(Clearwisdom.net) On December 19, 2007, Ms. Mu Chunmei's family went to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp to visit her but they were repeatedly refused. The forced labor camp guards claimed, "Mu Chunmei did not behave well. You are not allowed to see her. Her term ends on January 13, 2008. You can come back then."

Practitioners Liu Mingwei, Ms. Mu Chunmei, and Hao Yunfeng, all from Jilin City, went to Dalian Development Zone on March 1, 2006, to visit Hao Yunfeng's father, Mr. Hao Fukui, who had been illegally imprisoned. These practitioners were arrested by the police and sentenced to two years of forced labor at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. Their families went to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp four times, on April 8, April 25, May 8, and May 22, 2006, to visit them and to ask for their release. The head of the labor camp, Su Jing; political head Wang Naimin; and other personnel instigated subordinates to skirt their responsibilities and to create obstacles to deny for the family members' requests. This included threatening them, which brought enormous pain and pressure to bear on the family members.

On September 21, 2006, the family went to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp and asked to see Mu Chunmei and Liu Mingwei. The visitation receptionist did not give any clear answers and only asked them to wait. A team head with the last name of Yin asked the family members, "Do you practice Falun Gong? What do you think of Falun Gong?" A family member replied, "This question has nothing to do with our visiting our relative." Subsequently, no matter what the family members said, they were not allowed to visit.

According to sources, Ms. Mu Chunmei was tortured during a hunger strike protesting the persecution. The guards and the labor camp doctors injured her teeth by prying her mouth open. For the more than 50 days she was on the hunger strike, the guards continued this brutal torture, trying to force her to give up her belief in Falun Gong. When her family came to visit her, they were usually not allowed to see her. When they sometimes actually got to see her, they were only allowed to visit for a few minutes.

On August 23, 2007, Mu Chunmei's mother took a night long train ride and arrived at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp at eight o'clock in the morning. The personnel at the reception office told her that visitation was after 11:00 a.m. When it was near 10:00, the head of the 1st Division, Zhang Lirong, came in and asked her about her attitude toward Falun Gong. Ms. Mu's mother asked why her attitude toward Falun Gong had anything to do with visiting her daughter. Zhang Lirong then refused to let her see her daughter. The mother then went to look for the head of the camp, but she was prevented from doing so by the guard at the door. An officer came out and said that it was the rule and that she could not see her daughter. This poor woman had to leave with tears running down her face.

January 11, 2008