(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liang Bosheng lived in the Jingyue Developing Zone in Changchun City, Jilin Province. In 1999, officers from the Yutan Town Police Station ransacked his home and illegally arrested him. The police hired unemployed men to cruelly beat him with wooden sticks until his entire body was injured and he was close to death. Mr. Liang was sentenced to forced labor, and he served a two-year term in the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp. He suffered numerous hardships in the Fifth Ward, including being deprived of sleep, starved, and forced to sit on a bed-board all day until his legs were numb. If he moved even one bit, the guards and other prisoners would hit him with wooden boards. Mr. Liang was released after his term was extended by 40 days.

During the first four months after he returned home, officers from the local station and the Town and District 610 Office were constantly coming to his door to harass Mr. Liang. On March 20, 2002, the police tried to arrest him again. His elderly mother fainted after being threatened, and he escaped when people were running around to revive his mother. He lived on the streets for nine months, until December 2002. He was penniless, and it was too cold to stay outside at night, so he walked to his younger sister's home in Inner Mongolia, begging for food along the way.

The day after Liang Bosheng arrived at his sister's home, he was reported, arrested by the local police, and taken back to the Yutan Town Police Station. He was taken to the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp again, with a two-year term, on December 29, 2002.

Upon arriving at the labor camp, Mr. Liang refused to write the "five statements" renouncing Falun Gong, so the guards instructed the prisoners to strip him, push him into the bathroom, open the windows, and hose him with freezing cold water. They let him in when he was no longer able speak due to the cold. They repeated this inhuman torture several times, and they didn't allow Mr. Liang to sleep or eat. He had a high fever for six months, had difficulty breathing, and was coughing up blood. Mr. Liang was emaciated and dying by the time he was released on medical parole on October 30, 2003.

Upon returning home, Liang Bosheng's family took him to see doctors and found that his lungs were only functioning at 10% capacity, and large area had been infected with tuberculosis. He was dying. The doctors inserted a tube and an inhaler to help him breathe. He was hospitalized eight times in the last three years of his life, and his family used up all of their savings on medical expenses. Mr. Liang was previously a strong man, but he became disabled due to the persecution. He died on March 19, 2006, at age 49.