(Clearwisdom.net) Authorities have persecuted Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Ren Shuzhen from Ganshu Province relentlessly over the last several years. Below are details of her experiences:

Ren Shuzhen, born in 1940, was a gynecologist at the Yongdeng Hospital, Lanzhou City, Ganshu Province, prior to her retirement. She began to practice Falun Gong in 1998 because she hoped to rid herself of illness, in particular, her rheumatism. She abided by the principles of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance" to become a better person.

After she started cultivating Falun Dafa, her illnesses disappeared. She experienced the wonders and miracles of Falun Dafa first hand. Following the onset of the persecution, she went to Beijing to appeal. She traveled twice by train and walked all the way the third time. Authorities arrested and detained her on all three occasions. The officials unlawfully sentenced her to one year in a forced labor camp in 2001.

While in the camp, the guards verbally and physically abused practitioners, regardless of their age. They used violence to compel good people to "reform."

Ren Shuzhen refused to write statements defaming Falun Gong, resulting in her being subjected to a severe beating at the hands of the persecutors. Following this abuse, she was unable to turn over for more than 20 days. Another beating followed, at the hands of guard chief Hu, who beat for persisting in her belief in "Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance." This beating affected her hearing, and she also became incontinent. The abusers tied a rope to her handcuffs and hung her up many times, lasting from 20 minutes to more than one hour. They hung her up until she became breathless; then they let her down.

In May 2002, while explaining the facts, Yongdeng Police Department agents arrested and sent her to the Gongjiawang Brainwashing Center in Lanzhou, to undergo compulsory "reform." Each practitioner was monitored. They did not let the practitioners sleep or rest and made them read materials and watch videos and television that defamed Falun Gong. In doing so, they turned up the volume to the maximum. In June 2003, in order to forcefully transform steadfast practitioners, policemen Zhang Kegan, Zhao Jian, Liu Xiaofeng handcuffed Ren Shuzhen and hung her up on the metal door in 2003, to attempt forced reform. The tips of her toes barely touched the floor. She was hung up for 14 days. They did not let her drink and eat or move for a long time. She had to relieve herself into her clothing. In the end, her wrists festered and became swollen. She experienced whole body edema, and her blood pressure was very high. They damaged one pair of handcuffs during the torture and brought a new pair. In the end the sixty-year old woman could not withstand the cruel abuse and went against her will and wrote the "guarantee letter," to no longer practice Falun Gong. They then let her go.

The regime agents also punished Ren Shuzhen financially, withholding her salary for four years.

The cruel persecution did not change her faith in Falun Dafa. In the face of the many people who are deceived by the CCP lies, she still persisted to clarify the truth to others. On May 30, 2007, the police ransacked her residence. On August 10, Ren Shuzhen was arrested at a market. Participating in the arrest were personnel from the Yongdeng Police Department, including the police chief and three other policemen. They took her to the Jiuzhou District in Lanzhou. On September 24, 2007, the police made her appear in Yongdeng Court for a hearing. As they had no proof of her crime and had no way of sentencing her, the court dismissed her case. She was taken back to Lanzhou. We do not have details of her current circumstances.

Yongdeng County Procuratorate approved the arrest.