(Clearwisdom.net) On May 18, 2008, Ms. Yu Zhiying, a Falun Gong practitioner from the Zhenhai District of Ningbo City, Zhejiang Province, was reported to the authorities as she clarified the truth at a food market. She was then once again arrested by the Zhenhai police and illegally imprisoned. She will likely face illegal sentencing. Meanwhile, her daughter in junior high school and her husband who had previously been slandered by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) are now facing harassment and illegal confiscation of the family's property.

After Ms. Yu began practicing Falun Dafa in 1996, she strengthened her character. As a result, her family life and business have been prosperous. The hepatitis that troubled her for many years also vanished.

In protest of the CCP's persecution of Falun Gong, Ms. Yu went to Beijing to appeal and clarify the truth. She was illegally arrested and sent to Zhenhai Detention Center in Ningbo City for nearly six months. After she was released, she remained under Zhenhai police monitoring, and she was also subjected to short term detention from time to time. Her husband held a low-level office at the Zhenhai Agricultural Bank and was poisoned by the CCP's slanderous propaganda. He frequently interfered with Ms Yu's practice of Falun Gong and was absolutely obedient to police orders. When she was in the forced labor camp, he threatened her with divorce several times.

When her daughter was in the fifth grade, Ms. Yu Zhiying was arrested by officers from the Zhenhai District Police Department. The police also harassed her family members many times and illegally confiscated family property (including computers, printers, etc). Because her husband submitted Falun Gong books and truth clarification materials, which provided so-called "evidence," to the Zhenhai Court, Ms. Yu was sent to Hangzhou's Moganshan Forced Labor Camp for one and a half years after her one-month detention at the Zhenhai police station.

Ms. Yu's physical condition got worse day after day, but after resuming her practice of Falun Gong her health was restored. However, when she was spreading truth-clarifying materials she was once again arrested by the Zhenhai police. During the illegal interrogation,

the police use slander, bribery, and threats, including such tactics as declaring that someone else had already reported the truth, in order to force her to "confess." CCP agents also conspired with the head of the company that Ms. Yu worked for to dismiss her from her job.

About three weeks into her illegal detention, she was sentenced to another two and a half years and was sent to Hangzhou Women's Prison. During her detention, police from Zhenhai subjected her to force-feeding, and relatives were not allowed to visit her. During this time Ms. Yu's father passed away in grief and indignation.

Director: 86-574-86269009
Deputy Director: 86-574-86269899, 86-574-86268299, 86-574-86265999

May 20, 2008