Additional Persecution News from China - April 14, 2008 (32 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's report relates persecution incidents that took place in 25 cities or counties in 12 provinces. Forty-three Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to brutal mistreatment during detention, and at least 27 practitioners were "illegally arrested".
1. [Renqiu City, Hebei Province] Mr. Jiang Qiulai and Ms. Li Yaozong Sentenced to Four Years in Prison
Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Jiang Qiulai has been held in the Renqiu City Detention Center for several months. He was force-fed and severely tortured. When he could no longer walk, police allowed Mr. Jiang's family to post bail for his release for medical treatment. He could not take care of himself. Mr. Jiang's family took him for a physical examination and found that he has sustained four broken ribs.
Practitioner Mr. Li Yaozong's family went to the detention center to request Mr. Li's release on April 11, 2008. The judge in charge of Mr. Li and Mr. Jiang's cases told them that the two had been sentenced to four years in prison.
2. [Ji'an City, Jilin Province] Ms. Lu Yongzhen and Mr. Qin Huaibin Held in a Detention Center
Fifty-three-year-old Ms. Lu Yongzhen and 38-year-old Mr. Qin Huaibin from Jiapigou Village are presently being held in the Ji'an City Detention Center. Ms. Lu has been on a hunger strike for several days.
3. [Shenzhou City, Hebei Province] Several Practitioners Sentenced to Forced Labor or Imprisonment
Shenzhou City Police Department personnel and Shenzhou City Court agents sentenced four practitioners to forced labor. They are Ms. Bai Ruixian, Ms. Zhang Junmei, Ms. Wang Xiuqing, and Ms. Wang Lifang.
Four practitioners were given prison sentences. Ms. Li Xiaolan was sentenced to four years in prison; Ms. Wang Qinghui, four years; Ms. Zhang Zhimei, three and a half years; Ms. Zhang Yun, three years; and Ms. Lu Shunli, three years.
4. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Several Practitioners' Homes Ransacked
Personnel from the Muchun Town Police Station and from the 610 Office in the Fangzi District, Weifang City, have persecuted practitioners relentlessly. They ransacked the homes of Mr. Wang Zongrui, Mr. Liang and Mr. Wang Zonguang in Bozhuang Village several days ago. They ransacked Ms. Du Guifen's home on April 5, 2008, confiscating all Dafa books and extorted 6,000 yuan from her. They also ransacked two other practitioners' homes, but found nothing.
Yu Ting, one of the Fangzi District 610 Office heads: 86-536-7608610 (Office), 86-536-7918896 (Home), 86-13906369997 (Cell)
Yu Wenke, a 610 Office heads: 86-536-7602231 (Home), 86-13863638517 (Cell)
Li Long, Police Department chief: 86-536-7691010 (Office), 86-13605367737 (Cell)
5. [Pingdu City, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Baoyun Has Been Held More Than Six Months
Personnel from the Huangdao Police Station followed and arrested Ms. Zhang Baoyun from Pingdu City on September 26, 2007, when she was on the highway between Pingdu City and Gaomi City. The police initially put her in the Hainan Street Police Station. They eventually transferred Ms. Zhang to the Qingdao City Detention Center, where she has been held more than six monoths. Police denied her family visit. Ms. Zhang's case has been submitted to the Huangdao Procuratorate for the second time.
Jiang Xiande, Huangdao Procuratorate officer: 86-532-83012356 (Office)
6. [Jian'ou City, Fujian Province] Ms. Zhang Xueyin Illegally Detained at Nanping Detention Center
Huang Jiatian and others from the Nanping Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Zhang Xueyin on February 20, 2008. The arrest took place when Ms. Zhang was clarifying the facts about Falun Gong and someone reported her to the police. She is being detained at the Nanping Detention Center. Yanping District Court held a trial for her on April 14.
7. [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zu Chunlei's Home Ransacked
Mr. Zu Chunlei lives in No. 01-05 Apartment, No. 4 Building in the Shuiquan Community, Shanhaiguan City. Three policemen broke into his home on March 9, 2008, followed by the Shanhaiguan City Police Department's No.1 Section Chief Zhang Deyue and other officers. They ransacked his home and confiscated some Dafa books, Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials, and a personal phone book.
8. [Hanchuan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Shu Yulan Arrested
Ms. Shu Yulan from Hanchuan City, who ran a business in Shaoxing City, Zhejiang Province, was arrested in the Shiqiao District, Shaoxing City, on April 5, 2008.
9. [Jidong County, Heilongjiang Province] Personnel from the Domestic Security Division Arrested Ms. Shi Xiaochun on the Night of April 10, 2008
10. [Changsha City, Hunan Province] Three Practitioners Arrested
Ms. Deng Qingxiang, Mr. Liu Guorong, and Ms. Li Zhihong were arrested on March 28, 2008. Ms. Deng has been released, but the other two were still in detention.
11. [Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
Personnel from the Lusong District Police Department's Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Yu Yingzhu from her workplace in the Zhuzhou City Steel Company on the morning of April 9, 2008. Police interrogated her using torture. Ms. Yu's hand and feet were covered with bruises and swollen as a result. She was taken to Liling County, Zhuzhou City, for further detention.
Ms. Yu has been held in detention centers and mental hospitals for persecution since 1999. She has been sentenced to forced labor twice and held in the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp. Ms. Yu was release from the forced labor camp in March 2007.
Police also arrested several other practitioners around April 9, 2008. A Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials production site was damaged.
Lusong District Police Department's Political Security Section in Zhuzhou City: 86-733-8683508; Security Division: 86-733-8683535
12. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Cao Dejun Sentenced to One Year of Forced Labor and Held in the Fushun City Forced Labor Camp
13. [Guizhou Province] Several Practitioners Sentenced
Police arrested Ms. Yao Maoyuan, Ms. Chen Huamei, Ms. Zhang Sanmei, Ms. Qiu Bizhen, Ms. Li Denghong, and Ms. Liu Julian from Yuping County. They were sentenced on March 28, 2008.
14. [Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province] Police Arrested Ms. Xiong Dongying and Ms. Du Putao
Personnel from the Xiushui County Police Department's Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Xiong Dongying from Xiushui County, Jiujiang City, on March 21, 2008. The arrest happened when Ms. Xiong explained the facts about Falun Gong at the entrance to the county's Chinese Medicine Hospital.
Police arrested Ms. Du Putao from her home on the night of March 21, 2008. She is being held in the county detention center.
15. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Current Situation of Several Practitioners
Mr. Tan Yiwen from Qiuzigou Township in Suizhong County has been released.
Mr. Li Xiaoming was sentenced to one year of forced labor and admitted to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp on April 3, 2008.
The whereabouts of Ms. Zhou Yingchun, Ms. Shen Wenling, and Mr. Yang Zhaoying are unknown. It is heard that they are facing illegal trials.
16. [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Xu Yufeng Arrested
Police arrested Ms. Xu Yufeng when she distributed Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials in the Yinlong Garden Community in Nanjing City. They ransacked Ms. Xu's home and put her in Jiangdongmen Detention Center in Nanjing City.
17. [Heilongjiang Province] Several Practitioners Transferred to the Daqing City Prison
Several practitioners were transferred from the Hulan City Prison to the Daqing City Prison in early April. They are:
Mr. Huang Tiebo from Acheng City, sentenced to three years, held in the prison's No. 7 Division;
Mr. Shi Baosheng, an employee of the Daqing City Oil Extraction No. 4 Company, was sentenced to five years, held in the No. 2 Division;
Mr. Su Taiqi from Wuchang City, 59 years old, was sentenced to three years in prison, held in the prison's No. 2 Division;
Mr. Zhao Shifeng from Xinzhao Village, Zhaoyuan County, 36 years old, was sentenced to five years, held in the prison's No. 3 Division;
Mr. Na Zibo, 51 years old, from Wuchang City, was sentenced to eight years, held in the prison's No. 3 Division;
Mr. Han Defa from Daqing City was sentenced to three years, is held in Hulan Prison.
18. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Yao Meng Arrested
Mr. Yao Meng, 36 years old, is a doctor in the Ear-Nose-Throat Department in the Jinzhou City Taihe Hospital. He was put in the Linghe Police Station on the afternoon of April 12, 2008 and then sent to the city's No. 2 Detention Center.
Liu Xiaogang, Jinzhou City Linghe Police Station Chief: 86-416-2133135, 86-416-2124624
Jinzhou City No. 2 Detention Center Administration Office: 86-416-4588652
19. [Linqu County, Shandong Province] Ms. Dou Yuling Was Arrested on April 10, 2008
20. [Shandong Province] Several Practitioners Arrested in Changyi City
Personnel from the 610 Office and from the Kuiju Police Station arrested Ms. Wang Naihua from her home in Xifengzhui Village on Kuiju Street at 7:00 a.m. on April 10, 2008. Personnel from the police station also arrested eight practitioners from Wuli Village. Several of them have been released.
Five practitioners from Longchi Township were arrested, and three of them have been released. One of the families had 30,000 yuan extorted from them.
21. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Sui from Anshan Street No. 2 in the Sifang District Arrested on April 12, 2008
22. [Handan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Jiao Shuzhen Arrested on March 21, 2008; Facing Illegal Trial
Shang Qingwen, Hanshan District Police Department in Handan City: 86-310-3125999 (Office), 86-13932081168 (Cell)
Lu Yinghai, Domestic Security Division chief: 86-310-3125361 (Office), 86-13315083138 (Cell)
23. [Yishui County, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Guirong Arrested
Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Guirong from Qianwen Village, Zhuge Town, Yishui County lived away from in 2007. Personnel from the town's Comprehensive Administration Office and from the town's police station arrested Ms. Wang on April 11, 2008. She is currently being held in a detention center.
24. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Liu Yingxu Stages a Hunger Strike
Mr. Liu Yingxu, held in the Xinjin Brainwashing Center, started a hunger strike on March 30, 2008 to protest the persecution.
25. [Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Mr. Yang Xingcai and His Wife Ms. Ju Fangling Arrested
Personnel from the Jiuzhai Township Police Station and from the Mengyin County 610 Office arrested Mr. Yang Xingcai and his wife Ms. Ju Fangling in Xipengwu Village on April 9, 2008.
Li Baoyuan, Mengyin County 610 Office: 86-539-4811681 (Office), 86-539-4279189 (Home), 86-13953918936 (Cell)
Mengyin County 610 Office deputy head: 86-13173095056 (Cell)
Wang Wei, Mengyin County 610 Office: 86-13563979797 (Cell)
26. [Langfang City, Hebei Province] Personnel from the Jiuzhou Town Police Station Arrested Mr. Zhang Hongjun and Ms. Xu Dianxia
Personnel from the Guangyang District Police Department's No.1 Section and from the Jiuzhou Town Police Station arrested Mr. Zhang Hongjun and Ms. Xu Dianxia on April 9, 2008. They confiscated a computer and placed them in a brainwashing center. Ms. Xu's 70-year-old father was left at home unattended.
Guangyang District Domestic Security Division: 86-316-2333886
Jiuzhou Police Station: 86-316-2950024, 86-316-2950110,
You Changbo, chief: 86-13343065768
27. [Tumen City, Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Yaxian Arrested
Personnel from the Yuegong Police Station arrested Ms. Liu Yaxian, a teacher from the Tumen City Primary School, on the afternoon of April 11, 2008.
28. [Guang'an City, Sichuan Province] The Persecution of Ms. Chen Chaoqiong
Ms. Chen Chaoqiong from Guang'an City was arrested and her home ransacked in the middle of March 2008. She was sentenced to two and a half years in prison.
About ten practitioners from Baishi Town, Guang'an City were recently arrested.
29. [Yinan County, Shandong Province] The Persecution of Ms. Zhang Meilan and Mr. Ren Shuquan
Mr. Ren Shuquan from Tangzi Village, Andi Town, Yinan County, was sentenced to two years of forced labor. Mr. Ren did not pass the health check, so his family picked him up and took him home on April 4, 2008.
Ms. Zhang Meilan from Nuanquan Village, Andi Town, Yinan County, was sentenced to one year of forced labor. She was admitted to the Jinan City Women's Forced Labor Camp at 7:00 a.m. on April 10, 2008.
30. [Yinan County, Shandong Province] Mr. Liu Chenggui Sentenced to Forced Labor
Mr. Liu Chenggui was sentenced to two years of forced labor and was put in the Jinan City No. 2 Forced Labor Camp on April 10, 2008.
31. [Guang'an City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Tang Qizheng's Home Ransacked
Guang'an City Police Department political head Li and 11 officers from the Wansheng Police Station broke into Mr. Tang Qizheng's home on March 27, 2008. They ransacked Mr. Tang's two houses and attempted to arrest him. Bystanders who witnessed the ransacking criticized the police, so the authorities did not arrest Mr. Tang.
Local police ransacked Mr. Tang's home several times in 2003 and confiscated his personal belongings.
Du Yueping, Guang'an City Anti-Falun Gong Office: 86-826-2203669
Xia Peixing, Huaying City Anti-Falun Gong Office: 86-826-4830570
32. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhao Yuzhen Has Been Released
Ms. Zhao Yuzhen from Daqing City, who was arrested on February 21, 2008, has been released.