(Clearwisdom.net) Nine years ago, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began its persecution of Falun Gong practitioners, and the lives of countless kind-hearted people and happy families were damaged. The suffering endured by Mr. Yu Li's family is a prime example of this unprecedented persecution.

Mr. Yu Li, 39 years old, is from Aokousi, Xinyuan District, Hanzhong City, of the Shaanxi Province. He was physically weak and frequently ill throughout his childhood, and could not take part in regular work activities. Medical treatments failed to have any effect on him, and he nearly lost his will to live. In 1997, Mr. Yu Li began to practice Falun Gong, and quickly recovered his health. His wife, Ms. Xia Jiangyan witnessed the wonder and beyond-normal effectiveness of Dafa, and also began to practice Falun Gong. After July 20, 1999 when Jiang Zemin's gang began their persecution of Falun Gong, Mr. Yu's family lived in fear.

During July of 2002, Qi Hanxin and other officers from the Mianxian Police Department and Xinyuan Police Station arrested Mr. Yu Li. The day after Mr. Yu's arrest, Li Youzhi and officers from the National Security Section of the Hantai Police Sub-department arrested Ms. Xia. At that time, their daughter Yu Ying was only 2 years old.

At the Hantai Detention Center, the prison guards incited drug addicts and other prisoners to pour cold water over Ms. Xia for extended periods of time. Cai Xiaohua, Tang Hongmei and 7 others physically abused Ms. Xia and continually stomped on her with their feet. The guards knocked her to the ground then immediately pulled her up in order to continue the beatings. Ms. Xia was severely bruised and injured; her face bled and the ribs in her left chest were broken. Finally, the prison guards worried that Ms. Xia would die if their torture continued, so she was released from custody. In October of 2002 when Ms. Xia's health had recovered slightly, the Hanzhong City 610 Office arrested Ms. Xia again, and sent her to a brainwashing center.

Mr. Yu Li was unjustly sentenced to two years of forced labor. In April of 2004, he was released from the Zaozihe Forced Labor Camp, but was severely underweight as a result of the torture and starvation. He was unable to walk, and his face was discolored from bruising. He had blood clots on his back and buttocks. There was fluid in his lung cavity, and he suffered continuous coughing and blood in his stool. Mr. Yu's life was clearly in danger.

Mr. Yu Li's family had been continually under surveillance. Li Zonglin from the Xinyuan Township Judiciary Office visited Ms. Xia's work place on a regular basis to harass and keep watch on her. He also threatened her son and mother-in-law, keeping them both in a state of constant fear.

Mr. Yu Li's daughter Yu Ying attended elementary school. Because her parents practiced Falun Gong, she was physically abused daily by her teacher. She was detained at school during lunch time in order to starve her.

People who were involved in the persecution of Mr. Yu Li's family include:

Ren Yuping: Head of the Hanzhong City "610 Office"

Ma Ping'an: Head of the National Security Division, Hantai Police Sub-department, Hangzhong City Police Department: 86-13891600666 (Cell)

Li Youzhi, Head of the National Security Division, Hantai Police Sub-department, Hanzhong Police Department: 86-13992635568 (Cell)

Men Quanxiu, Policeman from the Hantai District Detention Center

Qi Hanxin, Head of the Xinyuan Police Station, Hanzhong City

Li Zonglin, Head of the Xinyuan Township Judiciary Office, Hanzhong City: 86-13892667795, 86-13992667795, 86-13892669975 (Cell)