Additional Persecution News from China - March 25, 2008 (32 Reports)
Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 27 cities and counties in 12 provinces. In this report, 17 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 46 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Liaoning Province] Shenyang Police Persecute Falun Gong Practitioners in the Name of the "Olympic Games"
On March 20, 2008, the Shenyang City Police Department called a meeting attended by the heads of all police stations, and conveyed messages from the upper authorities. The upper authorities are requiring them to closely monitor Falun Gong practitioners. There will be no consequences if Falun Gong practitioners and other people who appeal to the upper authorities before the Olympic Games, are directly beaten to death or disabled. If there are any problems in local areas, the police station head in that area will be relieved of his post immediately.
2. [Shuizhong County, Lining Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Tan Yiwen Arrested
In March 2008, Ms. Tan Yiwen from Qiuzigou Township, Shuizhong County was arrested. Her child studies in a high school in Shuizhong County. Now her child is at home alone, with no one to care for him/her.
Chen Weizhi, director of the Huludao City" 610 Office": 86-429-3157508, 86-13998954024
Xu Guoqiu, Party secretary of Shuizhong County Politics and Law Committee: 86-429-6138955, 86-13464516669
3. [Yushu City, Jilin Province] Falun Gong Practitioners Ms. Liu Fengbao and Ms. Song Chunling Arrested
Ms. Liu Fengbao lives in Zhuda Village, Baoshou Town, Yushu City. At 10:00 p.m. on March 17, 2008, the director of village public orders and security led police from the Baoshou Town Police Station, to break into her home. They searched her home, and confiscated Dafa materials and books. Ms. Liu Fengbao was taken to the Yushu City Detention Center.
Yitong Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Song Chunling went to care for her grandchild in her daughter's home at Zhuda Village, Baoshou Town, Yushu City on March 16, 2008, and Baoshou police took her away and confiscated about 5000 yuan in cash. Ms. Song Chunling is detained in the Yushu City Detention Center.
Baoshou Police Station: 86-431-83900110
Head of Baoshou Police Station: 86-13314307444
4. [Dehui City, Jilin Province] Officers from the Huifa Police Station Arrest Ms. Liu Guihua
At noon on March 17, 2008, police from the Huifa Police Station went to Dehui Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liu Guihua's home, and took her away. The police also took some of her property. She is now detained at the Dehui City Detention Center.
5. [Qingzhou City, Shandong Province] Ms. Ji Xiaohua and Mr. Liu Xi Detained in a Detention Center
In March 2008, three Falun Gong practitioners from Huanglou Town, Qingzhou, including Ms. Ji Xiaohua, were reported to police after they went to the city to send righteous thoughts and advise others to quit the CCP and its affiliated organizations. The police followed them back home. Ms. Ji Xiaohua and Mr. Liu Xi were arrested. Mr. Liu Xi's home at Chijia Village was ransacked. They are currently detained in the Qingzhou City Detention Center.
6. [Zhougezhuang, Shandong Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Xie Yuqin Detained
On March 12, 2008, Zhang Yanguang and other officers from the Zhougezhuang Police Station arrested Ms. Xie Yuqin in Zhougezhuang. Now she is being detained in the Gaomi City Detention Center.
7. [Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province] Four Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested
On the afternoon of March 23, 2008, police from the Fengcheng City National Security Team and the Henan Police Station arrested four Falun Gong practitioners who were studying the teachings of Falun Dafa in Ms. Wang Shuqing's home. They include Ms. Wang Shuqing, Ms. He Ping, Ms. Liu Shushuang and Ms. Xia Yan. They are currently being detained in the Fengcheng City Second Detention Center.
Song Xuelu, head of National Security Team of Fengcheng City Police Department:86-415-8126344, 86-13704952560, 86-13704952564
Fengcheng City Second Detention Center: 86-415-8123022
8. [Shandong Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Liu Haiyan Persecuted
Ms. Liu Haiyan, who is in her forties, is a custodian of the Technical School of Longkou Mining Administration Bureau. She had been arrested because she clarified the truth to others. She was first detained in the Zhangjiagou Detention Center in Longkou City, and then transferred to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City. The persecution broke up her family and caused her to suffer a mental collapse. She later resumed practicing Falun Gong after being released. Her mental situation gradually returned to normal.
On February 25, 2008, Ms. Liu was reported to police while she was writing truth clarifying words on a wall, including "Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance are Good." She was arrested and then detained in the Zhangjiagou Detention Center in Longkou City. She has been sentenced to one year of forced labor, and is now again being detained in the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City.
9. [Binzhou City, Shandong Province] Information about the Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Qiao Baoyang
Mr. Qiao Baoyang, 38, is a teacher of the Bincheng District Fourth High School in Binzhou City, Shandong Province. He was reported to police because he clarified the truth to teachers and students. On the afternoon of March 1, 2008, a dozen plainclothes officers from the Bincheng District 610 Office and the Gaoxi Police Station, pretending to be his students' parents, asked him to open the door. The police searched his home and took him away. He is being detained in a detention center.
10. [Liaoyang County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Suzhen and Ms. Zhang Hong Detained at the Liaoning Provincial Women's Prison
In early February 2008, Liaoyang Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Wang Suzhen and Ms. Zhang Hong were transferred to the Liaoning Provincial Women's Prison after being detained in the Shizuizi Detention Center in Liaoyang City for six months.
11. [Yongnian County, Hebei Province] Falun Gong Practitioners Including Ms. Miao Funu Persecuted
On the afternoon of March 22, Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Miao Funu, Ms. Li Xiuying, Ms. Da Xian and Ms. Qiao Qiaoshu from Yongnian County were arrested while they were clarifying the truth at the Qianliuxing Market. Ms. Qiao Qiaoshu's husband Mr. Yang Shang was arrested at home. The police took away a new TV, a DVD player, two cell phones, two small copy machines, and Dafa books from Ms. Qiao's home.
12. [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Dai Qihong Arrested
On March 20, 2008, the Mudanjiang City 610 Office and National Security Team arrested Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Dai Qihong, who is a guard at the Mudanjiang Prison. One computer, two printers and many truth-clarifying flyers were taken away from his home. He is currently being held at a detention center.
13. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Liu Guoliang and Ms. Wang Fenlan Arrested
On the afternoon of March 20, a group of personnel from the Dali National Security Team of Harbin City arrested Falun Gong practitioner couple Mr. Liu Guoliang and Ms. Wang Fenglan. Their whereabouts are unknown.
14. [Jiayu County, Hubei Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Chen Jinxiu Sent to a Forced Labor Camp
At midnight on March 3, 2008, Ms. Chen Jinxiu from Yuyue Town, Jiayu County was posting truth-clarifying posters near the New Life Bridge in Jiayu County. Police from the county police department arrested her on the spot, and detained her in the county police department. On March 18, 2008, the county police department sentenced her to one year and six months in a forced labor camp.
Ms. Chen Jinxiu had previously been sentenced to one year and six months of forced labor in June 2002.
15. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Liu Gongli and Mr. Pan Jurong Arrested
Ms. Liu Gongli is a retired employee who lives on Jianshe Road, Chengdu City. On March 12, 2008, police from the Jianshe Road Police Station, with personnel from the 610 Office of the factory where she previously worked, arrested Ms. Liu at her home. Her whereabouts are currently unknown. Her son Mr. Fan Haidong has been forced to become homeless to avoid being arrested at home. His whereabouts are also unknown.
On March 10, 2008, police from the Xinhong Road Police Station arrested Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Pan Jurong.
16. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] On March 20, Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Wang Xuehua Was Sent to the Shibalihe Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City for the Second Time.
17. [Shandong Province] Mr. Peng Yunchang and Mr. Liu Yuanjie Isolated and Persecuted in the Shandong Provincial Second Forced Labor Camp
In the first ten days of January 2008, Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Peng Yunchang from Fei County and Mr. Liu Yuanjie from Mengyin were isolated and persecuted in the Shandong Provincial Second Forced Labor Camp.
18. [Beihai City, Guangxi Province] Home of Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Zhang Jiumei Searched
At 3:00 p.m. on March 13, 2008, seven policemen from the Longtan Police Station in Beihai City went to search the home of Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhang Jiumei at Longtanshangcun Village. The police confiscated an exercise tape, two books of Minghui website materials, and a satellite receiver for NTDTV.
19. [Beijing City] Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Lin Shuying Persecuted in Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp
In February 2007, Ms. Lin Shuying was transferred to the Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp. Because she persisted in her belief, she was detained alone for a long time. She was punished by being forced to stand and sit on a plastic board. The guards posted banners with words which slandered Master and Dafa, and Ms. Lin tried to stop them from doing that. As a result she was beaten, which caused her mouth to bleed and her teeth to fall out.
20. [Tianjin City] Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Liu Yongjiang Persecuted
At midnight on March 21, 2008, about a dozen police officers from the Gangdong Police Station of Dagang Oil Field broke into Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liu Yongjiang's home at the Tuanjie Residential Area. The police took away a computer, books, and other property. They also arrested Liu Yongjiang.
Gangdong Police Station: 86-22--25923462
Dagang District Police Department: 86-22-63222061
Dagang District 610 Office: 86-22--63378580
21. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Addition Information about the Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioner Couple Long Guande and Ms. Zhan Xuemei
On September 23, 2007, Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Long Guande and his wife Ms. Zhan Xuemei from Zengcheng, Guangzhou City were arrested. In early February 2008, Ms. Zhan was released, but she is still often harassed by police from the Xiyuan Police Station in Zengcheng. Mr. Long has been detained in the Guangzhou Third Detention Center.
22. [Huilai County, Guangdong Province] Falun Gong Practitioners Including Ms. Zheng Haiying Arrested
On March 21, Ms. Zheng Haiying, Ms. Zheng Qiaoyun and Ms. Xiuzhen from Aojiang Town, Huilai County, were arrested when they went out to clarify the truth.
23. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Ren Xiuqin Taken from Her Home at Shuanglouzi Village and Now Detained at the Huishan Hotel
24. [Faku County, Liaoning Province] Addition Information about the Arrest of Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Yang Xihua
On March 17, 2008, Ms. Yang Xihua and her mother, sister and sister-in-law from Dengshibaozi Town, Faku County took a taxi to attend a wedding ceremony. On the way, Ms. Yang Xihua was reported to police while she was distributing truth-clarifying materials. Five officers from the Dengshibaozi Town Police Station immediately went to the spot and arrested Ms. Yang Xihua. Her home was then searched. The police found several Dafa books and "Minghui Weekly." The taxi driver was fined 2000 yuan for no reason.
25. [Wafangdian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Song Caiping Detained in the Huhehaote Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Song Caiping, 66, is a Falun Gong practitioner in Wafangdian City. In mid October 2007, she registered at a hotel in Beijing with her identification card. Soon after, she was arrested. In mid January 2008, she was transferred to the Third Division of the Huhehaote Forced Labor Camp.
26. [Dangshan County, Anhui Province] Ms. Hu Jinling Arrested
At noon on March 20, 2008, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Hu Jinling from Dangshan County clarified the truth to the students at the Dangshan County Fifth Middle School. The school security guards reported her, and she was arrested and sent to the Dangshan County Detention Center.
On January 28, 2008, Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wang Wenshe was transferred to Bengbu for two years of forced labor.
27. [Yueyang City, Hunan Province] Mr. Zhou Yongbin and many Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested
Beginning on the evening of March 3, police from the Yueyang City 610 Office, the National Security Team and Police Station of Yueyanglou District have arrested many Yueyang Falun Gong practitioners, including Mr. Zhou Yongbin, Mr. Xie Zhongyi, Mr. Ding Dongting, Mr. Hu Heping, Ms. Shen Qunfang, Ms. Liu Bilian, Ms. Fu Dongxiu, Ms. Sun Pinghua, Mr. Zhang Jian, Ms. Yao Dahua, and Mr. Zhou Xiangbao.
28. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhou Yanchun Holding a Hunger Strike to Protest the Persecution in a Brainwashing Center
On February 25, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhou Yanchun from New Shenbei District, Shenyang City was arrested by police from the Renao Road Police Station in Shenyang City. She is currently detained at the Zhangshi Brainwashing Center. She is holding a hunger strike to protest the persecution.
29. [Guangdong Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Zhang Xiaoyan Arrested
Ms. Li Xiaoyan is about 30 years old and comes from Zhongtong Town, Huazhou, Guangdong Province. In October 2007 she was arrested while clarifying the truth during her work in Dongguan. Her whereabouts are unknown.
30. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Liu Quanwang Arrested
On the afternoon of March 23, 2008, Mr. Liu Quanwang from Nanpiao District, Huludao City was arrested. He is being detained in the Qiupigou Police Station in Nanpiao District. The police searched his home and confiscated a computer and a printer.
Qiupigou Police Station: 86-429-4990121
31. [Yuncheng County, Shanxi Province] Zhao Liying Forced to Become Homeless to Avoid Being Arrested at Home
On March 20, 2008, five persons suddenly broke into the home of Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhao Liying from Yanhu District, Yuncheng City. They took away Master's pictures, an MP3 player, etc. They also tried to take away Zhao Liying, but Ms. Zhao refused to cooperate with them. She has now been forced to become homeless and destitute in order to avoid being arrested at home.
32. [Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Cong Zhanqing Arrested at the Barber Shop He Runs on the Afternoon of March 23, 2008