing, 50, Arrested and His Home Searched--His Whereabouts Unknown
35. [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Officers Stake Out Ms. Yang Fengying's Home in Hopes of Arresting Practitioners
36. [Yueyang City, Hunan Province] Mr. Hu Heping Critically Ill Due to Abuse
On March 18, 2008, Mr. Hu Heping was arrested and taken to the No. 1 Detention Center in Yueyang City. By June 17, 2008, he had become critically ill due to abuse, but the authorities at the detention center refuse to release him. Instead, they attempted to extort 800 yuan from his family.
Mr. Hu has been arrested several times. He was deprived of sleep for seven consecutive days for refusing to write statements that renounce Falun Gong. He was also forced to stand facing a wall for long lengths of time. His term was extended by twenty days, and then again eight more days because he read Falun Gong articles.
37. [Liaoning Province] Ten Practitioners Now Detained in Panjin City Detention Center
On May 20, 2008, police officers from the State Security Division in Panjin City arrested several practitioners. There are as many as ten practitioners detained at the Panjin City Detention Center. Among them, Ms. Liu Yanxia, Ms. Liu Yujun, Ms. Cao Yanjie, and Ms. Zhu Aizhen were sentenced to one year of forced labor. Mr. Wang Haisheng was tortured by having bamboo sticks shoved under his fingernails. He went on a hunger strike to protest the abuse. Ms. Qi Hongyu was hit on the head and she developed a lump the size of an egg.
38. [Chongqing City] Ms. Sun Zhaohua Detained in Chongqing Women Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Sun Zhaohua, 64, is a retired worker from the Insecticide Factory in Chongqing City. After she was arrested on May 15, 2008, she was detained at the Baihelin Detention Center in Shapingba District. Later she was transferred to Chongqing Women's Forced Labor Camp
39. [Anqing City, Anhui Province] Mr. Yao Yuejing Arrested in Late May, 2008
40. [Dazhu County, Sichuan Province] Ms. Zhang Nengmin Arrested
After the large-scale arrest of practitioners on April 1, 2008, Ms. Zhang Nengmin became homeless to avoid further persecution, and on June 10, 2008, she returned home. On June 12, 2008, she was arrested by police officers from the local State Security Division and 610 Office. She is now detained in the Dazhu County Detention Center.
41. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zuo Gang and Mr. Song Yanjin Taken to Harbin City
Mr. Zuo Gang and Mr. Song Yanjin, practitioners from Harbin City, were arrested on May 8, 2008. On June 18, 2008, they were taken back to Harbin City from Longjiang County Detention Center by police officers from the Daowai Police Department.
42. [Qinglong County, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Yueqin and Her Daughter Ms. Li Li Arrested
On the afternoon of June 14, 2008, three police officers from the Qinglong Town Police Station broke into and searched Ms. Li Li's home. Nothing was found in the search, but Ms. Wang Yueqin and Ms. Li Li were arrested and detained in the Qinglong County Detention Center.
Qinglong Town Police Station: 86-335-7862726
43. [Jixian County, Heilongjiang] A Practitioner from 93 Village Arrested
On June 14, 2008, a practitioner from 93 Village was reported to the police for distributing truth-clarifying materials and arrested. Currently, she is detained in the Jixian County Detention Center.
44. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Xiao Qingai and Her Granddaughter Arrested--Their Whereabouts Unknown
45. [Shifang City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Yang Shuhua Arrested in Tibetan Autonomous Region
Ms. Yang Shuhua and her daughter, practitioners from Shifang City, went to Lizhi County in Tibet to visit their relatives and clarify the truth. At about 10:00 a.m. on June 9, 2008, local police officers broke into their relatives' home and arrested them. They are detained in Lhasa City Detention Center.
46. [Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Ms. Liu Surong Arrested
At about 1:00 a.m. on June 17, 2008, Ms. Liu Surong from Xuetian Township, Tuquan County was arrested at home by police officers from the Xuetian Township Police Station.
47. [Tianjin City] Ms. Lu Lanzhi, 57, Arrested and Detained in Banqiao Women's Forced Labor Camp
48. [Zhuolu County, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Xiaoning Recently Arrested at His Workplace--His Whereabouts Unknown
49. [Liangshan Yi Autonomous Prefecture, Sichuan Province] Several Practitioners Harassed and Arrested by Police Officers from State Security Division
On June 4, 2008, Ms. Zhu Yuqiong, 74, a retired worker from the People's Hospital, was arrested by police officers from the State Security Division and detained in a detention center. The next day, police officers searched her home and confiscated a satellite TV receiver, Dafa books and other property.
Since June 5, 2008, police officers from the State Security Division and guards from the detention center have gone to the home of Ms. Hu Zecong, 60, several times a day to harass her. They confiscated her ID card by deceiving her and also by hiring thugs to monitor her. At 3:00 p.m. on June 13, 2007, she was arrested by seven police officers at the home of a fellow practitioner.