Additional Persecution News from China - January 26, 2008 (17 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 15 cities or counties in 9 provinces. In this report, 13 practitioners were subjected to brutal treatment during their detention and at least 20 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhang Shuxing on a Hunger Strike in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Lin Yusen Sent to Labor Camp
- [Ning'an City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Cui Lijun Held at the Ning'an City Detention Center
- [Mianyang City, Sichuan Province] Numerous Practitioners Taken into Custody
- [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Xianying and Other Practitioners Unlawfully Held in Custody
- [Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhao Li, a Practitioner in Houbao Village in Liuerbao Town, Liaoyang County Taken into Custody about 10 Days Ago
- [Jidong County, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Mr. Zhang Minghui Taken into Custody
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Officials at Chaoyanggou Men's Forced Labor Camp Make Deals with Private Business Owners to Profit from Inmates' Forced Labor
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Chen Huiming Suffers Severe Leg Injuries
- [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Brief Report on Torture at Nanhuayuan Prison
- [Wendeng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Tian Lisha Sentenced to Forced Labor in Beijing
- [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhou Guoying Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
- [Muling City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhao Liping and Her Mother Ms. Wang Fengyun Taken into Custody Several Times and Constantly Harassed by Police
- [Yingcheng City, Hubei Province] Three Practitioners Taken into Custody by Chengbei Police Station
- [Houma City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Guo Suling Taken into Custody
- [Liupanshui City, Guizhou Province] Ms. Zhou Jin Sent to a Forced Labor Camp
- [Wenling City, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Lin Yihua, Ms. Han Ping, and Ms. Guo Xiaobo Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
1. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhang Shuxing on a Hunger Strike in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Zhang Huxing, a practitioner from Dalian City, is being unlawfully held in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. He has been on a hunger strike and is in critical condition.
Mr. Yuan Yongsheng, 51, a practitioner from the Sanyuanqiao area in Chaoyang District, Beijing, is also being held in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.
2. [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Lin Yusen Sent to Labor Camp
At the end of July 2007, Mr. Lin Yusen, a practitioner who works at the Qixing Mine in Shuangyashan City, was distributing truth clarification materials at the Baoshan Mine. The police in the Baoshan District took him into custody. He was taken to the Shuangyashan City Detention Center. On October 4, 2007, he was sent to the Suihua City Forced Labor Camp in Heilongjiang Province, and is serving a term of 18 months.
3. [Ning'an City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Cui Lijun Held at the Ning'an City Detention Center
At around 4:30 on January 22, 2008, Ms. Cui Lijun was at home in Ning'an City. Officers from the No. 1 Police Station and the Domestic Security Division in Ning'an City entered her home and took her into custody. The police searched her home and confiscated Falun Dafa books and other items. Ms. Cui is being held in the Ning'an City Detention Center.
4. [Mianyang City, Sichuan Province] Numerous Practitioners Taken into Custody
Since December 2, 2007, numerous practitioners have been unlawfully taken into police custody. They are: Ms. Xu Deyu, Ms. Zhou Xiaohua, Ms. Zhang Fali, Meimei (female), Ms. Feng Biqiong, Ms. Mou Lin, Ms. Yan Xiaoling, Ms. Liu Fang, and Ms. Zhang Yan. Of these practitioners, Ms. Mou Lin, Ms. Yan Xiaoling, and Ms. Liu Fang are being held a Longsheng Brainwashing Center in Mianyang City.
5. [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Xianying and Other Practitioners Unlawfully Held in Custody
Ms. Zhang Xianying, 56, is a practitioner who works at the Qixingpao Farm of the Jiusan Reclamation Farm. On October 19, 2007, she was turned in to the authorities and taken into custody. She has been held at the Jiusan Detention Center. The police have confiscated her personal computer, printer, and other items.
Dong Wenkai (male), head of the 610 Office at Qixingpao Farm:
Ding Guowei (male), head of the Comprehensive Management Office: 86-13664564447 (Cell)
6. [Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhao Li, a Practitioner in Houbao Village in Liuerbao Town, Liaoyang County Taken into Custody about 10 Days Ago
7. [Jidong County, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Mr. Zhang Minghui Taken into Custody
At around 7:00 a.m. on January 25, 2008, officers of the No. 2 Police Station and the Domestic Security Division in Jidong County, broke into Mr. Zhang Minghui's home. The police entered from the back door, and blocked all other doors to prevent anyone from leaving. The officers took a bag of valuables. They tried to take Mr. Zhang's wife into custody. She argued that her baby was only a few months old. The police took Mr. Zhang into custody and searched his younger brother's home in the courtyard. Mr. Zhang's sister-in-law was so scared that her legs shook for a day. Mr. Zhang's mother was so scared that she dared not answer the door.
8. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Officials at Chaoyanggou Men's Forced Labor Camp Make Deals with Private Business Owners to Profit from Inmates' Forced Labor
There are about 30 practitioners, and over 100 other inmates in Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. Officials at the labor camp have profited from their forced labor. The labor camp has partnered with a private business, the Honglin Clothing Company, to produce casual clothes and hotel uniforms. An order of 4000 pieces of clothing is scheduled to be delivered before February 7, 2008, Chinese lunar New Year's Day. The labor camp authorities have forced practitioners and other inmates to work each day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and then work overtime till 9:00 p.m. Little time is allocated for lunch. One night everybody had to work until 11:00 p.m. There are no weekends or other days off.
Wang Xiaoming (male), director of the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp:
86-431-84835680 ext. 8001 (Office), 86-13814316466 (Cell)
Wang Jiangang (male), deputy director: 86-431-84835680 ext. 8003 (Office), 86-13904306009 (Cell)
9. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Chen Huiming Suffers Severe Leg Injuries
On January 14, 2008, the family of Ms. Chen Huiming, a practitioner in Dalian City, went to visit her in Benxi Prison. Political instructor Xia was present throughout the meeting. Ms. Chen was physically very weak. She had a hard time walking due to injuries she had sustained to her leg. Her family has asked several times for medical parole. The prison authorities have not responded.
10. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Brief Report on Torture at Nanhuayuan Prison
During the tenure of Lan Wenxuan (gender unknown), warden of Nanhuayuan Prison in Fushun City, Liaoning Province, practitioner Mr. Wang Wenju, a teacher at Youyan County Middle School in Anshan City, Liaoning Province, died from brutal force-feeding. Later the prison guards viciously beat practitioners Mr. Liu Wei from Shenyang City, Mr. Wang Youting from Fushun City, and Mr. Jing Suo from Shenyang City. Mr. Jing went on hunger strike to protest. All other practitioners in the prison joined Mr. Jing to protest the brutal beatings. Prison authorities locked practitioners in cells and did not allow anyone to come out. Practitioners' families were denied their rights to visit them. The practitioners were then taken to Small Cells for 15 days of inhumane torture. Between August 2004 and November 2007, 12 practitioners were held at the prison. Seven practitioners were released as their terms had ended. The other five remained in custody. On December 19, 2007, prison officials transferred Mr. Zhan Dajun and Mr. Wang Youting, both of whom were most steadfast in their belief, to Benxi Prison. Recently, dedicated personnel have been assigned to coercively try to "transform" these two practitioners.
Guo Furen (male) and Liu Zhijian (male), top officials of Nanhuayuan Prison: 86-413-4100910, 86-413-4100911
11. [Wendeng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Tian Lisha Sentenced to Forced Labor in Beijing
Ms. Tian Lisha, a practitioner, was laid off from her job at the Wendeng Blades and Tools Factory. On September 24, 2007, she went to different parks to tell others the benefits of Falun Gong while she was working as a maid in Beijing. Two plainclothes police officers lied to her, saying that they had health problems and wanted to learn Falun Gong. When she began to share the practice with them they took her to the police station. Ms. Tian was unlawfully held at the Chaoyang District Detention Center for over three months. She has been sentenced to two years of forced labor and is being held at the "Dispatching Center of Labor Camp Inmates" in Beijing, for over four months. Her family went to Beijing three times before locating her whereabouts.
12. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhou Guoying Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
On January 23, 2008, Ms. Zhou Guoying, a practitioner from Yiyuan County, was unlawfully sentenced to two years of forced labor. She is being held at the Shandong No. 2 Provincial Women's Forced Labor Camp.
Yiyuan County Police Department: 86-533-3242681
Domestic Security Division: 86-533-2139610
Diao Huaiyou (male), director of Yiyuan County "610 Office": 86-533-3223610
Zhang Gongzhao (male), head of Yiyuan County Domestic Security Division: 86-13953341299 (Cell)
13. [Muling City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhao Liping and Her Mother Ms. Wang Fengyun Taken into Custody Several Times and Constantly Harassed by Police
In 2000, officers of the Beijing Police Station in Muling Town took Ms. Zhao Liping to the Muling City Detention Center, where she was unlawfully held for over two months. She was released after the police extorted 1100 yuan from her family.
At noon on July 15, 2005, Ms. Zhao; her father and mother; and Ms. Wang Fengyun, a practitioner in her 60s, were taking a nap at home. Seven or eight officers led by Song, director of the local police station, broke into their home. The officers confiscated Falun Dafa books and a portrait of the founder of Falun Gong. Ms. Zhao and her mother were taken into custody. They were later transferred to the Muling City Detention Center. Ms. Wang Fengyun was held there for 47 days. She was released only after the police extorted 16,000 yuan from her family. Ms. Zhao Liping was sentenced to two years of forced labor after six months of unlawful custody. She was taken to the Heilongjiang Province Drug Rehabilitation Center, where she was held for 15 months before being released.
On May 12, 2007, the director of the local police station and a group of officers went to Ms. Wang Fengyun's home. They took her to the police station for half an hour of unreasonable interrogation before releasing her.
Before October 1, 2007, the officers again harassed Ms. Wang at her home.
14. [Yingcheng City, Hubei Province] Three Practitioners Taken into Custody by Chengbei Police Station
On January 22, 2008, officers of the Chengbei Police Station in Yingcheng City took three practitioners into custody. The three practitioners are being unlawfully held at the Yingcheng City No. 2 Detention Center.
Chen Yongjun (male), political instructor of Chengbei Police Station in
Yingcheng City: 86-13507293986 (Cell)
Chengbei Police Station: 86-712-3258266
15. [Houma City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Guo Suling Taken into Custody
At the end of December 2007, Ms. Guo Suling, a retired elementary school teacher in her 60s, who lives in Xindian Village, Houma City, was followed by the police while she was distributing truth clarification materials. She was later taken into custody, by officers of the Houma City Police Department.
Ge Tianhe (male), director of Houma City 610 Office: 86-13835775062 (Cell)
Office of chief of Houma City Police Department: 86-357-4232888
Office of deputy chief of Houma City Police Department: 86-357-4215566
16. [Liupanshui City, Guizhou Province] Ms. Zhou Jin Sent to a Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Zhou Jin, 39, is a teacher at the Intermediate Professional School of Teachers in Liupanshui City. One of her students reported to the school officials that she clarified the truth about Falun Gong to the students. The school principal and officials of the security section turned her in to the police. At 6:00 p.m. on December 28, 2007, officers of the Liupanshui City State Security Division, the Zhongshan District Police Department, and the Chaoyang Police Station, took Ms. Zhou into custody. The police did not find anything when they searched her home. Still they sentenced her, in secret, to one year of forced labor. Ms. Zhou Jin is being held at the No. 37 Detention Center.
17. [Wenling City, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Lin Yihua, Ms. Han Ping, and Ms. Guo Xiaobo Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
Practitioners Ms. Lin Yihua, Ms. Han Ping, and Ms. Guo Xiaobo are being held in the Zhejiang No. 4 Prison. The three practitioners are serving a term of eight years, five years, and four years respectively.
January 25, 2008