Ms. Li Fengying, Native of Jianyang City, Sichuan Province, Dies in Chengdu City

Ms. Li Fengying, who was in her 50's, was retired from the Jiancheng Town Credit Union in Jianyang City, Sichuan Province. Ms. Li moved to the Tongzilin neighborhood in Chengdu City after she retired in 2006. At the end of March 2007, Ms. Li accompanied her husband on a business trip to Pengzhou City. She was reported to the police when she was distributing truth clarification materials in front of the Pengzhou City Political and Judiciary Committee. She was detained at the local brainwashing center, where officers slapped her in the face. Ms. Li was released 15 days later. After that she was placed under restriction and constantly harassed by officers of the Tongzilin Police Station and members of the neighborhood committee. She was not allowed to freely leave home or practice the Falun Gong exercises. She was placed under tremendous mental pressure. Consequently, Ms. Li suffered a relapse of old illnesses and died on July 20, 2007.

Three Practitioners Die as a Result of Persecution in Hebei Province and Tianjin City

Ms. Zou Guofeng lived in Nan'guan Township, Fengning County, Chengde District, Hebei Province. She was in good health when she was arrested at home by the police from the Fengning County Police Department on September 8, 2005. Her family was told to take care of Ms. Zou at the county hospital 13 days later. The family rushed to the hospital and found out that Ms. Zou was mentally unstable. The police paid 1,000 yuan for her hospital admission, and then disappeared. The family raised money for her treatment by selling all they could spare and by borrowing a lump sum of money. The condition of Ms. Zou did not improve after a year of treatment. Ms. Zou died at the age of 52 in October 2006 .

Ms. Zhang Hanping, in her 40s, lived in the Wuqing area of Tianjin City. She was arrested while putting up truth clarification posters in the Baodi District in April 2004. She was then sentenced to three and a half years in prison. While she was jailed in the Tianjin Prison, Ms. Zhang was subjected to brainwashing and physical abuse. She suffered from diabetes and pancreatitis after she was released in 2007. Ms. Zhang died on April 30, 2008.

Ms. Li Honglan, 43, lived in the Wuqing area of Tianjin City, where she was detained many times. During her two detentions in 2003, she was brutally force-fed. She was released after becoming critically ill. The Wuqing District Court sentenced Ms. Li to six years in prison. She escaped and became homeless. She never recovered from her suffering in the detention center. Ms. Li died in March 2008.