(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Kang Hong, 38, is from Chongqing City, Sichuan Province and a graduate of the Medical School of Chongqing City, Pediatrics Department. Mr. Kang has spent seven of the past nine years since the persecution of Falun Gong started in prison, due to his belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

Mr. Kang suffered a mental collapse in November 2008 while being brutally tortured at the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City. Because of the guards' torture Mr. Kang, he is now in critical condition.

On November 30, Mr. Zhang Yinming, a fellow practitioner imprisoned at the Second Section of the Seventh Ward, passed by Mr. Kang's cell and noticed that he looked extremely weak. In addition, Mr. Kang's face and lips were red and swollen and his body was covered in bruises.

When Mr. Zhang saw this, he approached guard Li Yucheng and urged him stop mistreating Mr. Kang. Li became very angry and punched Mr. Zhang in the face. In addition, he incited criminal inmate Wei Shaohong to beat Mr. Zhang, causing him bodily injury. Not only did the heads of the ward condone the guards' behavior, but they also went to great lengths to prevent the news from leaking to the outside.

The Chinese Communist Party used the Olympic Games as an excuse to intensify its persecution of Falun Gong. When police officers searched Mr. Kang's residence and found several Dafa books, they arrested him and sentenced him to two years in the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp.

The police reported that Mr. Kang fractured his shinbones after he tried to escape from a police bus en route to a forced labor camp in October 2008. However, looking at the evidence surrounding Mr. Kang's attempted escape, one will discover several inconsistencies.

First, bus windows are usually no more than six feet off the ground. And since the bus was parked at the time, how is it possible that a person could fracture both of his shins after falling from a height of only six feet?

After Mr. Kang's shins were fractured, the police did not immediately take him to the hospital, as they should have, but instead took him directly to the First Section (the Training and Discipline Section) of the Seventh Ward of the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp. To protest this inhumane treatment, Mr. Kang began a hunger strike. Soon after, he was taken to the Xishanping Labor Camp Central Hospital.

When Mr. Kang arrived at the prison hospital, workers and criminal inmates frequently beat and tortured him. As a result, Mr. Kang suffered a total mental collapse on November 20. Knowing the dubious history of the hospital, it would be no surprise if the doctors injected powerful psychotropic drugs into Mr. Kang in an effort to damage his nervous system.

Not only did Mr. Kang suffer from fecal and urinary incontinence, but he also yelled incoherently and grabbed feces from his chamberpot and rubbed it on his face. Instead of seeing that Mr. Kang was in desperate need of emergency care, the guards beat him even more fiercely, and then transferred him back to the forced labor camp on November 24.

When Mr. Kang arrived back at the camp, section chief Meng Shuping encouraged criminal inmates Wei Shaohong, Li Hong, Huang Tao, and others to harass Mr. Kang non-stop. They beat him, poured cold water on his body on chilly days, and dragged him to the restroom and splashed cold water on him several times a day, causing his frail body to curl up and shiver on the ground.

When the surroundings are quiet, the sound of Mr. Kang's agonizing screams and painful groans can be heard throughout the small courtyard.

The Training and Discipline Section of the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp: 86-23-89090061
Meng Shuping, chief of the Training and Discipline Section of the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp: 86-15922611118 (Cell)

Beibei Forced Labor Camp (Central Hospital): 86-23-63173016, 86-23-63173057
Tu, hospital director
Zhou and Sun Ping, deputy directors
Zheng Xiaojun, manager
Ye Xin and Liu, assistant managers

Related report: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2008/12/18/103078.html