(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhu Xia, 36 years old, is a practitioner from Chengdu City, Sichuan Province. Officials from the local 610 Office and police station arrested Ms. Zhu, detained her, sentenced her to forced labor, and sent her to a brainwashing center. Ms. Zhu suffered a mental collapse due to persecution. After she was released in April 2004, officers from the Fuqin Police Station continued to harass her and kept her whole family under surveillance. Ms. Zhu's mental condition further deteriorated.

High Resolution Picture
Ms. Zhu Xia before the persecution
High Resolution Picture
Ms. Zhu after the persecution

Recently, Ms. Zhu's family sent her out of town to recuperate. After officers from the Fuqin Police Station (formerly the Guangrong Residential Area Police Station) learned about this, they notified the Rangtang County Education Bureau, where Mr. Zhu's mother Ms. Ni Qinghui had worked before retirement. They had the bureau stop her pension simply because they were not notified about Ms. Zhu's departure. This caused great financial difficulty for Ms. Zhu's family, since her husband had already closed his small shop in order to take care of her. Her son had to drop out of school.

Ms. Zhu's family lives at No. 5 Xingrong Xiang, Building 4, Unit 3, #1, in the Guangrong Residential Area in Chengdu City. After the persecution of Falun Gong started, He Yuanfu (male), an official from the Guangrong Residential Area 610 Office, tried different ways to keep Ms. Zhu under surveillance. She was followed whenever she went out and on sensitive dates when they were afraid of Falun Gong practitioners appealing. Police cars were parked at her building's gate, and officers guarded the back door. In April 2001, police arrested Ms. Zhu when her baby was just one year old. After four months of detention, she was sentenced to forced labor and sent to the Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp. She suffered all kinds of brutal torture in the labor camp, such as being forced to stand facing the wall all night; made to sit straight all day; deprived of the right to go to the restroom; forbidden to bathe, wash her clothes or change during her menstrual cycle; and constant verbal abuse. During the summer, Ms. Zhu and other practitioners were forced to stand under the baking sun. During the winter, they were forced to stay outside to suffer the bitter cold. Zhang Xiaofang, a female camp guard, once pulled Ms. Zhu's hair back and threw her head against a wall repeatedly. After the guard got tired, she ordered an inmate to continue the torture. She screamed, "I'll hit your head so hard that you'll get a concussion and lose your mind."

On October 27, 2002, Ms. Zhu was released after her forced labor term expired. However, He Yuanfu picked up Ms. Zhu from the labor camp and took her to the Pi County Brainwashing Center to continue her detention and torture for five more months. In the middle of March 2003, Ms. Zhu came home. By then, Ms. Zhu was skin and bones and disfigured. On June 9, 2003, she suddenly disappeared. It was learned that she had been abducted by He Fuyuan and his staff and then detained in the Pengzhou Brainwashing Center. At that time, Ms. Zhu started showing symptoms of hallucinations and muttering nonsense. However, He Yuanfu refused to release her. Instead, he transferred her to the Pi County Brainwashing Center and the Xinjin County Brainwashing Center for further persecution. In Pi County, she was displayed on the street for public humiliation. On April 2, 2004, Ms. Zhu was released, but she had suffered a complete mental breakdown by then. She cried, laughed, cursed and pounded on doors or windows day and night. She spread her feces and urine all over the place. She tore up a quilt to get the cotton out to cover herself. She often covered her head with her hands and cried, "Are you going to rape me?"

Her husband was also severely persecuted. He was sentenced to forced labor three times. Even under these circumstances, the officials from the local 610 Office still monitored her family and limited their freedom. They went to her home to harass and threaten them. Ms. Zhu's father, who had already suffered psychosis and heart and lung disorders from the Cultural Revolution, was unable to bear the pressure and passed away.

Police from the Fuqin Police Station actively participated in persecuting Falun Gong. On August 2, 2007, and in early 2008, they arrested practitioners Mr. Jiang Zonglin, Ms. Zhong Fangqiong, Ms. Zhang Weihua, and others. Although the court ruled that Ms. Zhang Weihua should be released because there was insufficient evidence, the police still took her to the brainwashing center for further persecution.

Related government agencies and individuals:
Xie Shinong, official of the Fuqin Street Residential Committee 610 Office in Jinniu District, Chengdu City
Fuqin Police Station: 86-28-87784291
Li Hongping, director of Fuqin Police Station
Li Yuanji, deputy director of Fuqin Police Station