(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Huang Xiyan, 32 years old, started practicing Falun Gong in December 1997. Since Jiang Zemin, the former leader of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), and his gang began persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Ms. Huang and her immediate family, as well as her relatives, have undergone great suffering. Ms. Huang's husband, Li Zhenming, was an employee of a state-owned company in Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province. Because of their belief in Falun Gong, they were both laid off by their companies, and their house was confiscated. Both of them were illegally arrested. Ms. Huang was sent to the Sanshui Labor Camp in Guangdong Province, and her husband was later illegally sentenced to 10 years in prison.

On November 7, 2000, in order to tell people about the truth of the persecution of Falun Gong, Ms. Huang and her husband, along with Yang Xiaolan, Rao Licong, Wang Hongjun, and others, totaling nine practitioners from Shenzhen City, went to distribute truth-clarification materials in neighboring cities and counties. They were discovered by police from Shunde City. Ms. Huang's husband, Li Zhenming, and another practitioner were able to escape. The other seven practitioners were arrested. They were illegally detained in Leliu Detention Center for 40 days, where they were interrogated, intimidated, and forced to do hard labor. Ms. Huang was later illegally transferred to a labor camp and detained there for one and a half years, and the other practitioners were detained for two years.

Huang Xiyan and other Falun Gong practitioners were later sent to the Sanshui Women's Labor Center of Guangdong Province. There she was insulted by the guards who forcibly cut her hair, forced her to wear a prisoner's uniform and a "badge." The guards also arranged other prisoners to monitor her behavior 24 hours a day, and forced her to watch videotapes which were full of lies and slander about Falun Gong. Because Ms. Huang refused to renounce Falun Gong, the guards didn't allow her to go to sleep or use the bathroom. They abused her and completely deprived her of her freedom.

The guards even shocked and beat Ms. Huang with an electric baton. They tried to make her insult the founder of Falun Gong, Master Li, in exchange for letting her use the bathroom. They didn't allow her to go to sleep for 24 hours, and they also illegally extended her detention term by seven months. During the two-plus years in the labor camp, the guards attempted to "transform" Ms. Huang every day, causing her severe physical and psychological harm.

When she was released, the police called Ms. Huang's mother, who lived thousands of miles away in Hubei Province, to come to Guangdong Province to pick up her daughter.

When Ms. Huang returned to Shenzhen City, she started looking for her husband, Li Zhenming. She was told that he had been arrested by police from the Futian Public Security Bureau, and he had been illegally sentenced to 10 years in prison. Their house was also confiscated by their work units. Her mother was worried about Huang Xiyan being alone so she decided to stay with her. At the age of 60-plus, in order to survive, she was forced to find a job..

During very difficult times, they cleaned and ate discarded vegetables from the garbage in order to save money for her husband in prison,. They have withstood all manner of suffering just to let the world's people know the truth of the persecution of Falun Gong and in the hopes that they will help put an end to this brutal persecution launched by the CCP.