As the Olympics Approach, CCP Issues Secret Order to Intensify the Persecution of Falun Gong
(Clearwisdom.net) As the Beijing Olympics approach, illegal arrests, torture-related deaths and even executions are on the rise. This is said to be directly related to secret orders issued by the CCP on February 19, 2008.
Intensifying the Persecution in the Name of "Building a Good Environment for the Olympics"
The CCP Political and Judiciary Committee issued secret orders in the form of a document titled "Suggestion to maintain social stability and ensure the safety of the Olympics." The document was sent to forty province-level CCP administrative offices and "Offices that deal with Falun Gong."
The document essentially orders Party authorities around the country to "intensively deal with problems," "to enhance 'management' of the activities of foreign reporters coming for the Olympics," "to enhance the 'management' of internet and cell phone text messaging", and to "severely crack down on Falun Gong." It is widely known that the term "management" used in this context means to monitor and control, using every means at their disposal, to achieve Party goals.
The document emphasized the "investigation and control" of certain groups of people, including Falun Gong practitioners.
The document also instructed each province to set up specific control targets and to designate responsibilities region by region. Responsibilities should be set region by region, quotas established, and specific tasks assigned to each individual work unit and person within.
Secret Order Leads to More Deaths
Since the order was given, the Minghui/Clearwisdom website has received news of many new incidences of persecution, including those leading to death:
(1) Mr. Zhang Zhijun, a practitioner from Nanchong City, Sichuan Province, died under mysterious circumstances in Xi'an Prison in Shanxi Province, on February 23, 2008. Authorities notified his wife by telephone, but when she arrived at the prison, officials tried to block her from seeing Mr. Zhang's body. Only when she threatened to kill herself on the spot if they didn't obey her demands, was she allowed to see the body. Mr. Zhang's face was swollen. Strangulation marks were visible around his blackened neck. Mr. Zhang's wife demanded an autopsy and went to a law office, but the lawyers told her: "The government has told us [not to accept Falun Gong related cases]. We don't dare to take your case." Prison authorities cremated Mr. Zhang's body the next day.
(2) Mr. Chen Bofeng, 43, was a taxi-driver in Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province. February 24, 2008, the police stopped his cab and kidnapped both him and his customers. On March 3, Mr. Chen was transferred to the First Detention Center of Chaoyang City. That night, he was tortured to death. The authorities have refused permission for his family to see the body. The authorities (including Chaoyang Police Department, Police Bureau of Liaoning Province, Political and Legal Sect of Chaoyang City, and the detention center) have collaborated in efforts to cover up the truth of the situation, and all claim that Mr. Chen died of heart problems. Yet Mr. Chen's wife says that Mr. Chen was very healthy and had never experienced heart problems.
(3) Ms. Zong Xiuxia, a practitioner from Fangzi District in Weifang City, Shandong Province, was on her way to a supermarket on February 24, 2008. Along the way, she clarified the truth to people she encountered on the street. At about 11:30 am, the police picked her up and took her to Guangwen Police Station, in Kuiwen Police Division. Four hours later, she was tortured to death.
(4) Policemen from Xinzhan Police Station kidnapped Mr. Wang Guiming, a practitioner from Tonghua City, Jilin Province, on February 27. They took him to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp. He was dead two days later (February 29), tortured to death at the age of 38. Mr. Wang's wife tried to seek justice for him, but authorities from the local police station and the neighborhood administration office harassed her. She doesn't dare return home.
(5) Police from Yangping Police Station in the Pudong District of Shanghai kidnapped Ms. Gu Jianmin, 53, on March 1. She was dead less than two weeks later. Early in the afternoon of March 13, the 610 Office in Pudong District called Ms. Gu's husband. They lied to him, saying that Ms. Gu had health problems and that they promised to release her on bail. Her husband found her in the emergency room of a local hospital at 3 p.m. that same afternoon. Her eyes were enlarged and blood ran out of her mouth, but nobody was paying attention to her condition. He got down on his knees and begged the doctors to save his wife, so the doctors made some futile efforts, but shortly thereafter announced her death.
(6) Mr. Sun Guanzhou, a 62-year-old practitioner from Yuzhou City, Henan Province, was eating dinner at home on March 3. Six policemen including Xia Yuxiao, Gong Songtao, Zhao Naicheng, broke into and searched his home. They seized Mr. Sun and took him to the city detention center. He died from torture seven days later (March 9). Mr. Sun was a professor in a teachers' college in Yuzhou City.
Secret Order Leads to Increased Numbers of Illegal Arrests
Here are a few examples of persecution that have come to the attention of the Minghui/Clearwisdom website since the secret order was issued:
(1) In the districts of Beijing where the Olympic games will be held, 156 cases of persecution of Falun Gong practitioners have been reported this year-to-date through March 11. Sources indicate that the police started more intensive monitoring of Falun Gong in August 2007. It is reported that the illegal arrests so far this year have been made to help ensure that local Falun Gong practitioners won't be able to make their plight known to Olympic visitors.
(2) On February 25, 2008, the police simultaneously began rounding up Falun Gong practitioners in many cities in Liaoning Province, including Lingyuan, Jinzhou, Huludao, Chaoyang, Xingcheng, Xuizhong, Panjin, Jincheng, etc. It is believed that the Police Bureau of Liaoning Province coordinated this. About one hundred practitioners (including practitioner family members who went to visit their detained relatives in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp) were arrested.
(3) On February 27, the 610 Office of Dehui City, Jilin Province, Dehui Police Department, colluded with Changchun Police Department to arrest over ten local Falun Gong practitioners. All were detained in Dehui Detention Center. According to reliable sources, the police have been torturing the detained practitioners with very brutal methods.
As early as 2005, Liu Jing, the associate director of the national police department, ordered police forces to eliminate Falun totally before the Beijing Olympics. His orders were disseminated throughout the police system all over the country. In March 2007, Zhou Yongkang, then head of the national police department, also gave orders to destroy Falun Gong, leading to many serious cases of persecution nationwide.
The Beijing Olympics have been turned into a big "excuse" for the CCP to persecute Falun Gong practitioners.