Additional Persecution News from China - February 15, 2008 (24 reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's news includes incidents of persecution that took place in 20 cities or counties in 9 provinces. In this report, 29 practitioners were subjected to brutal treatment during their detention and 19 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zheng Haitao on a Hunger Strike for Six Days at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Wafangdian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Min Tortured to the Point of Suffering a Mental Breakdown
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Lu Xueqin Persecuted by Liaoyuan Street Police Station
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Additional Information on Ms. Xie Jianchun's Arrest
- [Renqiu City, Hebei Province] Ms. Pan Liping and Ms. Xu Yufeng Tried Secretly
- [Qian'an City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Weiyue Arrested Once Again
- [Sanhe City, Hebei Province] Supplementary Information to Ms. Jiang Guiling's Arrest
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp Personnel Tortured Mr. Ma Xicheng and Caused Him to Develop Tuberculous Pleurisy
- [Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhou Yunxia Arrested
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Lu Jigui Suffers Persecution
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Yuan Yizhi Sentenced to One Year of Forced Labor
- [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhao Yulan Arrested
- [Tonghua City, Jilin Province] Mr. Wang Guiming Arrested Once Again
- [Shanghai] Mr. Shi Qun Arrested and Whereabouts Unknown
- [Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Taoxu Town 610 Office Harasses Practitioners
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Gao Weixi and Others Arrested
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Yu Shuying Sentenced and Whereabouts Unknown
- [Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Guiling Sent to Shijiazhuang City Women's Forced Labor Camp
- [Dianbai County, Guangdong Province] Three Practitioners Including Ms. Deng Yulian Arrested
- [Huizhou City, Guangdong Province] Huiyang High School Teacher Mr. Cao Jianshan Detained
- [Guangzhou City, Shandong Province] Ms. Gao Yunluan Sentenced to Five Years of Imprisonment
- [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Ding Ruifang Arrested
- [Zhuhai City, Guiangdong Province] Ms. Liang Li Arrested by Police
- [Guanghan City, Sichuan Province] Xigao Township Practitioners Suffer Persecution
1. [Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zheng Haitao on a Hunger Strike for Six Days at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
As of February 14, 2008, Mr. Zheng Haitao, who is from Heilongjiang Province and detained in the third team of the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang Province, had been on a hunger strike for six days.
2. [Wafangdian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Min Tortured to Point of Suffering a Mental Breakdown
Ms. Wang Min from Wafangdian City was tortured by Dalian City Forced Labor Camp personnel to the point of having a mental breakdown.
Dalian City Forced Labor Camp officials lock practitioners in the fifth team for "strict discipline" and subject them to inhumane torture for a month. After that, the camp authorities send those practitioners who do not give up their belief in Falun Gong to the eighth team.
Wang, head of the forced labor administration: 86-411-39522877
Director's Office, Dalian City Forced Labor Camp: 86-411-86859797
Management Division: 86-411-86858737
3. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Lu Xueqin Persecuted by Liaoyuan Street Police Station
On January 26, 2008, the Qingdao City 610 Office ordered the Liaoyuan Street Police Station to arrest Ms. Lu Xueqin, Ms. Wang Yumin, and Ms. Yi Xinxiao.
After Ms. Lu Xueqin was taken to the police station, the police deprived her of sleep for four days and nights. While she was in a state of disorientation due to her lack of sleep, the police forced her to put her fingerprint on a piece of paper that had unknown content written on it. Afterwards, they used the piece of paper with her fingerprint to threaten her. The police also beat her legs repeatedly. Ms. Lu is still being detained in the Liaoyuan Street Police Station.
4. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Additional Information about Ms. Xie Jianchun's Arrest
Ms. Xie Jianchun, 47 years old, is a practitioner from Dahan Village in Jimuo City. On the evening of September 24, 2007, Ms. Xie was distributing truth-clarification materials in the Changqian area in Jimuo City and was arrested by Tongji Police Station officers. She suffered inhuman torture after she was sent to the Dashan Detention Center.
5. [Renqiu City, Hebei Province] Ms. Pan Liping and Ms. Xu Yufeng Tried Secretly
On January 17, 2008, Ms. Pan Liping from the Huayou Corporation's 10th division in Renqiu City was put on a secret trial by the Renqiu City Court and had her feet shackled and hands cuffed. During the trial, Ms. Pan talked about Falun Gong and the movement to quit the Chinese Communist Party. The trial ended without a definite conclusion.
6. [Qian'an City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Weiyue Arrested Once Again
On the afternoon of February 11, 2008, Ms. Wang Weiyue from Qian'an City was distributing truth clarification materials at the Baoguanying Railroad Station in Qian'an City, when the railroad police arrested her. On the same day, the police took her to Tianjin City. Her electric-powered bicycle was also confiscated.
7. [Sanhe City, Hebei Province] Supplementary Information to Ms. Jiang Guiling's Arrest
On August 1, 2008, Ms. Jiang Guiling was reported to the authorities while she was distributing truth clarification materials. She managed to escape her captors with righteous thoughts. On the same day, the Qixinzhuang Police Station went to her home and attempted to arrest her. She was not home at the time, and the police ransacked her home.
On February 2, 2008, the police ordered her family to report to the police station but they refused. Afterwards, the police went to her home to harass her family multiple times.
On the morning of February 9, 2008, Qixinzhuang Police Station officers went to Ms. Jiang's home again and arrested her. She was taken to the Sanhe City Police Department's detention center.
Qixizhuang Police Station: 86-316-3710402
Wang Jishen, police chief: 86-316-3119166 (Home)
The Sanhe City Police Department detention center: 86-316-3652991-8001
Deputy Police Chiefs Yang Jianfang and Fu Xianghe: 86-316-3111058
8. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp Personnel Tortured and Mr. Ma Xicheng and Caused Him to Develop Tuberculous Pleurisy
Mr. Ma Xicheng was detained in the fourth team of the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City. On January 29, 2008, he was found to have fluid in his lungs, so he had treatment done to pump fluid out of his lungs for more than two hours, but he was taken back to the labor camp without proper anti-inflammatory treatment. On February 2, 2008, he was diagnosed with tuberculous pleurisy. Currently the camp authorities are still refusing to give him proper medical treatment.
9. [Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhou Yunxia Arrested
On February 10, 2008, Ms. Zhou Yunxia took a train out of town because she was looking for work. She brought with her a bag of truth clarification compact discs and Falun Gong books. At the Harbin City Railroad Station, her bag was searched. She was arrested and taken to the Harbin City Railroad Detention Center.
10. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Lu Jigui Suffers Persecution
Mr. Lu Jigui from Wolitun sent an open letter to the Chinese Communist Party committee secretary of the factory where he used to work and appealed for an end to the persecution of Falun Gong. He also suggested to the CCP secretary that he give the letter to higher level authorities. At around noon on February 1, 2008, he was arrested by Wolitun Police Branch officers and detained in the Longfeng Detention Center. Mr. Lu Jigui went on a hunger strike in protest of the ill treatment. He was subjected to violent and punitive force-feeding multiple times, and he became extremely weak. On February 11, 2008, he was released.
11. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Yuan Yizhi Sentenced to One Year of Forced Labor
In February 2008, Ms. Yuan Yizhi from Ganjingzi District of Dalian City was sentenced to one year of forced labor and is currently being detained in the Drug Rehabilitation and Forced Labor Camp of Dalian City. Her family was denied visitation rights.
12. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhao Yulan Arrested
Ms. Zhao Yulan from Anshan City was reported to the authorities because she was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. At 9 p.m. on February 8, 2008, she was arrested by officers from the Anshan City Gaoxin Development District Police Station.
13. [Tonghua City, Jilin Province] Mr. Wang Guiming Arrested Once Again
On the afternoon of February 13, 2008, Mr. Wang Guiming was clarifying the truth while he was selling toasted sweet potatoes at the Hongyuan Market in Tonghua City. He was reported to the local authorities at around 2 p.m. Shortly thereafter, Xinzhan Police Station deployed officers and a vehicle, and he was arrested. His home was ransacked and he was then taken to the Dongchang District Police Department's national security team in Tonghua City.
Xinzhan Police Station: 86-435-3616892
Zhang Xiaoxu: 86-13944596115, 86-435-3909516
Jing Guiquan, captain of the national security team of the Dongchang District Police Department in Tonghua City: 86-435-3258809
14. [Shanghai] Mr. Shi Qun Arrested and Whereabouts Unknown
Mr. Shi Qun lives on 216 Dezhou Street, Room 603, Pudong District, Shanghai. On February 10, 2005, he was arrested by the Shanggang Police Station and his whereabouts are unknown. The Shanggang Police Station and people from the Dezhou New Village neighborhood committee frequently harass his parents.
15 .[Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Taoxu Town 610 Office Harasses Practitioners
On January 31, 2008, Li Yaofa, the head of Mengyin County's Taoxu Town, led others to break into the homes of some local practitioners and harass them. The six harassed practitioners included Ms. Lei Guiling, Ms. Lei Yulan, Ms. Gong Xuyou and Ms. Ma Qinglan. Several copies of the "Nine Commentaries on Communist Party" were confiscated from Ms. Lei Guiling's home.
16. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Gao Weixi and Others Arrested
On May 9, 2007, Ms. Gao Weixi, Mr. Shi Guoliang, Ms. Yang Defang, and other practitioners from Changchun City were arrested, and they are being detained in the Shuangyang Third Detention Center. Ms. Wang Fuxia was sent to the Changchun City Police Hospital due to a persistent fever.
17. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Yu Shuying Sentenced and Her Whereabouts Unknown
In January 2008, Ms. Yu Shuying from Tangshan City was sentenced to three years of imprisonment and secretly sent to the Shijiazhuang City Women's Prison. When her family went to visit her in prison, they were told that she had been transferred to an unknown location.
Zhang Yi, director of the Hebei Province Prison Management: 86-13832116656
18. [Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Guiling Sent to Shijiazhuang City Women's Forced Labor Camp
In January 2008, Ms. Wang Guiling from Zhuozhou City had her home ransacked twice, and her Falun Gong books, video CD's, DVD's, her real estate certificate, and resident registration book were all confiscated. On February 2, 2008, Ms. Wang was taken to the Shijiazhuang City Women's Forced Labor Camp.
19. [Dianbai County, Guangdong Province] Three Practitioners Including Ms. Deng Yulian Arrested
On February 8, 2008, Ms. Bai Feng's husband (who does not practice Falun Gong) from Daya Town of Dianbai County provided transportation for Bai Feng and Ms. Deng Yulian to clarify the truth. They were arrested by the local police and are now being detained in the Zhaitou Second Detention Center in Dianbai County.
20. [Huizhou City, Guangdong Province] Huiyang High School Teacher Mr. Cao Jianshan Detained
In January 1, 2008, Mr. Cao Jianshan, a mathematics teacher at the Huiyang High School of Huizhou City, went out to clarify the truth and was arrested. He has been detained in the Gutang'ao Detention Center in Huicheng District of Huizhou City for over a month.
21. [Guangzhou City, Shandong Province] Ms. Gao Yunluan Sentenced to Five Years of Imprisonment
In September 2007, Ms. Gao Yunluan, who is in her 60s, and Ms. Yang Jia went on a vacation to Tibet. They were arrested by the Linzhi County Police when they clarified the truth about Falun Gong there. They were detained and later taken back to Guangzhou City by Guanghzou City's Yuexiu District Police National Security Team. They were then detained in the Yuexiu District Second Detention Center.
On the morning of September 20, 2007, Ms. Gao was taken to court for her trial. On September 30, 2007, she was put on trial unexpectedly again. The Yuexiu District Court sentenced her to five years imprisonment.
On November 13, 2007, Ms. Gao was transferred to Guangdong Province's Women's Prison. This has left her husband, who suffers from high blood pressure and diabetes, without her care.
22. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Ding Ruifang Arrested
On January 27, 2008, Ms. Ding Ruifang from Songshan District, Chifeng City, was arrested at home and is being detained in the Songshan District Detention Center.
23. [Zhuhai City, Guiangdong Province] Ms. Liang Li Arrested by Police
On February 11, 2008, Ms. Liang Li from Zhuhai City was reported to the local authorities for clarifying the truth and for persuading people to quit the CCP. She was arrested by the local police, and she is being detained in the Meixi Detention Center in Zhuhai City. On February 13, 2008, her home was ransacked.
24. [Guanghan City, Sichuan Province] Xigao Township Practitioners Suffer Persecution
As of October 16, 2007, Guanghan City's Xigao Town government allocated 10,000 yuan to hire people to monitor practitioners around the clock to try to stop them from going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. Each person doing this is paid 80 yuan per day.
Ms. Jiang Guizhen from Songlin Town, Guanghan City, and Ms. Li Guixiang from Mamu Village were arrested and are still being detained.