Additional Persecution News from China - January 29, 2008 (17 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 14 cities and counties in 6 provinces. In this report, 7 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 17 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Shanghai] Ms. Zhang Shuying Persecuted
Ms. Zhang Shuying, 47, lives in Yangpu District of Shanghai. For practicing Falun Gong she was detained for one and a half years. After she was released, neighborhood committee members and local police have continued to harass her. On October 20, 2007, the police arrested Ms Zhang again, and she was sentenced to one and a half years of imprisonment.
2. [Beijing] Many Beijing Practitioners Arrested on January 24, 2008
3. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Zhang Weihua Still Under Watch
Mr. Zhang Weihua has gone back to his home in Yangliu Village. However, six people from the local joint defense team keep watch over Mr. Zhang's home.
4. [Shanghai] Ms. Li Hui Arrested
In mid October 2007, Ms. Li Hui from Jiading, Shanghai, was arrested by police from the 610 Office of Huangpu Police Department because she mailed letters about the truth of Falun Gong and her handwriting was identified. Now she is detained in the Shanghai Forced Labor Camp for a two-year term.
Huangpu Police Department: 86-21-63280123 ext. 610
5. [Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Ma Wenyu Arrested
Mr. Ma Wenyu, 37, lives in Qidaoquanzi Township, Chaoyang City. On January 20, 2008, he was arrested because he distributed truth-clarifying material.
6. [Tianjin City] Ms. Li Jinhua Arrested
On January 4, 2008, Ms. Li Jinhua from Dongli District, Tianjin City, was reported and arrested when she distributed truth-clarifying material while visiting her family. Now she is detained in Renqiu.
7. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Li Tianmin, Who Was Detained on October 11, 2007, Has Been Detained in the Weifang Detention Center
8. [Zhoukou City, Henan Province] Mr. Du Chenguang Detained in the Xiangcheng Detention Center
At about 5:00 p.m. on January 17, 2008, Gao Feng, Chief of the National Security Team of Sha'nan District Police Department in Zhoukou City, and about 20 people surrounded Mr. Du Chenguang's home in Chuanhui District, Zhoukou City. They took away his computer during the night and Mr. Du and his wife were detained by the national security team. On January 18, Mr. Du's wife was released but he was sent to the Xiangcheng Detention Center. Mr. Du is still being detained.
9. [Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province] Information about the Arrest of Practitioners Including Ms. Jiang Zaimei
On the morning of January 27, 2008, Ms. Jiang Zaimei and Ms. Yang from Nanshan District, Hegang City, went to Limingbiyoute Market in Hegang City to distribute truth-clarifying material. They were spotted by a surveillance camera in the market. The market personnel and police from Gongnong District Police Department took Ms. Jiang and Ms. Yang away. That night, the police went to search Ms. Jiang's home and took away two bank books worth a total of 16,000 yuan, 11,300 yuan in cash, a computer, books ,and other materials.
At the same time, the police arrested Ms. Ren Xiuyun who lives in Lulin Mountain, Nanshan District. On January 28, an older couple with the surname of Wang were arrested.
10. [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Mr. Ba Shuqun Was Sentenced in the Tianqiao District Court at 9:30 a.m. on January 29, 2008
11. [Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Yanqing On a Hunger Strike in Hebei No. 1 Prison
In order to gain the right to study the Fa and practice the exercises, Mr. Zhang Yanqing is still on a hunger strike in the Hebei No. 1 Prison. Personal monitors take turns watching him around the clock. He is not allowed to talk or sleep. He is very weak.
Fourth Division: 86-312-5923441, 86-13832224044
12. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Huai Junying Arrested
At around 9:00 a.m. on January 18, 2008, Ms. Huai Junying from Tianjia Village, Fujia Town, Zibo City, was arrested by plainclothes police. Her home was searched and her property was taken away.
13. [Langfang City, Hebei Province] Many Practitioners Including Mr. Bai Wenwu Arrested
On around January 23, 2008, police from the Dachang County Police Department in Langfang City, Hebei Province arrested practitioners including Mr. Bai Wenwu, Mr. Guo Dahui, Ms. Liu Xiuxiang, Mr. Yu Jinghua, Mr. Li Wenming and Mr. Song Shufen.
14. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhai Mouchen Arrested
Mr. Zhai Mouchen lives in Mazhuang Village, Nanding Town, Zhangdian District, Zibo City. On the afternoon of January 28, 2008, police from the Zhangdian District National Security Team took Mr. Zhai from the factory where he worked. His whereabouts are currently not known. The police took all the Dafa books from Mr. Zhai's home.
Mr. Zhai was detained in forced labor camps for three years, including the Zibo City Forced Labor Camp and Wangcun Forced Labor Camp, where he was tortured. Three years later, Mr. Zhai was sent to the "Transformation" Center in Wangcun Forced Labor Camp and detained there for one and a half years.
15. [Fuan City, Fujian Province] Additional Information about the Arrests of Ms. Xu Rongfei and Mr. Qiguang
On the afternoon of January 18, 2008, police from the Fuan City Police Department and National Security Team arrested Ms. Xu Rongfei and Mr. Qiguang from Fuan City. Their homes were also searched. Ms. Xu is detained in the Fuan City Detention Center. Mr. Qiguang is detained in the detention center. The police took away copies of Zhuan Falun and the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party.
16. [Shenzhou City, Hebei Province] Police from the Donganzhuang Township Police Station Search Practitioners' Homes
On January 19, 2008, police from the Donganzhuang Township Police Station in Shenzhou City searched practitioners' homes in Dasizhuang Village and Qinghuitou Village. About 30 or 40 homes in Qinghuitou Village were searched.
17. [Dongliao County, Jilin Province] Practitioners Including Mr. Ding Wenrong Arrested
On January 22, 2008, police from the political security section of Dongliao County Police Department and the Yunding Township Police Station went to Mr. Ding Wenrong's home and arrested him. Mr. Ding is illegally detained in the local detention center.
On January 24, Ms. Zhao Shufang and about a dozen people from Quantai Township were also arrested and taken to the detention center.