Additional Persecution News from China - January 30, 2008 (11 Reports)
Today's report relates persecution incidents that involve 10 cities or counties in six provinces. Ten Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to brutal treatment during detention, and at least eight practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Ju County, Shandong Province] Mr. Hu Zengxiang in Dire Condition as the Result of Savage Torture
- [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Xiuyun Sentenced to Six Years in Prison
- [Liaoning Province] Ms. Huang Xiaojie and Mr. Hu Weidong Secretly Transferred to the Dalian City Prison
- [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Ms. Zen Yuxia Persecuted for Practicing Falun Gong - Belated News
- [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Mr. Dong Fengshan Held at the Shanyou Detention Center
- [Hebei Province] Mr. Li Qiujie and Mr. Li Zhibo Arrested in Zhuozhou City
- [Chongqing] Mr. Tan Xinghong Arrested
- [Chiping County, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Meiying Arrested
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Li Tianmin Arrested, Tortured, and Facing Illegal Sentencing
- [Gaobeidian City, Hebei Province] Police Ransacked Mr. Gao Shuzhong's Home
- [Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Qi Zhiguo, Ms. Gao Lijie and Other Practitioners Held at the Shuangyashan Detention Center
1. [Ju County, Shandong Province] Mr. Hu Zengxiang in Dire Condition as the Result of Savage Torture
Ten officers from Guozhuang Township broke into 67-year-old Mr. Hu Zengxiang's home the morning of December 29, 2007. They arrested him and confiscated CDs, truth clarification materials, and 2,000 yuan in cash. They tortured him for seven days. Mr. Hu's feet were swollen and his arms were dislocated, so he could not take care of himself. He is presently hospitalized.
Sun Qingdong, Qiansuozhuang Village Party secretary: 86-633-6698254,
Guzhuang Township Police Station: 86-633-6691110
2. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Xiuyun Sentenced to Six Years in Prison
Personnel from the 610 Office, from the Domestic Security Division, and from the Shantou Police Station in the Boshan District, Zibo City, arrested Ms. Li Xiuyun, took her to the city's detention center, and kept here there for nine months. They ransacked her home on April 25, 2007. All family visits have been denied. Ms. Li now has severe heart disease, but the officials still sentenced her to six years in prison, to be served in the Jinan City Women's Prison.
3. [Liaoning Province] Ms. Huang Xiaojie and Mr. Hu Weidong Secretly Transferred to the Dalian City Prison
Ms. Huang Xiaojie and Mr. Hu Weidong, who used to be held at the No. 2 Prison Dabei in Shenyang City, were secretly transferred to the Dalian City Prison. Ms. Huang is presently being held in the No. 4 Ward; Mr. Huin at the No. 2 Team in the No. 3 Ward.
4. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Ms. Zen Yuxia Persecuted for Practicing Falun Gong - Belated News
Ms. Zen Yuxia is an employee of the Zuoqi Lead Mine in Chifeng City. Zuoqi Domestic Security Division Chief Tu Buxin colluded with personnel from the mine's police station and tried to coerce her into signing a "guarantee statement" not to practice or appeal for Falun Gong in February 2001. Because she refused to cooperate with this demand, they put her in the Zuoqi Police Department and held there for a month. Police also extorted 3,000 yuan from her family.
The police arrested Ms. Zen again in July 2001 and held her for another month. They fined her 200 yuan and extorted 3,000 yuan from her family.
Policeman Liu Zhijun and two women officers broke into Ms. Zen's home and ransacked it in 2005. They found nothing related to Falun Gong and then left.
5. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Mr. Dong Fengshan Held at the Shanyou Detention Center
Mr. Dong Fengshan from Songyuan City has been held at the city's Shanyou Detention Center since he was arrested on October 13, 2007. The police remained in his rented home for a long time.
Police informed his family to remove his personal belongings from his home on January 23, 2008. When the family arrived at Ms. Dong's home, they discovered the room was almost empty, except for a simple clothes rack and several articles of clothing. The police have confiscated a computer, a TV, a DVD player, an MP4 player, a cellular phone, a table, a bed, all of his cooking supplies and utensils, and a gas tank for the stove. The homeowner ordered Mr. Dong's family to pay 120 yuan in electricity fees.
6. [Hebei Province] Mr. Li Qiujie and Mr. Li Zhibo Arrested in Zhuozhou City
Mr. Li Qiujie and Mr. Li Zhibo were arrested by police on January 4, 2008, when they distributed truth-clarification materials. They are presently being held at the city's detention center.
7. [Chongqing] Mr. Tan Xinghong Arrested
Police arrested Mr. Tan Xinghong from his rented home in the Yubei District's No. 63 Division in Chongqing on September 28, 2007. They also arrested a practitioner surnamed Liu. Mr. Tan is presently being held at the district's Yiwanshui Detention Center. His family found out his place of confinement one month after his arrest.
Yiwanshui Detention Center chief's office: 86-23-67456241
8. [Chiping County, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Meiying Arrested
Police arrested Ms. Wang Meiying, an employee of the Broadcast Bureau in Chiping County, at 5:00 p.m. on January 28, 2008. She is presently being held in the county detention center.
9. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Li Tianmin Arrested, Tortured, and Facing Illegal Sentencing
10. [Gaobeidian City, Hebei Province] Police Ransacked Mr. Gao Shuzhong's Home
Personnel from the Domestic Security Division and from the 610 Office in Baoding City colluded with local policemen to ransack Mr. Gao Shuzhong's home on January 22, 2008. Mr. Gao now lives away from home to avoid arrest.
11. [Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Qi Zhiguo, Ms. Gao Lijie and Other Practitioners Held at the Shuangyashan Detention Center
Mr. Qi Zhiguo, Mr. Wang Haiyang, and Ms. Dong Mingfen were arrested on December 19, 2007. Ms. Gao Lijie was arrested on January 8, 2008. Mr. Wang Haiyang, Ms. Dong Mingfen, Ms. Liu Xianglian, Ms. Wang Yaojun, and Ms. Guo Shuzhen are presently being held at a detention center.
Tan Qingzhi, Shuangyashan City Shangshan Police Station chief:
86-469-4272557, Political head: 86-469-4286115
Zou Dekuan, Division chief in charge of Falun Gong affairs in the Shuangyashan City Police Department: 86-469-4233106
January 29, 2008