Additional Persecution News from China - May 6, 2008 (16 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Todays' News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 16 cities and counties in 10 provinces. In this report, 8 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 11 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Xilinhaote City, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Li Yufen Lost Partial Use of Her Lungs as a Result of Persecution
Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Li Yufen from Xilinhaote City has been detained in the First Division of Huhehaote City Women's Forced Labor Camp since May 2007. She is very weak due to the persecution. The medical diagnostics at the hospital showed that she has lost partial use of her lungs, however, the labor camp refuses to release her.
Recently, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Ji Yunzhi from Balinzuo Flag, Guchifeng, was also sent to the Huhehaote City Women's Forced Labor Camp.
2. [Shihezi City, Xinjiang] Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Zhao Aijun Holds a Hunger Strike to Protest the Persecution
Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Zhao Aijun from Shihezi, in his 30s, was arrested on February 14, 2006, after having been forced to become homeless and destitute in order to avoid being arrested at home. The Shihezi Middle Court sentenced him to ten years of imprisonment. He was inhumanly tortured many times in the Xinjiang No. 5 Prison. In order to protest the persecution, Mr. Zhao has been on a hunger strike for many days. He is currently in a dangerous situation.
3. [Bin County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Wang Yuping and Ms. Song Yulian Persecuted
Chang Jianmin (Chief of the Shengli Town police station) arrested Ms. Wang Yuping while she was clarifying the truth in Shengli Town on April 5, 2008. She was released after 5000 yuan was extorted from her family.
On April 21, 2008, personnel from the Shengli Town Police Station arrested Ms. Song Yulian and took her to the Bin County Detention Center. She had gone to the police station to clarify the truth to the people there. They searched her home and confiscated Falun Dafa materials, and she has now been detained.
Shengli Town Police Station: 86-451-57935010
4. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Xu Hui Has Been on Hunger Strike for Seven Months in Masanjia--Guards Have Force-Fed Her Many Times
5. [Zhangqiu City, Shandong Province] 71-year-old Mr. Zhang Mingfang Arrested
Mr. Zhang Mingfang, 71, is a retired employee of Bucun Coal Mine in Zhangqiu City. On April 26, 2008, someone reported him to the police while he was clarifying the truth at the entrance of Xiwanghei Village Elementary School in Wenzu Town. Police from the Wenzu Police Station arrested him. They are now detaining him in the Zhangqiu City Detention Center.
6. [Huangshi City, Hubei Province] Mr. Chen Jun, Ms. Fei Jingfang and Mr. Gui Lixin Transferred to Hongshan, Wuhan City
Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Chen Jun, Ms. Fei Jingfang and Mr. Gui Lixin were detained in the Huangshi City No. 1 Detention Center. About two weeks before this report, they were transferred to Hongshan, Wuhan City.
Practitioner Ms. He Guoping from Huangshi City was detained in the Huangshi City No. 1 Detention Center for 13 months. On April 29, 2008, she was released.
7. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Jiang Shaofeng Arrested
Mr. Jiang Shaofeng is a Falun Gong practitioner from Guangzhou City Railroad Bureau. On the morning of April 15, 2008, the public security director of the railroad bureau and the local police took him away before he went to work. They also searched his home.
Shadong Police Station: 86-20-37236252
8. [Fuzhou City, Fujian Province] Falun Gong Practitioners Ms. Li Liqin and Ms. Chen Xiaohong Arrested
On the morning of May 4, 2008, Police from the Huada Police Station in Fuzhou City arrested Fuzhou Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Li Liqin on her way home from work and searched her home. They confiscated her desktop computer, laptop computer, printer and satellite receiver, etc.
On the afternoon of May 4, 2008, police from the Huada Police Station rushed into the home of practitioner Ms. Chen Xiaohong and searched the home, and took her away.
9. [Gongcheng County, Guangxi Province] Practitioners Mr. Lin Gangping and Mr. Qi Junyun Arrested
Mr. Lin Gangping, 32, is a Falun Gong practitioner from Gongcheng County. Someone reported him because he installed a satellite dish to receive programs of New Tang Dynasty TV Station (NTDTV). On April 28, 2008, he was arrested by police from the Gongcheng County Police Department.
They also arrested Mr. Qi Junyun, 39, because he helped others to install satellite dishes to receive NTDTV programs.
10. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Zhou Jinghua Arrested at Home on the Morning of April 15, 2008, and Her Home Was Searched
11. [Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Wu Wenfeng's Pension Stopped
Mr. Wu Wenfeng, in his 50s, is a blind Falun Gong practitioner in Youhao District, Yichun City. On December 2007, the Yichu City 610 Office stopped the payment of his pension.
12. [Nanyang City, Henan Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Yu Quanzhen Sent to Forced Labor Camp
Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Yu Quanzhen lives in Sheqi County, Nanyang City. On March 11, 2008, police from the Xiawa Township Police Station, Sheqi County, arrested her. In April 2008, she was sent to the Shibalihe Women's Forced Labor Camp in Henan Province to serve a one year term.
Yang Zhenwei, chief of Xiawa Township Police Station: 86-13949302628
Li Changhe, deputy chief of Xiawa Township Police Station: 86-13837754396
13. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] The Home of Practitioner Ms. Meng Qingying Searched
Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Meng Qingying lives in Changqing, Ranghulu District, Daqing City. On the morning of May 5, 2008, police from the Changqing Police Station and Longgang Police Department searched her home and took Dafa books, Master's pictures, truth-clarifying CDs, about 1000 yuan in cash, and other personal property.
14. [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Chen Ying Sentenced to One Year of Forced Labor
Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Chen Ying lives in Shizhong District, Jinan City. In April 2008, someone reported her, and the police arrested her while she clarified the truth to others. She was detained in the Jinan City Legal System Center, and has since been transferred to a women's prison for a one-year term.
15. [Huizhou City, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Ms. Liao Caitian Persecuted
On the afternoon of March 15, 2008, eight policemen rushed into Ms. Liao Caitian's home and searched it. Ms. Liao Caitian, 70, has been detained five times since the persecution began in 1999, and has had her home searched four times.
16. [Tonghua County, Jilin Province] The CCP Persecutes Falun Gong Practitioners in the Name of the Olympic Games
On the morning of April 30, the CCP committee of Tonghua County held an expanded meeting. Pang Qingbo, party security person of Tonghua County defamed Falun Gong in the meeting, claiming that Falun Gong practitioners resisted the Olympic Games, etc. He required the companies that had Falun Gong practitioners to sign statements of responsibility. This was required to facilitate the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.