(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Guan Wenjiang was from Tongjiafang Village, Damintun Town in Xinmin City, Liaoning Province. He was tortured to death on August 5, 2002 at the Shenyang No.2 Prison. His family found his ears were deformed due to the beatings he sustained.

When Mr. Guan died, the 200 yuan in cash that he had in his pocket disappeared. The police also threatened his father, "Your son committed the crime of trying to overthrow the government." As Mr. Guan's father is a countryman, and is fearful of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), he dared only to cremate his son's remains.

After July 20, 1999, when the CCP started the persecution of Falun Dafa, police officers in Xinmin City detained Mr. Guan Wenjiang for 15 days because he did not give up his belief in Falun Dafa. Mr. Guan did not yield. The CCP officers of Damintun Town detained him again. Li Guiyuan (the town chief), Li Weihan and Pan Yongge called on Duan Xiaoyu and Chen Jiping, who has committed atrocities in Damintun Town. They tortured Mr. Guan Wenjiang for 4 months. Li Guiyuan's wife, Ms. Fu, advised Li that Falun Dafa practitioners are good people, and that they do not behave excessively. CCP officials in Damintun Town forced Mr. Guan Wenjiang's family members to pay for his release. Since the family was poor and had no money, the officials forced them to give their house as the deposit for releasing Mr. Guan.

After returning home, Mr. Guan found a job in Shenyang with the help of friends. However, not long afterwards, Li Weihan and Pan Yongge went to his home and asked for his whereabouts. They deceived Mr. Guan's father, saying, "We just want to know where Guan is. We will not arrest him." His kindhearted father told them his address.

Two days later, Li Weihan and Pan Yongge led policemen to Mr. Guan Wenjiang. They worked with local policemen to harass him. Mr. Guan was sent to Liaoyang to do forced labor. Not long after that, he was again detained by Liaoyang police officers. He did not report his name and was beaten half to death. Later he was sentenced to 13 years in prison. In Shenyang Prison, Mr. Guan did not give up his belief in Falun Dafa even though the guards tortured him. On August 5, 2002, Mr. Guan was tortured to death. He was only 33 years old.

Related article: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/9/11/52295.html