Exposing Crimes Committed by Guards at Hulan Prison in Heilongjiang Province
(Clearwisdom.net) On January 21, 2008, at 2 p.m., Falun Gong practitioner Liu Zhimin, illegally detained at Hulan Prison, was beaten up by political instructor Lu Mingdong. Lu said while beating Mr. Liu, "I will be responsible if you suffer a concussion." Liu Zhimin still lies in bed, his face swollen and his teeth loose.
On February 1, 2008, at 10 am, police instructor Xu Zhiming, and guards Zhao Jun and Lin Zhiguo used electric batons to torture practitioner Zhao Jiulong. They also beat him.
The training site is where Falun Gong practitioners are most severely persecuted at Hulan Prison. Policeman Wang Jian is the team leader, Xu Ruye is the section leader. Both of them are responsible for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. They ordered and incited prisoners Shen Gang, He Yan, Gao Jianping, Yu Xinqi, Wang Jianfei, and Wang Zhiquan to torture practitioners.
The persecution methods used included the following:
- Being forced to stand still from 7:00 am. to midnight;
- Being forced to watch videos that slandered Falun Dafa;
- "Chain sitting", where one's chest is bound tightly to the back of the person in front. The eyes have to focus on the front persons' head, and the legs have to be spread apart. They have to sit like this for 14 to 15 hours every day. Practitioners' eyes must be open, otherwise they would be beaten;
- The hands, arms and legs are pushed, pulled and folded into unnatural positions;
- Practitioners' letters were confiscated, and they were not allowed any contact with family members;
- Being detained past the sentence term, anywhere from 6 to 18 months;
- Four inmates were assigned to monitor and torture one practitioner day and night, the practitioner was deprived of the right to speak or to write;
- Falun Gong practitioners could be searched anytime and anywhere.
Prisoner He Yan was a death row inmate from Jiamusi, Heilongjiang Province. He was ordered to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. He enjoyed the persecution and said that he was not afraid of receiving karmic retribution from his deeds. Xu Ruye often beat and abused Falun Gong practitioners.