Additional Persecution News from China - October 21, 2008 (17 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 15 cities or counties in 8 provinces. In this report, 10 Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 10 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Cong Peijing Mistreated in Yaojia Detention Center, Dalian City
On October 14, 2008, Ms. Cong Peijing was arrested and illegally detained at the Yaojia Detention Center in Dalian City. She was mistreated which impaired her ability to walk.
2. [Guan County, Shandong Province] Many Practitioners Detained at Brainwashing Center
Mr. Wang Baohe from Zhangkou Village, Jia Town, Guan County was arrested and sent to the Beihuan Road Brainwashing Center in Guan County in the early August 2008. He was illegally detained at the brainwashing center for more than two months and was released on around October 10. Currently there are still about ten practitioners being detained at the brainwashing center.
3. [Pingdu, Shandong Province] Mr. Li Jitai Mistreated by the 610 Office
On the morning of October 8, 2008, Liu Jie, the head of the 610 Office at the Pingdu Police Department, led police officers from Guxian Police Station to break into Mr. Li Jitai's home. They arrested him and took him to the police station. The police confiscated his personal computer and all the Falun Dafa books. They also extorted 3,000 yuan from Li Jitai's family members. Li Jitai was released that same night.
4. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Li Ruigang and Mr. Guo Tao Arrested
Mr. Li Ruigang and Mr. Guo Tao was arrested on the night of October 12, 2008 by officers from the Helan Police Station in Liaoyang County while handing out fliers explaining the true situation of the persecution. Guo Tao is currently illegally detained at the Liaoyang County Detention Center. Li Ruigang was brutally treated, causing a head injury, and he has not being able to eat. Li Ruigang is now hospitalized at the Shoushan Hospital in Liaoyang County.
Helan Police Station: 86-419-6144544
Political director of the Helan Police Station: 86-13704992119
Political and Security Section: 86-419-7374089
5. [Shanghai City] Additional News Regarding the Mistreatment of Ms. Huang Ying
Right before the Beijing Olympic Games, Ms. Huang Ying was arrested by officers from the Luwan Police Department in Shanghai City and was detained at the Luwan Detention Center for a month, and subjected to abuse. She was arrested again and sent to the Qingpu Brainwashing Center the same day she was released from the detention center. She is currently detained at the brainwashing center, where she is being subjected to mental and physical torment.
6. [Chengde, Hebei Province] Ms. Han Liping, Mr. Chen Xiaodong and Ms. Wang Shuqin Face an Illegal Trial on October 23 at 9:00 a.m.
7. [Xuchang City, Henan Province] Ms. Zhang Huaxiang Arrested
On October 16, Ms. Zhang Huaxiang from Xuchang City was arrested at her home. The police also illegally confiscated her home and took away the Falun Dafa books, Master Li's photo and some materials exposing the persecution. She is currently detained at the Liyuan Detention Center, and suffering from the mistreatment.
8. [Nanyang, Henan Province] Mr. Li Xianhui Arrested
Mr. Li Xianhui, 48, was arrested by the police at his home on October 9, 2008. The police also forcibly took away his personal computer, printer and other personal belongings.
9. [Da County, Sichuan Province] Ms. Liu Mingzhen Sentenced to One Year and Three Months of Forced Labor
On July 22, 2008, Ms. Liu Mingzhen was arrested by officers from the Da County National Security Team. Recently she was sentenced to one year and three months of forced labor.
10. [Xiangfan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Zhang Yongqing Arrested and Sent to a Forced Labor Camp
On the morning of October 15 , Ms. Zhang Yongqing was deceived into going to the Dingzhongmen Police Station by officers from the Hanjiang Police Station in Xiangfan City. She was later arrested and illegally detained at the Wuhan City Women's Forced Labor Camp in Hubei Province.
11. [Inner Mongolia] Mr. Wang Jingli Mistreated
On the night of September 22, 2008, at around 7 o'clock, police officer Du Shikui from Yimin Town Police Department in Ewenkeqi, Hulunbeier City, Inner Mongolia, led a group of officers to break into Mr. Wang Jingli's home. They arrested Wang Jingli and his wife (not a practitioner) and took them to the local police department. On the second day, Mr. Wang's wife was released. Later, Wang Jingli was sent to the Tumuji Forced Labor Camp in Inner Mongolia and tortured. The police also commandeered his home and forcibly took away his Falun Dafa books, truth-clarifying materials and cash.
Telephone numbers of officer Du Shikui: 86-13947008091, 86-470-8728212, 86-13704707180
12. [Changchun, Jilin Province] Ms. Pan Xiupeng Taken to the Weizigou Detention Center
Ms. Pan Xiupeng was reported to the police on October 16, 2008 when she posted information exposing the persecution of Falun Dafa and was arrested by the police from the Nanling Police Station. She was taken to the Weizigou Detention Center on October 17.
13. [Dalian, Liaoning Province] Ms. Yuan Yizhi Arrested on October 20--Her Whereabouts Unknown
14. [Xinji City, Hebei Province] Mr. Yuan Tieshuan Arrested
In mid-October, 2008, Mr. Yuan Tieshuan from Yuanzhuang Village, Xinji City was arrested by the police. His whereabouts are still unknown.
15. [Zoucheng City, Shandong Province] Mr. Ma Mingjun Arrested on October 16 by the Zoucheng City Police Department
16. [Changle, Shandong Province] Ms. Jia Keyun Arrested
Ms. Jia Keyun was arrested on the night of October 15, 2008, at about 7:30 p.m., by officers from the Changle County 610 Office, Changle County Police Station and Changle County National Security Team. Her home was ransacked.
Changle County 610 Office Director Guo Xingjun: 86-13805363818, 86-536-6299603
Changle County National Security Team Liu Baowen: 86-13606366222
17. [Chongqing City] Practitioner Liu Anbin Arrested
Ms. Liu Anbin from Shiqiaopu, Chongqing City was arrested at her home on the morning of October 17, 2008 at 9 o'clock. The police also illegally ransacked her home and took away Falun Dafa books. Liu Anbin was transferred to the Huayan Detention on October 18.