(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Hou Youxiang. I am from Jinchang City, Gansu Province. I was born on March 25, 1967. The following describes the persecution I suffered because I practice Falun Dafa.

In early January, 2000, I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. I was illegally arrested by two local police officers, and detained at the local drug rehabilitation center through Chinese New Year's Eve. I was released after being held for 15 days.

On August 24, 2000, the Jinchang City National Security agents discovered me while I was distributing truth clarification materials. At midnight I was arrested at my home. I was illegally interrogated in the basement of the National Security Bureau, for at least 36 hours. During this period of time, they never took the handcuffs off of me. I was then detained at Jinchang City Detention Center. I was not released until November 29.

In late December 2000, two police officers deceived me, and took me from my home to the Binhe Road local police station. Later I was sent to the Jinchang City Detention Center. After I had been on a hunger strike for three days, they transported me, along with several other practitioners to the drug rehabilitation center, and force-fed us. The participants included the drug rehabilitation center head Liu xingguo (male) and guard Cai Jianjun (male). On January 3, 2001, I was illegally sentenced to two years in a forced labor camp. Police officers Meng Jiaxian (male) and Li Xinhua (male) sent me to the Gansu Province First Labor Camp, where I was confined to the No. 1 team of No. 7 Division (strict discipline team). During the confinement, I was forced to do heavy physical work, and I was arbitrarily beaten and verbally abused. The evil guards deprived Falun Dafa practitioners of all their rights. In attempts to "transform" me, they deprived me of sleep for nine days and nights (I was forced to do intensive labor during the daytime, stand under the baking sun at noon time, stand outside at night, and wasn't allowed to sleep for the whole night). The guards forced me to watch videos that slandered Falun Dafa. Guard Gu Yanling (female) incited the inmates to brutally beat my head, stab me with needles, crush my hands with their leather shoes, kick and beat me all over my body, hang me with my hands cuffed behind my back and force me to watch the Tiananmen "Self-Immolation" incident TV program. I was also forced to write a weekly report. Guard Gu Yanling attempted to force us to write statements like "...I am determined to quit practicing Falun Gong." Every month we had a performance evaluation (only for Falun Gong practitioners) and they forced us to write what they told us.

I was released on June 2, 2002. After I returned home, police officers Xie Xiaofeng (male) and Tao Yongqian (male) from the Baolinli local police station, along with some people from the residence committee, came to harass me several times and wanted me to sign a statement saying I gave up practicing Falun Gong. After I refused to do so, they went to my husband's work unit to threaten and deceive him into signing the statement for me. Whenever special days came, police officers Xie and Tao came to harass me.

On August 21, 2002, police officer Xie, police officer Tao, and the head of the Baolinli local police station arrested me again and took me to the drug rehabilitation center. I was not released until late October.

On February 25, 2007, my younger brother Mr. Hou Youhu was reported to the police while he was distributing truth clarification materials. Eight or nine people, including the police officers from the Hexibao local police station and officials from the Hexibao Town government ransacked our home. He was sent to the Gansu Province First Labor Camp No. 6 Division on March 13.