(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Chen Qingfang, 65, is a Falun Gong practitioner from Pingshan County, Hebei Province. On May 1, 2004, Ms. Chen and other fellow practitioners went to Nanzhuang Village, Xibaipo Town, to clarify the truth about Dafa. They were reported to the police by Wang Guiping (male), the CCP's village secretary. Consequently, Ms. Chen was taken into custody by Su Shihua (male) and other officers from the Xibaipo Town Police Station. She was held in the detention center for one month. During that time, she was forced to stand for long periods of time and to learn the detention center's policies. She refused to learn them, and instead she memorized the Fa. Ms. Chen also held a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Wang Bingcheng (male), director of the detention center, led five or six guards to handcuff her and force-feed her. She refused to cooperate with the evildoers. Wang Bingcheng shouted, "force-feed her to death." Simultaneously, he tried to force her to give up her belief in Dafa, but she refused.

On May 2, 2004, Ms. Chen was taken to the Pingshan County Police Department by Su Shihua. There she was handcuffed to a chair, and not allowed to sleep or use the restroom during the night. On the morning of May 3, 2004, section chief Feng Qingfang (female) and police officer Xiao Suilong (male) searched her home without a warrant and confiscated Falun Gong books, magnetic tapes, a tape recorder and other items.

After being detained for a month, Ms. Chen was sentenced to three years of forced labor. Due to the persecution, she had developed the symptoms of heart disease, hypertension and anemia. Because of this, the authorities at the labor camp refused to accept her. Despite this, Feng Qingfang still refused to release her and took her to another hospital for a check-up. Again, the authorities of the labor camp refused to accept her.

Later, Ms. Chen was sent to the brainwashing center run by the Wentang Town 610 Office in Pingshan Town and detained there for more than 20 days. During that time, she was handcuffed to a bedside every day. Feng Qingfang unceasingly demanded to know where the truth clarifying materials came from, but Ms. Chen refused to answer any questions. Tian Ruizhu (female), a collaborator, tried to force Ms. Chen to write the so-called guarantee statement. Ms. Chen refused and held a hunger strike to protest the persecution.

About 20 days later, Feng Qingfang, Xiao Suilong and a driver from the residential committee took Ms. Chen to the hospital once again. On the street, Ms. Chen cried out "Falun Dafa is good!" The driver shouted fiercely, "I will beat you if you cry out again." After the check-up, Xiao Suilong covertly talked with the doctor for about 20 minutes. Afterwards, they forcibly took her to the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp. Since she was extremely weak and had difficulty taking care of herself. Fearing being held responsible for her death, the authorities at the forced labor camp checked her blood pressure and heart every day.

During that period, she not only suffered physical torments, but she was also forced to undergo brainwashing. She was forced to watch video tapes which slandered Falun Gong. Later, she requested to be released for medical treatment. The guards took this chance to extort 10,000 yuan from her family before releasing her.

After returning home, local police officers requested that she report to them once a month. Even more, they demanded that she treat them to a restaurant of their choice. She rejected their demands.