Additional Persecution News from China - October 14, 2008 (13 Reports)
Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 10 cities or counties in 8 provinces. In this report, 12 practitioners were subjected to brutal mistreatment during their detention, and at least 11 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Dechun and Other Practitioners Sent to Forced Labor Camp
- [Shandong Province] Mr. Zhu Hengde Arrested
- [Beijing] Ms. Zhao Huaichun Still Detained
- [Zhangshu City, Jiangxi Province] The Persecution of Ms. Lu Sanxiu
- [Hebei Province] Ms. Lu Suhua and Ms. Zhang Yachun Brutally Tortured at the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp
- [Yongnian County, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhang Xiangling Arrested
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Ren Yanjun and Ms. Hu Aimin Detained
- [Yanji City, Jilin Province] Mr. Li Guangshi and Mr. Yang Fujin Arrested
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Pang Shuxin Arrested
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Yang Shuzhen Arrested
- [Sichuan Province] Additional Information about the Arrest of Ms. Liang Kunhua and Mr. Zhou Tingyue
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Wu Yanfei Arrested
- [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhu Zhiyong Illegally Sentenced
1. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Dechun and Other Practitioners Sent to Forced Labor Camp
On August 26, 2008, Ms. Wang Dechun from Wujin Town, Linqu County, was arrested by police from the 610 Office and detained in the county detention center. On September 22, 2008, the police transferred her to Zhangqiu Forced Labor Camp. That same day, several practitioners from Linqu County were also sent to the forced labor camp.
Mr. Liu Shimin and Liu Guodong, a couple from Zhifang, were arrested. The details are still unknown.
2. [Shandong Province] Mr. Zhu Hengde Arrested
On October 11, 2008, Mr. Zhu Hengde of the Gudao Oil Extraction Factory in the Shengli Oil Field, was arrested by officers from the Haibin Police Department and taken to Dongying Brainwashing Center.
3. [Beijing] Ms. Zhao Huaichun Still Detained
Ms. Zhao Huaichun, 58 years old, lives in the Haidian District in Beijing. She has practiced Falun Gong since 2002. She was sentenced to one year and six months of forced labor. She has lost her job and pension.
On the afternoon of June 10, 2008, a group of policemen broke into the home of Ms. Zhao again. They confiscated Dafa books, her computer, and some printing equipment. She was arrested and has been detained in the Chaoyang District First Detention Center ever since.
4. [Zhangshu City, Jiangxi Province] The Persecution of Ms. Lu Sanxiu
Ms. Lu Sanxiu is 57 years old. In October 1999, she was sentenced to three years' imprisonment because she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was detained and persecuted in the Jiangxi Province Women's Prison. In those three years, she was brutally tortured. She was hung up and handcuffed, handcuffed with her arms behind her back, confined in a small cell, and force-fed. She was forced to do hard labor for more than ten hours every day. After Ms. Lu's three-year term was over, the local police sent her directly to a women's forced labor camp for three years.
In the forced labor camp, the guards first ordered drug addicts to beat her. The camp added drugs that destroy the central nervous system into her meals. As a result, Ms. Lu was in a coma or semi-coma. Her condition was critical. She lay on her bed for more than three weeks and could not move. Even so, she was not released until 2005.
In 2007, Ms. Lu told people she met on the street the facts of the persecution. She was arrested by Dianxia Police Station in Zhangshu City and sentenced to two years of forced labor.
5. [Hebei Province] Ms. Lu Suhua and Ms. Zhang Yachun Brutally Tortured at the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Lu Suhua's forearm was broken when she was tortured during attempts to forcibly "transform" her. Her ribs were injured in many places. Her family members were not allowed to visit her.
Ms. Zhang Yachun has been confined in a small cell for more than three weeks. Her face has been injured.
6. [Yongnian County, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhang Xiangling Arrested
Ms. Zhang Xiangling, a practitioner in her 30s, lives in Yongnian County. In October 2003, she was arrested by the local police because she practiced Falun Gong. She was detained in the Yongnian County Detention Center.
On the night of August 19, 2008, officers from the Handan County Police Department and the Fudong Police Station broke into the apartment rented by Ms. Zhang and arrested her. The police took away Dafa books and her phone book.
The Handan County 610 Office: 86-310-8033610
Director Yuan Jinling: 86-310-8033610, 86-310-8036358, 86-13931050980
Wang Baoshi, Director of Handan County Police Department: 86-310-8036512
7. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Ren Yanjun and Ms. Hu Aimin Detained
Ms. Ren Yanjun, a practitioner in her 60s, is a retired employee of the 41th High School. Ms. Hu Aimin is 40 years old and works at the Changcheng Aluminum Company. On July 10, 2008, the two were arrested. They are now in the Sanlizhuang Detention Center in Yingyang City.
8. [Yanji City, Jilin Province] Mr. Li Guangshi and Mr. Yang Fujin Arrested
On the night of April 12, 2008, six or seven people from the Yanbian State National Security Team and the Yanji City National Security Team, as well as police from the Mudanjiang National Security Team, arrested Mr. Li Guangshi and his father-in-law, Mr. Yang Fujin. They are being detained in the Yanji City Detention Center.
Piao Guinan, the Yanbian State National Security Team: 86-13844373033
Xiao Bin, the Yanji City National Security Team: 86-433-2999030
9. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Pang Shuxin Arrested
On October 13, 2008, Mr. Pang Shuxin was arrested by officers from the Longgang Police Department in Daqing City. His home was also searched. The police took a computer, a printer, Teacher's picture, Dafa books, and other items.
10. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Yang Shuzhen Arrested
Ms. Yang Shuzhen is an elderly practitioner who lives in the Liaohe Residential Area in Harbin City. On the morning of September 24, 2008, she clarified the truth to her colleague Gao Meiying. She was reported and arrested. Later, Ms. Yang was sentenced to one year of forced labor. She was sent to a labor camp, but the camp administrators refused to accept her.
11.[Sichuan Province] Additional Information about the Arrest of Ms. Liang Kunhua and Mr. Zhou Tingyue
Ms. Liang Kunhua (64 years old) and Mr. Zhou Tingyue (73 years old) live in Longquanyi District, Chengdu City. On the morning of September 10, 2008, they picked up two truth-clarifying CDs from the ground. The police stationed nearby arrested them and searched their home. They were detained in the Longquanyi District Police Station. Fifteen days later, they were transferred to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center in Sichuan Province.
12. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Wu Yanfei Arrested
Mr. Wu Yanfei is a police officer with the Dongling Branch of the Shenyang Police Department. On May 27, 2008, police from the National Security Team of the Shenyang City Police Department secretly arrested him because he practiced Falun Gong. His whereabouts are still unknown.
Mr. Wu is about 40 years old. He was a former chief of a police station in the Fangjialan Area. Later he was removed from his office and became a regular policeman in the night patrol.
13. [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhu Zhiyong Illegally Sentenced
Mr. Zhu Zhiyong from Lulong County, Qinhuangdao City, was sentenced to one-year imprisonment. He is now in the Lulong County Detention Center.
October 13, 2008