(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Xu Linshan, 57, lived in Nianzishan District, Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province. He began practicing Falun Dafa in 1998 and after the persecution started in 1999, was forcibly taken into custody seven times, detained, sent to forced labor camps, sentenced to prison, and endured much torture.

In 2000, Mr. Xu Linshan was arrested while visiting a fellow practitioner's home. He was detained for 15 days then taken to the Longjiang Prison (less than 5 months term). On May 11, 2000 (by lunar calendar April 8), Mr. Xu joined group exercises in a garden, and he was arrested and detained for one month by officers from the Yuejin Police Station. The police tortured him by pouring cold water over and brutally beating him.

On July 5, 2000, police from the Yuejin Station arrested him from his home and detained him. During his detention, Nianzishan District Police Department Deputy Director Xu Yanzhong and Ye Manchen led a group of officers to cruelly torture him many times, causing him to sustain injuries all over his body. He was taken to the Fuyu Labor Camp for a one year term and released on February 14, 2001.

He passed out articles written by the founder of Falun Dafa and was subsequently arrested again on April 25, 2002. Yuejin Police Station Director Dai Youmin, Deputy Director Shi Rongshuang, and officer Liu Junwen (all male) ransacked his home. Officers broke a wooden stool then stabbed his chest with the broken stool's sharp ends, puncturing his chest. His tank top was soaked with blood. They detained him in the Nianzishan District Detention Center and tortured him without mercy.

On October 25, 2002, the Nianzishan District Court sentenced him to five years in prison and took him to Tailai Prison in Qiqihar City. Guards tortured him by stabbing him with needles, force-feeding him highly concentrated salt water, locking him in strictly monitored cell, etc. By the spring of 2004, his femur was broken, making him bedridden. He developed swelling in his whole body, cirrhosis, ascites due to cirrhosis, kidney failure, purulent meningitis, etc. He was as thin as a skeleton, jaundiced, blurry minded, and suffered loss of memory. He was dying when he was "bailed out for medical treatment."

Mr. Xu was picked up by his family on December 31, 2005. He could not even straighten his legs, was mentally unaware, and lacked normal voluntary control of excretory functions. Even when he was totally paralyzed like this, the local police and neighborhood administration still harassed him many times. He died at midnight on February 11, 2008.