(Clearwisdom.net) On February 18, 2008, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhang Yuxia, who lived in Shanghai's Xuhui District Guilin Road, #70 Lane, 202 Shanghai Normal University Village, Room #1005, was illegally arrested while clarifying the truth. The current situation of her two sons, 5 and 3 years old, remains unknown. Back in 2007, Zhang Yuxia's husband Guo Shenghuan was sentenced to four years in prison for not giving up Falun Gong's principles of "Truthfulness, Benevolence, Forbearance".

Guo Shenghuan was a well-respected lecturer in the Mathematical Information Department at Shanghai Normal University. After the persecution started, because he practiced Falun Gong, the authorities at Shanghai Normal University stopped him from teaching and made arrangements for him to work in the library. They also failed him on his annual performance assessments and used that as an excuse to withhold his bonuses and salary. At around 8:00 a.m. on January 25, 2007, during work hours, Mr. Guo was led to Information Institute Vice President Gu Guoxiang's office, where he was arrested by police who were waiting for him. Witnesses said they used a bag to cover Mr. Guo's head and took him away. Soon he was sentenced to four years in prison. Mr. Guo is currently being detained in Tilanqiao Prison.

Zhang Yuxia used to teach at Shanghai Gubei High School. Because she did not give up her faith in Falun Gong, she was detained at the Qingpu Brainwashing Center. At the time, she was still nursing her baby. Later on in her hometown of Nantong City, she was put in illegal detention by Jiangsu police. Not long afterwards, she was fired from her job. At that time, her older son Guo Jingxian was just over one year old, and because she was pregnant with her second child, she was released from the forced labor camp. After returning home, Zhang Yuxia was often harassed and monitored by Shanghai Xuhui District Chinese Communist Party (CCP) agents.

On January 25, 2007, Ms. Zhang's husband Guo Shenghuan was arrested and taken to the Xuhui District Detention Center. Meanwhile, Zhang Yuxia was arrested while she was at Shanghai Hongqiao International School. Zhang Yuxia was detained for more than 10 hours, and the two little boys were not able to go home until after midnight. The next day, Zhang Yuxia was fired by Hongqiao International School. For a long time, while her husband was illegally detained in prison, Zhang Yuxia tutored in order to provide for her family and try to make ends meet. Later on she managed to find a new job, but even with a salary, she had to do more tutoring to cover the costs of raising two young sons.

After Guo Shenghuan was arrested, his father fell ill and passed away on May 19, 2007. After Zhang Yuxia's father heard that his son-in-law had been arrested, he felt tremendous pressure and suffered a stroke.

For a long time after September 29, 2007, CPP officials had Zhang Yuxia monitored 24 hours a day. Three policemen and seven Joint Defense Team members monitored Ms. Zhang on a rotating basis every day. A car was constantly parked outside her residence. Once on a public holiday, Zhang Yuxia brought her two sons to visit her mother-in-law, who lives in Xibing County. Someone called her at midnight to check if she had returned home, and the police went to harass her own mother's home in the middle of the night.

Not long after the 2008 New Year, Zhang Yuxia was arrested again. At present, no one knows where her two children are.

We hope that the international community will stand together against this persecution of innocent people, which has been recently intensified due to the CCP's using the Olympics as an excuse to escalate the persecution.

Units responsible for the persecution in Shanghai:

Shanghai Xuhui District Kangjianxin Village Police Station: 86-21-64362677
Shanghai Xuhui District Public Security Subdivision: 86-21-64868911Ext 37214, Ext 37217
Shanghai Public Security Bureau, Management Services: 86-21-58430022
Zhang Yuxia's Work unit when she was arrested: 86-21-62433243 Ext 106