Additional Persecution News from China - October 18, 2008 (19 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 17 cities or counties in 10 provinces. In this report, 30 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 19 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Weinan City, Shaanxi Province] Additional Information on Ms. Yang Lianying and Her Imprisoned Husband
Ms. Yang Lianying and her husband Mr. Wang Jincai have both retired from the Shaanxi Province No. 4 Construction Company. Mr. Wang is in his seventies, and Ms. Yang is 68 years old. Since the persecution started in 1999, Mr. Wang has been taken into custody three times, and Ms. Yang has been taken six times. At around 8:00 p.m. one evening at the end of April 2008, officers from the Weinan City Domestic Security Division broke into Mr. Wang's home and arrested the elderly couple. On June 10, the two practitioners were each sentenced to three years in prison. Mr. Wang is being held at the Shaanxi Province No. 2 Prison. Ms. Yang's whereabouts are unknown.
Jiefang Street Neighborhood Administration Office in Linwei District, Weinan City: 86-913-2187791
Weinan City Police Department: 86-913-2182400
Political Security Section of the Linwei District Police Department: 86-913-2184129
2. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Two Practitioners in Jinzhou District Taken into Custody
At around 7:30 a.m. on October 14, 2008, two practitioners in Jinzhou District, Dalian City were taken into custody by officers from the Rixin Police Station in Xigang District, Dalian City. The two practitioners are being held at the Yaojia Detention Center.
3. [Beijing] Mr. Li Baofeng, 50-Year-Old Xicheng District Practitioner, Remains in Custody since April 2008
4. [Beijing] Half of Ms. Gao Huirong's Body Desensitized
Ms. Gao Huirong, 63, and Ms. Gao Huiyun, 60, live in Fengtai District, Beijing. Early in July 2008, officers in Chongwen District searched their home, shackled the two practitioners, and tortured them. After a dozen or so days, Ms. Gao Huiyun was not able to hear others talking to her. She was taken home by her family and sent to a hospital. Half of her body is paralyzed and has become numb. Ms. Gao Huirong's situation is not clear.
On or around February 21, Mr. Qi, who lives in Chaoyang District, Beijing, was taken into police custody for transporting materials with Falun Gong content. The police searched his home and arrested his wife as well. Their daughter, who is not yet 10 years old, has been left at home unattended.
5. [Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Liu Kainan Faces Unlawful Trial
6. [Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Fu Caixia Faces Trial on October 20
7. [Muling City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Kou Jinghong and Other Practitioners Taken into Custody
On October 13, Zhou Xinsheng (male) and other officers from the Muling City Political Security Section broke into Ms. Kou Jinghong's home. The police took away Ms. Kou, her elderly mother in her seventies, and Ms. Yin Changfeng, who happened to be visiting Ms. Kou. Ms. Kou's mother was later released as her child would otherwise be left unattended. Ms. Yin was released after officials extorted from her 5,000 yuan in cash. Ms. Kou remains in custody at the Muling City Detention Center.
8. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Juxin Police Station Takes Two Practitioners into Custody
Elderly Ms. Wang and her son, both from Heilongjiang Province, operate a small restaurant in the Jinfang area in Jinzhou District, Dalian City. On the morning of July 14, 2008, the two practitioners were on their way to the restaurant when several officers from the Juxin Police Station in Dalian City took them into custody. The officers also searched their home and confiscated Falun Dafa books, truth-clarification materials, a printer, and cellular phones. Ms. Wang was released the same night. Her son remains in custody.
9. [Tai'an City, Shandong Province] Ms. Su Qingying Taken to Forced Labor Camp for the Third Time
On the morning of September 10, Ms. Su Qingying was taken into custody while she was telling others about Falun Gong in the Dazhongqiao area in Tai'an City. She was taken to the Tai'an City Detention Center and sentenced to 18 months of forced labor. She is being held at Shandong Province No. 1 Women's Forced Labor Camp.
10. [Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province] Over 60 Practitioners Held at Xindian Forced Labor Camp
There are currently over 60 practitioners held at the Xindian Forced Labor Camp in Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province. Ms. Zhang Sufang, from Taiyuan City, was held in a small cell for solitary confinement as a result of refusing to be "transformed."
11. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Dai Xiuhong Taken into Custody
On October 15, Ms. Dai Xiuhong was taken into custody. The police searched her home in the Zhonghe Street Residential Community in the Weicheng area of Weifang City. The officers confiscated a DVD burner and DVDs.
12. [Shandong Province] Persecution of Ms. Shi Wenjing Escalates in Wangcun No. 2 Women's Forced Labor Camp
Officials at the No. 4 Division of the Wangcun No. 2 Women's Forced Labor Camp in Shandong Province have escalated their abuse of Ms. Shi Wenjing. Ms. Shi gets very little sleep, and she has to stand for extended hours during the day, causing her legs to swell. The persecution has lasted for over 40 days.
13. [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Chen Yanjing and Ms. Xu Xiaoyan Taken to Forced Labor Camp
On May 29, 2008, Ms. Chen Yanjing, from Benxi City, was taken into custody by officers of the Gongren Police Station while she was giving out brochures in the Zhuanshan area. The police searched her home and confiscated an MP3 player and other personal items. Ms. Chen was taken to the Dabailou Detention Center.
A month later, she was transferred to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp for two years of forced labor. Ms. Xu Xiaoyan was transferred to the labor camp at the same time.
14. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhao Yulan Taken to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
On February 8, 2008, Ms. Zhao Yulan was taken into custody by the Dongxin Development District Police Station. She has been sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp for a four-year term.
15. [Urumqi City, Xinjiang Autonomous Region] Ms. Deng Li Taken into Custody While Distributing Brochures on September 10
16. [Tumen City, Jilin Province] Mr. Gao Shilin Taken into Custody
On October 8, 2008, Mr. Gao Shilin was turned in to the police by a person who spotted him talking to a customer of his at the farmer's market. 110 Emergency Response police took him into custody. Mr. Gao is being held at the Tumen Detention Center.
17. [Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province] A Dozen Practitioners Remain in Custody
Before the Beijing Olympics in August, a dozen practitioners were taken into custody at a facility operated by the Special Police Task Force. Among them, Ms. Gu Modi and Ms. Shen Caifen have managed to escape. Ms. Qin Suhua was sentenced to prison. The other dozen or so practitioners remain at the facility.
18. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Wei Guirong Remains in Custody at Longhai Road Detention Center
Ms. Wei Guirong was taken from her home by officers of the Guancheng Police Department on September 22. She is being held at the Longhai Road Detention Center. Her family has been denied visitation.
19. [Hebei Province] Textbook for Sixth Grade in Anping County Defames Falun Dafa
The Thoughts and Society textbook for the sixth grade in schools of Anping County has content that defames Falun Dafa and poisons students' minds.
The publisher is: Guangxi Normal University Press, No. 22 Zhonghua Road, Guilin City, Guangxi Autonomous Region; telephone number: 86-773-2282568.