Ms. Chai Yuehua from Huairen County, Shanxi Province, became a Falun Gong practitioner and benefited both physically and mentally. Her mental disorder disappeared, and her family also benefited from the practice. But since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to persecute Falun Gong in 1999, Ms. Chai has been persecuted many times because she refuses to give up her belief. She was arrested and "illegally detained" several times and suffered brutal torture. She was once tortured so terribly that she became mentally disordered

Below is Ms. Chai Yuehua's account of the persecution she has had to endure for persevering in the practice of Falun Gong.

My name is Chai Yuehua. I am from Dongguan Village, Chengguan Town, Huairen County, Shanxi Province, and I am 50 years old. Beginning in 1990, I had a mental disorder. I could not work or take care of myself--others had to to take care of me. No matter where my husband went, I had to go with him.

In the summer of 1996, I happened to meet some Falun Gong practitioners who were promoting the Fa in a park. I started to practice. After I studied the Fa and did the exercises, my mental disorder disappeared. I had a healthy body and mind and a harmonious family.

On July 20, 1999, the CCP suddenly started to persecute Falun Gong. I went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa. I took the bus to the Datong City Train Station, where I was stopped by the head of the Political and Protection Section from the Huairen County Police Department, Yu Debiao. The police first detained me in the Huairen County Detention Center. Then they detained me again for seven days in Ying County. It was the Chinese New Year. The police extorted 3,000 yuan from me and released me.

In March 2000 I went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa again. I walked two days and arrived in Changping County, Beijing. But my husband rented a taxi, stopped me, and brought me back home. Afterwards, I went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa for a third time. I finally arrived at the Appeals Office. The officials asked me if I had any written materials. I said I did not. They said I could go home, write one, and mail it back. On my way home, I was followed by the officials from the Appeals Office to the train station. Finally I got back to Huairen County.

In May 2000, I was arrested by Yu Debiao of the Huairen County Police Department and taken to the county detention center for posting a truth-clarification flyer. In order to express my firm belief in Dafa, I used blood from my finger to write a letter and gave it to the detention center director, Wang Youcai. I was detained for three months and had 3,000 yuan extorted from me by the police. The police did not give me any receipt and still have not returned the money.

On August 15, 2000, Yu Debiao of the Huairen County Police Department arrested me again for distributing truth-clarifying materials. I was illegally sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor and taken to Xindian Women's Forced Labor Camp in Taiyuan City. I suffered from brutal tortures, including beatings, verbal abuse, and being hung by my handcuffs. Once I nearly died from a brutal beating at the hands of guard Sun Hua. I went on a hunger strike for 56 days to protest the persecution but was force-fed. Afterwards, I was frequently abused, like being made to stand under the hot sun for a long time and having my term extended. I was pressured to write a so-called Repentance Statement. I also became mentally disordered due to the abuse. I was taken to the Taiyuan City Mental Hospital and released after a month. After I got home, I was still harassed frequently by Officer Liu Xing.

On February 20, 2008, while handing out truth-clarifying flyers and CDs, I was again arrested by Liu Xing. My house was ransacked and my belongings seized. In the detention center, Liu Xing brutally tortured me. I was sentenced by Huairen County Court Judge Xiao Yunhua and others to three years. On June 1, 2008, I was taken to Yuci Forced Labor Camp in Shanxi Province and was brutally mistreated.

I cultivated Falun Dafa and I benefited mentally and physically. My family also benefited. I have been brutally persecuted by the CCP because I persevere in protecting my right to freedom of belief. Persecution cannot change me or make me give up my firm belief in Falun Dafa. Heaven will not tolerate the crimes of the CCP. I hope that all people of conscience can clearly see the true nature of the CCP, quit that evil organization, and choose for themselves a bright future.