(Clearwisdom.net) I am an older practitioner who started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996. During the years when Jiang Zemin started the barbarous persecution of Falun Gong, I made it through all kinds of tribulations. With Master's compassionate care, the dangers were always turned into safety. Here I just want to mention one of these incidents.

It happened one day near the beginning of winter in 2002. I was clarifying the truth about Dafa in the countryside when I was reported, tracked and illegally arrested by one hundred to two hundred people instigated by the 610 Office.

On the third evening after I was tracked down and arrested, I was able to escape from the mountain compound, which was surrounded by police. I jumped down from a steep cliff and sprained my left foot. With each step I took, I felt great pain beyond forbearance. With such difficulty in walking, I still had to stay away from the guards positioned at the thoroughfare. Very often I had to go through the woods and thorny undergrowth. I kept reciting Master's poems, "Righteous Thoughts and Righteous Actions," and "The Difficult Path to Godhood." When I came to the top of a huge mountain, it was already past midnight. When I looked around, the lights of the police cars and motorcycles that were patrolling were flickering in the breeze like fireflies. At places halfway up the mountain and on the thoroughfare leading to the base of the mountain, people were carrying lanterns and flashlights, guarding the area. I often heard the barking of police dogs in the deep mountains and woods. Not far away, a searchlight on top of the opposite mountain made the top of the mountain so bright it was like broad daylight. The situation was very urgent. I needed to leave this dangerous place as soon as possible.

Just after midnight, I went across the top of the mountain, sometimes traveling up and sometimes down. I started to break through on the south side from the top of the mountain to the base of the mountain. Because of the darkness before dawn, I could only feel my way towards the base of the mountain. When I came close to the mountain rocks and I looked down, there seemed to be a white path leading down the mountain. I was happy to see this and sat down on the rocks, thinking I would try to slide down alongside the rocks. However, I then had second thoughts. What if it was a mountain path that was disguised by demons? I might lose my life, and it would also ruin the reputation of Dafa. So I turned away to face the mountain rocks, using both hands to hold tightly onto a tree trunk as thick as a fist, and with my feet, I tried to feel for the path. However, my feet slipped, leaving my whole body hanging in the air off the cliff. About five minutes later, I could hardly hold on any longer. When I looked down, it was ghastly and absolutely terrifying. I realized that death was approaching me.

At that very moment of imminent peril, I suddenly recalled that I am a Dafa practitioner, who has Master to protect me. I would for sure be able to get back up to the mountain. What happened next was truly miraculous. With such a thought, I felt immediately that my whole body was full of strength. My hands held tightly to the tree trunk on the rocks. When I used all my strength to pull myself up, I felt that the lower part of my body was held up by someone. My body just turned over the rocks and back onto the mountain. I was saved. I knew that it was Master who was strengthening me, who simply held me up. Because I was hanging over a deep abyss and all my weight was supported by my two hands holding tight to the tree trunk, there was no way I could have gotten myself back onto the mountain using human strength alone. Suddenly there came in my heart boundless gratitude for Master's compassion, and tears just streamed down my cheeks. I said in my heart, "Master, as a disciple, I should cultivate diligently and return your compassion with righteous thoughts and righteous actions."

At dawn, with Master's guidance, I finally found the path down the mountain. After I reached the foot of the mountain, with fellow practitioners' help, I returned home safely, and continued to assist Master in rectifying the Fa and saving sentient beings.

This article describes the writer's true personal experience, which happened in the southeastern area of the Henggang Mountains of Meichuan Town, Wuxue City, Hubei Province.